SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That phone call is disturbing for many reasons, but one reason is this is a father actively encouraging his son to engage in heavy alcohol use, in my opinion. After the destruction that alcohol abuse cost one son and his victims, here is a father encouraging and enabling his remaining son to drink.
Knowing what heinous crimes this man is suspected of committing, idk why I find this so reprehensible but I do.
He is a dark triad. Just my opinion as a parent.

Hello everyone.
About PM being shot twice with a shotgun at close range, why would the killer need to shoot him a second time? Isn't that overkill? Rage?
My apologies if this is a ridiculous question as I know nothing about guns. I have always been told that a gsw from a shotgun is devastatingly destructive.
Years ago I dated an EMT and I remember his description of the carnage at crime scenes and suicides from shotguns. I have always thought that MM was the main target that night and PM wasn't suppose to have been there. However, I was talking to a friend who is very knowledgeable about guns. We were talking about this case. He vaguely remembered hearing about it and did not know the details of the murders. After I explained the weapons used he said, " Wow. Someone was extremely angry at that kid. Two shotgun blast at close range is major overkill."
Well, I just feel like an idiot! How have I been reading everything I can about this case and something so obvious went sailing over my empty head?
Please be kind.

Hello everyone.
About PM being shot twice with a shotgun at close range, why would the killer need to shoot him a second time? Isn't that overkill? Rage?
My apologies if this is a ridiculous question as I know nothing about guns. I have always been told that a gsw from a shotgun is devastatingly destructive.
Years ago I dated an EMT and I remember his description of the carnage at crime scenes and suicides from shotguns. I have always thought that MM was the main target that night and PM wasn't suppose to have been there. However, I was talking to a friend who is very knowledgeable about guns. We were talking about this case. He vaguely remembered hearing about it and did not know the details of the murders. After I explained the weapons used he said, " Wow. Someone was extremely angry at that kid. Two shotgun blast at close range is major overkill."
Well, I just feel like an idiot! How have I been reading everything I can about this case and something so obvious went sailing over my empty head?
Please be kind.
I think there was a struggle in a small space inside the kennel, and he was overpowered and shot at close range. I believe he was in a defensive position, so the bullet went through his arm into his head. So 2 entry points, but not 2 separate shots. MOO

I think there was a struggle in a small space inside the kennel, and he was overpowered and shot at close range. I believe he was in a defensive position, so the bullet went through his arm into his head. So 2 entry points, but not 2 separate shots. MOO

Paul was shot twice: in the chest and another shot went through his arm and head.

Here is his death certificate from post #17 in our Murdaugh media thread:
https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg

About PM being shot twice with a shotgun at close range, why would the killer need to shoot him a second time? Isn't that overkill? Rage?... " Wow. Someone was extremely angry at that kid. Two shotgun blast at close range is major overkill."
IMO it's very common in the heat of violence for people to be shot (or stabbed, or punched...) far more often than is 'necessary'. For eg, Ahmaud Arbery was shot 3 times with a shotgun.

IMO, it's not necessarily anger, it could also be fear, but also just adrenaline...

Paul was shot twice: in the chest and another shot went through his arm and head.

Here is his death certificate from post #17 in our Murdaugh media thread:
https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg
Thank you for answering me, I am very grateful. This case is very frustrating because of the info blackout.
So he was chased/trapped in the kennel and shot twice at close range with a shotgun? Horrible.
I go back and forth with who was the intended target that night. Now I think both of them were.
There is another special on 20/20 tonight about the case. How are they getting info about the crime when the public is denied?
It is very frustrating because so much time has passed. Jmo.

IMO it's very common in the heat of violence for people to be shot (or stabbed, or punched...) far more often than is 'necessary'. For eg, Ahmaud Arbery was shot 3 times with a shotgun.

IMO, it's not necessarily anger, it could also be fear, but also just adrenaline...
Thanks and you are right, of course. I suppose I have been told too many gruesome stories about the carnage shotguns leave behind to imagine someone being capable of inflicting such damage to another person. But of course people do that and worse. I can not imagine a father capable of shooting his son with two shotgun blast in close range, but most of us here would rather take a shotgun blast for our child instead of seeing any harm done to them.
The longer I live the more evil the world seems to have become.
AM is a diabolical monster.
Just my unimportant opinion.

