SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Shore
@jake4shore
·
13m
AG's office prosecutor Creighton Waters says an investigation has uncovered that millions Murdaugh cashed out over the years -- to cash, check cashing, or associates -- "substantial portions were returned to Mr. Murdaugh." He said they're trying to figure out where that $ went.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1480629011013419018?s=21

Hope I did this right.

So Eddie was receiving checks and putting in another account for AM? Or giving him cash back?

Jmo

"Poor old Mr. Murdaugh don't have no money" is not an excuse to reduce his bond, Moore says. "Guess what, I don't either. I've got to pay my medical bills." For Murdaugh to be so nice to me then steal money I need for medical bills, he'll steal from anybody.
https://twitter.com/drewtripp/status/1480640274040819714?s=21
https://twitter.com/drewtripp/status/1480640274040819714?s=21

Lt. Moore: If Murdaugh gets out of jail, we're never going to see him again. He'll "finish the job" (of killing himself, or flee. Supports no bond reduction.

Creighton Waters now speaking again.

He stole every dime’: Judge To Issue Written Decision In Alex Murdaugh’s Action-Packed Bond Hearing

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/10...itten-decision-in-alex-murdaugh-bond-hearing/

During the hearing, there were several references to Murdaugh’s jailhouse phone calls, in which the state accused him of behaving like a man who believed he had access to his assets, noting that Murdaugh mentioned his $2.2 million retirement account and even told a family member to go ahead and spend money on golf.

“Those jail calls don’t seem to be from someone one who is destitute, who has less than $10,000,” prosecutor Creighton Waters said. “It’s very clear he is telling relatives go ahead and spend money. ‘I’ve already worked it out, I’m going to pay you back.’”

“Those jail calls don’t seem to be from someone one who is destitute, who has less than $10,000,” prosecutor Creighton Waters said. “It’s very clear he is telling relatives go ahead and spend money. ‘I’ve already worked it out, I’m going to pay you back.’”

Waters said Alex Murdaugh is heard on jailhouse phone calls telling family members to spend money because “he has it worked out.” Specifically, Alex is heard on the phone telling relatives “you need me to send you $4,000 or $5,000 for golf? I don’t want you to play golf without at least being able to get some drinks at the bar and a souvenir shirt.”

In another call, Waters said Murdaugh is heard telling someone else that a relative is loaning him money.

Despite Harpootlian’s repeated assertions over the past month that Murdaugh has less than $10,000 in his bank account and “limited assets,” Lay told the court about what most would consider to be significant assets, including a $2.2 million retirement account, a $360,000 retirement account from his father, other “substantial” inheritance from his father, the proceeds from his wife’s estate, as well as real estate of “substantial value.”

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/10...itten-decision-in-alex-murdaugh-bond-hearing/

.... images of his face at link, i don’t know how to link. His face and knuckles are wounded/scabs

South Carolina Highway Patrol officer to share victim statement at Murdaugh hearing Monday

"South Carolina Highway Patrol Lieutenant Thomas E. Moore is expected to give a victim statement during a court hearing Monday involving Alex Murdaugh.

The indictment says Murdaugh allegedly convinced Moore to sign a $125,000 insurance company check for settlement proceeds in Moore's case to Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, and Detrick, P.A. (PMPED), telling him the money could not be disbursed until his litigation was finished.

"Instead of compensating Patrolman Moore, Murdaugh instead breached Patrolman Moore's trust and converted the money to his own personal use, for expenses including but not limited to overdraft fees, cash, and checks written to associates," the indictment states."

Could this guy get any lower? I’m lost for words catching up on this thread… what a disgrace of a human being he is! :(

Jake Shore
@jake4shore
·
13m
AG's office prosecutor Creighton Waters says an investigation has uncovered that millions Murdaugh cashed out over the years -- to cash, check cashing, or associates -- "substantial portions were returned to Mr. Murdaugh." He said they're trying to figure out where that $ went.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1480629011013419018?s=21

Hope I did this right.

So Eddie was receiving checks and putting in another account for AM? Or giving him cash back?

Jmo
The checks to Eddie went to Eddie. Other portions of the amounts he stole were returned to him (laundered).

The checks to Eddie went to Eddie. Other portions of the amounts he stole were returned to him (laundered).

This may have been asked already but where are the accountants in all this? Or were they in on it too? It’s beggars belief this case honestly, I’m playing catch up but the number of times my jaw has dropped this evening is unbelievable. Just when I think oh this must be it, something else crawls out.

Despite Harpootlian’s repeated assertions over the past month that Murdaugh has less than $10,000 in his bank account and “limited assets,” Lay told the court about what most would consider to be significant assets, including a $2.2 million retirement account, a $360,000 retirement account from his father, other “substantial” inheritance from his father, the proceeds from his wife’s estate, as well as real estate of “substantial value.”

.... images of his face at link, i don’t know how to link. His face and knuckles are wounded/scabs
Photos from hearing posted below. AM appears to have facial abrasions near his eye and scraped knuckles.
upload_2022-1-10_22-37-42.jpeg

Still images taken during the hearing show that Murdaugh appeared to have a black eye and busted-up knuckles <snip>.

No mention was made during the hearing about Murdaugh’s apparent injuries.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/10...itten-decision-in-alex-murdaugh-bond-hearing/ | 10 Jan 2022

Last edited:
In another call, Waters said Murdaugh is heard telling someone else that a relative is loaning him money.

Murdaugh’s attorney state Sen. Dick Harpootlian also mentioned the jailhouse calls, referencing Murdaugh’s instructions to a family member to make a check payable to another inmate’s commissary account.

He said the $60 a week limit on commissary account deposits at Richland County Detention Center was challenging to Murdaugh.

“He’d like to get some more underwear,” Harpootlian said.

“He’s being punished because of his position in his community,” he told the judge, saying that he hoped Murdaugh’s bond would be reduced to five-figures with the ability to pay “up to 10 percent.”

Up to 10% mind you, he needs new panties.

Murdaugh’s attorney state Sen. Dick Harpootlian also mentioned the jailhouse calls, referencing Murdaugh’s instructions to a family member to make a check payable to another inmate’s commissary account.

He said the $60 a week limit on commissary account deposits at Richland County Detention Center was challenging to Murdaugh.

“He’s being punished because of his position in his community,” he told the judge, saying that he hoped Murdaugh’s bond would be reduced to five-figures with the ability to pay “up to 10 percent.”

The words that come out of Harpootlian’s mouth… He and AM are quite a pair.
More underwear? This is his main concern?
Underwear store at the Detention Center?
Is there also a beauty salon at the Detention Center?
It could be expensive for salon services.
Looks like AM is keeping up the red dye in the front of his hair

Both men are despicable.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/10...al-system-gives-in-to-alex-murdaughs-demands/

At 2 p.m. today, the Honorable Alison Lee, the presiding judge of the state grand jury, will consider Murdaugh’s motion to reduce his bond from $7 million to something that a humble, well-exercised and mildly but still passively apologetic man with “less than $10,000” to his name can afford.

Alex is entitled to a lower bond because … well, he just is, his attorneys state Sen. Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin have basically said.

I think a Google search will allow reading if no subscription.

The words that come out of Harpootlian’s mouth… He and AM are quite a pair.
More underwear? This is his main concern?
Underwear store at the Detention Center?
Is there also a beauty salon at the Detention Center?
It could be expensive for salon services.
Looks like AM is keeping up the red dye in the front of his hair

Both men are despicable.
No hair salon. I think that’s just how his hair is getting unevenly, temples first. Notice he needs a haircut.

This may have been asked already but where are the accountants in all this? Or were they in on it too? It’s beggars belief this case honestly, I’m playing catch up but the number of times my jaw has dropped this evening is unbelievable. Just when I think oh this must be it, something else crawls out.
Unfortunately, the only accountants that have been mentioned publicly thus far in this case are the forensic accountants that were hired by PMPED upon the discovery of the fraud to suss out AM’s fraudulent activity.

It is highly unlikely that PMPED would have been legally required to undergo an annual audit. As such, it is highly unlikely PMPED contracted with an accountant to perform an audit, which may have uncovered the fraud sooner (or at least identified material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in internal controls that could have allowed for fraud to occur). Audits are not meant to identify fraud, but to give assurance as to the amounts reported in the financial statements.

In terms of preparing financial statements and/or tax returns, while it hasn’t been discussed, I highly suspect that the firm had those duties performed by an internal employee (likely not a CPA) as opposed to a third-party bookkeeper. Even if the firm did outsource those duties, a bookkeeper can only prepare the financial statements and tax returns based on the data provided by the client. A bookkeeper is not responsible for looking for fraud and must rely on the information provided by the client to develop the financial statements and/or tax return. (Usually there is a clause in bookkeeping contracts concerning the integrity of the data provided to absolve the bookkeeper in such instances.)

AM and his attorney’s are dispicable. Whining about underwear, mocking victims.
It’s a “challenge” for AM to live within the $60/week commissary limit. It’s a challenge for that State Trooper to get up and go to work everyday because AM stole his money!
I have no doubt AM has tons of money stashed away in an offshore account. Grant him bail and he is gone.

Poor ole AM needs some underwear.
We should all flood the jail with underwear for him.
#CoverAM’sA$$

Personally, I think anyone that's incarcerated should have access to undergarments that are new and fit properly. I think anyone that's incarcerated should have access to the commissary where they can purchase additional underwear, socks, deodorant, toothpaste, soap and snacks. What is standard issue is not always new or sufficient. I understand not allowing hugh sums of money to be deposited in an inmate's account, but that fact that men and women have to save for weeks or months for the "luxury" of shoes or a blanket does nothing to further justice. IMO.

Maybe he's paying for protection to another inmate. Looks like someone had a serious conversation with him with all the scrapes and marks.

Could this guy get any lower? I’m lost for words catching up on this thread… what a disgrace of a human being he is! :(
Does anyone else wonder if he is a serial killer? How many deaths is he connected to? He is a truly frightening man. I can't imagine how much harm he is responsible for causing the people of SC. And the system that allowed and enabled him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper