SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understood it at the time and recall correctly all the shooting was done outside the kennels and Paul was found "some yards" from Maggie.

I expect that Paul was struck once at some distance with a nonfatal shot and then was shot on the ground in the head, which he had his hand/arm held up in front of.

As far as two weapons being used there are a number of particular scenarios that might theoretically explain that but I think the most likely one is that there were two shooters - and Alex with Eddie seem like good candidates.
Both were killed at close range and the scene was likely staged, so where the bodies were found doesn’t necessarily correspond with where they were killed. MOO

According to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the crime scene, Paul Murdaugh and Maggie Murdaugh were both killed “execution-style” by a yet-to-be-identified assailant(s) using “multiple firearms.”

Murdaugh Murders: Victims Were Killed 'Execution-Style," Police Sources Say - FITSNews

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/08...re-killed-execution-style-police-sources-say/

“[Sources say] that a Murdaugh family member is a “person of interest,” and that R. Alexander Murdaugh – Paul’s dad and Maggie’s husband – is “a central focus of the probe.” The site noted that he has an alibi but quoted a source as saying there are “credible concerns” about when the shootings happened and said authorities are looking into “possible manipulation of the crime scene.”

Law Enforcement Sources: Alex Murdaugh ‘Person Of Interest’ In South Carolina Double Homicide Investigation

I didn't see this posted, but forgive me if it already was. It's a clip from the 20/20 episode, with Gloria's family being interviewed.

Video Family of Gloria Satterfield recall fatal accident at Murdaugh family home

(I'm struggling to keep up around here, due to poor Wifi, but help is on the way (next week)! :D)

ETA: Very interesting that her son claims Gloria was not ever able to tell him what actually happened that fateful day at the Murdaugh's.

Both were killed at close range and the scene was likely staged, so where the bodies were found doesn’t necessarily correspond with where they were killed. MOO

According to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the crime scene, Paul Murdaugh and Maggie Murdaugh were both killed “execution-style” by a yet-to-be-identified assailant(s) using “multiple firearms.”

Murdaugh Murders: Victims Were Killed 'Execution-Style," Police Sources Say - FITSNews

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/08...re-killed-execution-style-police-sources-say/

“[Sources say] that a Murdaugh family member is a “person of interest,” and that R. Alexander Murdaugh – Paul’s dad and Maggie’s husband – is “a central focus of the probe.” The site noted that he has an alibi but quoted a source as saying there are “credible concerns” about when the shootings happened and said authorities are looking into “possible manipulation of the crime scene.”

Law Enforcement Sources: Alex Murdaugh ‘Person Of Interest’ In South Carolina Double Homicide Investigation

“She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

Murdaugh mystery deepens as murder cold case with ties to family reopens

“She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

I hadn't heard it reported before that they believe Paul was shot first by the kennels and then she dragged down there. Is that new info??

Wow, I had forgotten that comment which, if true, implies that Paul was murdered first and she was made to go see the gore. Unimaginable.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/13...ws-director-mandy-matney-families-of-victims/

"The Murdaugh Murders Saga will be the topic of a new two-hour episode of ABC’s “20/20” at 9 p.m. Friday ..."

"The program includes interviews with Renee Beach and Philip Beach, Mallory Beach‘s mother and father; Sandy Smith, the mother of Stephen Smith; Stephanie Smith, Stephen Smith’s twin sister; Ginger Hadwin, Eric Harriott, Jr. and Scott Harriott, siblings of Gloria Satterfield; and Brian Harriott and Michael “Tony” Satterfield, Gloria Satterfield’s sons."

Zen great to “see” you again! Glad you are back!

So. Ive been following this discussion since the murders of PM and MM occurred. Something that has stood out to me throughout this case in AM’s 911 call. When AM calls he says “I need the police and ambulance immediately. Wife and child have been shot badly” seems he’s running and out of breath, and then he says “I’ve been up to it now and it’s bad”. My question is. How did he know they were shot “badly” before “ he got up to it”? Any thoughts? Maybe this has already been discussed?

I’ll also say this. It’s leaning more and more that this man had something to do with the death of his wife and son. AM the mastermind, CES the middleman and 1+ lowlives committed the murders. (CES can’t even look into the camera while talking) I’m beginning to think CES was the middleman that set up the hit through somebody in or an adjoining county for AM. AM and CES felt the heat and staged their disaster “throw off” attempt. (Backbreaker for them) Time will tell and I’m willing to bet this will be solved on or before the anniversary of the murders regardless of all the sideshows that have become of it. RIP to all victims in this case and I pray for restitution for all families involved in this terrible saga.

So. I've been following this discussion since the murders of PM and MM occurred. Something that has stood out to me throughout this case in AM’s 911 call. When AM calls he says “I need the police and ambulance immediately. Wife and child have been shot badly” seems he’s running and out of breath, and then he says “I’ve been up to it now and it’s bad”. My question is. How did he know they were shot “badly” before “ he got up to it”? Any thoughts? Maybe this has already been discussed?

Welcome to Websleuths, @Eagle2123 !

I’ll also say this. It’s leaning more and more that this man had something to do with the death of his wife and son. AM the mastermind, CES the middleman and 1+ lowlives committed the murders. (CES can’t even look into the camera while talking) I’m beginning to think CES was the middleman that set up the hit through somebody in or an adjoining county for AM. AM and CES felt the heat and staged their disaster “throw off” attempt. (Backbreaker for them) Time will tell and I’m willing to bet this will be solved on or before the anniversary of the murders regardless of all the sideshows that have become of it. RIP to all victims in this case and I pray for restitution for all families involved in this terrible saga.
Agreed. Alex is going to be the mastermind, and it comes down to if he was the trigger man (using two weapons to throw off investigators), or if he farmed it out.

I'm leaning towards the latter, like you. He'd want a solid alibi.

He’s too smart yet dumb. I grew up 50-75 miles from this family in Georgia. They are across the savannah river from me. He was same fraternity (ka) as me, my wife is a big alumni for KD. Maggie was a big contributor (stolen money obviously) . Nobody is more embarrassed than what this con man has done to these families. Its horrifying. But at the same time the guy needs the absolute worst.

Two great posts @Eagle2123. Welcome to WebSleuths and glad you’ve joined us on this case.

Last edited:
Well, I would say 20/20 was a nothing burger except for the opportunity to see the faces and hear the answers of AM’s brothers when interviewed. MOO.

MassMan predicted it well!
My local cable company hasn't carried ABC for quite a while, so I couldn't watch it this evening. I did see the last broadcast when they re-ran it on Discovery-ID.

Was it the same program, or did they have updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member