I was just checking in here to see if this case was any closer to being solved and I see you're discussing how many shots from a shotgun. I don't know the details but I suppose it could still be just one. Buckshot scatters. One shot could strike an individual several times. For that matter one shot could strike several people.

Edited to say it would depend on the range and the choke.

I was just checking in here to see if this case was any closer to being solved and I see you're discussing how many shots from a shotgun. I don't know the details but I suppose it could still be just one. Buckshot scatters. One shot could strike an individual several times. For that matter one shot could strike several people.
Yes, you are right and I am surprised that none of the dogs were hurt, if they were in that small area with him. There was a rumor when this was first being reported on that a dog was hurt, but of course we don't know.

Yes, you are right and I am surprised that none of the dogs were hurt, if they were in that small area with him. There was a rumor when this was first being reported on that a dog was hurt, but of course we don't know.

Was he in the kennel? I haven't been following lately. If he was is it possible he was being held in there until the other arrived? Do all the racket making at one time and get out of there?
I sure hope they're able to get whoever's responsible.

Thank you for answering me, I am very grateful. This case is very frustrating because of the info blackout.
So he was chased/trapped in the kennel and shot twice at close range with a shotgun? Horrible.
I go back and forth with who was the intended target that night. Now I think both of them were.
There is another special on 20/20 tonight about the case. How are they getting info about the crime when the public is denied?
It is very frustrating because so much time has passed. Jmo.
I think both of them were as well, on account of two different weapons being used.

I imagine this 20/20 will be similar to the Dateline and 48 hours episodes; a summary of all the events surrounding the Murdaugh's, and no new information.

As for the events that night, we know they were found near the kennels, but I don't believe we've heard "in them."

We also don't know how they came to be there. They may have been ambushed, they may have been lured, or they may have been taken there for some bizarre reason.

This is simply how investigations go, especially when a state agency is running the show. From their behavior, I take their silence as an incredibly strong sign that they know who did this, and it's all about building a case.

I have no doubt they'll get there.

Hello everyone.
Please be kind.
This makes me wonder how AM recognised the victim as his child Paul when he found them.

One theory for the second shot is that it could have been a “mercy” shot if PM was still alive after the first shot but mortally wounded and in a substantial amount of pain.

On the flip side, it could have been a more callous “double tap” to ensure he wasn’t going to be a witness.

Unfortunately, we will never know for certain unless the killer(s) decide to tell the truth about what happened.

If I understood it at the time and recall correctly all the shooting was done outside the kennels and Paul was found "some yards" from Maggie.

I expect that Paul was struck once at some distance with a nonfatal shot and then was shot on the ground in the head, which he had his hand/arm held up in front of.

As far as two weapons being used there are a number of particular scenarios that might theoretically explain that but I think the most likely one is that there were two shooters - and Alex with Eddie seem like good candidates.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/13...ws-director-mandy-matney-families-of-victims/

"The Murdaugh Murders Saga will be the topic of a new two-hour episode of ABC’s “20/20” at 9 p.m. Friday ..."

"The program includes interviews with Renee Beach and Philip Beach, Mallory Beach‘s mother and father; Sandy Smith, the mother of Stephen Smith; Stephanie Smith, Stephen Smith’s twin sister; Ginger Hadwin, Eric Harriott, Jr. and Scott Harriott, siblings of Gloria Satterfield; and Brian Harriott and Michael “Tony” Satterfield, Gloria Satterfield’s sons."

Alex Murdaugh news: ABC to air 2 hour Murdaugh special Friday

"ABC's "20/20" is planning to air a two-hour, true-crime special on the ongoing Murdaugh crime saga in South Carolina that will include reporting from The Hampton County Guardian..."

"This episode of “20/20” documents the latest details in the developing story on the Murdaugh family murders, the alleged financial crimes of Alex Murdaugh and other events surrounding the family."

"The special will air at 9 p.m., Friday, Jan. 14 on ABC, then again the next day on Hulu."

If all his assets are being held in a receivership, wouldn't that include his banking accounts? Could that be why he can claim he doesn't have any money except maybe what was in his wallet at the time of his arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8