SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And one other thing he opened fake “forge” account in 2015 the above case was four years before.

Eta

He received ? Moselle in 2013 from boulware transferred to MM 2016.

Was that legit? IDK

Interesting tidbits bolded by me.

Murdaugh allegedly introduced the man’s mother to his longtime friend and lawyer, Cory Fleming, who then brought in Laffitte to manage his finances. When the young man (Hakeem Pinckney) later died at a care facility after his ventilator became unexplainably unplugged, Laffitte was appointed conservator of the man’s estate...

After Hakeem’s death in 2011 at the age of 21, a different attorney for Murdaugh’s law firm handled a wrongful death lawsuit against the care facility.

He (Bamberg) is working on filing civil litigation in Hampton County on behalf of a total of eight former clients of Murdaugh.

Alex Murdaugh: SC bank CEO fired over ex-lawyer's alleged schemes to defraud deaf quadriplegic, others

Interesting tidbits bolded by me.

Murdaugh allegedly introduced the man’s mother to his longtime friend and lawyer, Cory Fleming, who then brought in Laffitte to manage his finances. When the young man (Hakeem Pinckney) later died at a care facility after his ventilator became unexplainably unplugged, Laffitte was appointed conservator of the man’s estate...

After Hakeem’s death in 2011 at the age of 21, a different attorney for Murdaugh’s law firm handled a wrongful death lawsuit against the care facility.

He (Bamberg) is working on filing civil litigation in Hampton County on behalf of a total of eight former clients of Murdaugh.

Alex Murdaugh: SC bank CEO fired over ex-lawyer's alleged schemes to defraud deaf quadriplegic, others

Hakeem died oct 11 2011, 300,000 check was deposited Dec 20 2011 and cashed the next day.

Sick just sick jmo

Pamela Pinckney is one of Bamberg’s new clients who Murdaugh allegedly stole from. Murdaugh and his co-conspirators are accused of stealing approximately $1 million from the Pinckney family between 2011 and 2017, according to Bamberg.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/07...plegic-deaf-man-in-2011-scheme-attorney-says/

In the Pinckney case, one of the checks that was allegedly stolen was written directly to Palmetto State Bank. That check was for over $300,000, according to documents obtained by FITSNews.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name or in the name of PMPED.

I hope ppl learn from this, no dang reason for a lawyer be directing ppl to a bank. It’s a financial advisor you need. If you don’t like the plan see another then decide how you want to receive YOUR money.

Jmo
Good idea here and reminder for all that inherit money or law suit. Whatever way you obtain a large amount of money you definitely need a financial advisor. When my mother died in 2015 she left all 3 of us a decent amount but the lawyer that ran the probate tried to add extra funds for things we never heard of. We checked it out and got another lawyer and financial advisor from our bank. MOO

Pamela Pinckney is one of Bamberg’s new clients who Murdaugh allegedly stole from. Murdaugh and his co-conspirators are accused of stealing approximately $1 million from the Pinckney family between 2011 and 2017, according to Bamberg.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/07...plegic-deaf-man-in-2011-scheme-attorney-says/

In the Pinckney case, one of the checks that was allegedly stolen was written directly to Palmetto State Bank. That check was for over $300,000, according to documents obtained by FITSNews.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name or in the name of PMPED.

I hope ppl learn from this, no dang reason for a lawyer be directing ppl to a bank. It’s a financial advisor you need. If you don’t like the plan see another then decide how you want to receive YOUR money.

Jmo
Compelling report on Pickney and Murdaugh connection. I, for one, am not finished with Fits. Thanks for posting

And one other thing he opened fake “forge” account in 2015 the above case was four years before.

Eta

He received ? Moselle in 2013 from boulware transferred to MM 2016.

Was that legit? IDK
Nahh...transfer from from Boulware, dirty biz. Those Boulwares intrigue me as much as Whitey Bulger and his mob did. (I am part of that era, can't help myself.)

Hakeem died oct 11 2011, 300,000 check was deposited Dec 20 2011 and cashed the next day.

Sick just sick jmo

This is like the Me Too movement in the many legal victims of AM. This could have remained zipped if not for the murders. I’m sure there are other victim cases who haven’t publicly shared their story yet. There really was no way for victims to get around his manipulative power prior to planning a hit on his family. He thought he would get by with everything.

Sick just sick jmo

Appalling! 2011 is a lot earlier than I had thought this had all started. (I thought around 2015, with the Forge account) I can't understand why no one effectively complained. Surely, surely someone made a fuss about not getting any resolution/money? I think there must have been some sort of shushing up of complaints. Each time I think it can't get any worse, it just does.

Appalling! 2011 is a lot earlier than I had thought this had all started. (I thought around 2015, with the Forge account) I can't understand why no one effectively complained. Surely, surely someone made a fuss about not getting any resolution/money? I think there must have been some sort of shushing up of complaints. Each time I think it can't get any worse, it just does.

I wonder if Paul Murdaugh has been doing this before 2011. It would not surprise me.

I wonder if Paul Murdaugh has been doing this before 2011. It would not surprise me.

Do you mean Alex? I wouldn't be surprised now if it did start before 2011. Completely amoral, it's as if he was using the firm to farm for people to rip off. The murders were the end of the story, or close too the end, not at the beginning. I hope the investigators investigate the crap out of this, leave no stone unturned. It is inconceivable that this went on for so long, involving two law firms and a bank at least, and no-one knew. I also wish-of course, and still, that there will be arrests made on the murder soon.

Do you mean Alex? I wouldn't be surprised now if it did start before 2011. Completely amoral, it's as if he was using the firm to farm for people to rip off. The murders were the end of the story, or close too the end, not at the beginning. I hope the investigators investigate the crap out of this, leave no stone unturned. It is inconceivable that this went on for so long, involving two law firms and a bank at least, and no-one knew. I also wish-of course, and still, that there will be arrests made on the murder soon.

The deeper this Murdaugh iceberg goes, the more it all sounds like an organized crime syndicate.

When people hire professionals, especially those with the certifications (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and doctors), they hire them to perform a service that they could otherwise not do themselves due to the specialized knowledge that is required for that service. Oftentimes (and unfortunately in this case), people will blindly trust their professionals as a result of being otherwise unfamiliar with the process. I suspect Alex gave his clients false (though very professional sounding) reasons as to why no settlements were coming through, and they accepted those lies because he is “their” expert with dynastic experience and clout in the region.

Last edited:
South Carolina Highway Patrol officer to share victim statement at Murdaugh hearing Monday

"South Carolina Highway Patrol Lieutenant Thomas E. Moore is expected to give a victim statement during a court hearing Monday involving Alex Murdaugh.

The indictment says Murdaugh allegedly convinced Moore to sign a $125,000 insurance company check for settlement proceeds in Moore's case to Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, and Detrick, P.A. (PMPED), telling him the money could not be disbursed until his litigation was finished.

"Instead of compensating Patrolman Moore, Murdaugh instead breached Patrolman Moore's trust and converted the money to his own personal use, for expenses including but not limited to overdraft fees, cash, and checks written to associates," the indictment states."

MURDAUGHSOuster Of Acting US Attorney In South Carolina Linked To Mishandling Of ‘Murdaugh Murders’

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/10...na-linked-to-mishandling-of-murdaugh-murders/

The pre-Christmas ouster of acting United States attorney Rhett DeHart was linked to his office’s chronic mishandling of the high-scale ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga, multiple sources familiar with the situation have confirmed to this news outlet.

Oftentimes (and unfortunately in this case), people will blindly trust their professionals as a result of being otherwise unfamiliar with the process.

I suspect Alex gave his clients false (though very professional sounding) reasons as to why no settlements were coming through, and they accepted those lies because he is “their” expert with dynastic experience and clout in the region.

Very true.

I have lived and worked in the small deep south. Needless to say, the deep south is very "olde school" in well, many different aspects. The SC low country is very deep.

Olde school traditions of the deep south accord alot of respect to people in certain professions simply because they hold the position doctor, attorney, clergy of any sort( I once saw traditional Catholic nuns receive far more respect from Baptist locals in small town Arkansas than they would get in secular NYC. Had they been an ultra Orthodox rabbi, the respect would have been the same), accountant, or funeral director- very important in the deep south.

Likewise, the deep south places alot of traditional emphasis on family reputation- even if that reputation has been largely hype for generations.

So.... as you stated, mix a respected profession, with family reputation- then add relative wealth (also respected in the deep south) and very few people in the low country would be inclined to question AM about anything- let alone law.

Last edited:

JMO, most of it is probably "business as usual". except for the murders. There are probably many other attorneys there who do business the same way as AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper