SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the tell against a lifelong opioid addiction is his physical appearance. He should have had a more emaciated appearance, his facial features should be more gaunt, his facial skin should have poorly healed sores and marks. Instead he is chubby, pink faced and healthy looking. MOO MOO MOO
And boils from Staph infection.

JMO

I know that the defense can ask for a change of venue due to the jury pool being contaminated by negative pretrial publicity etc. But is it common for the prosecution to ask for a change of venue because the jury pool is contaminated by the "good ole boys network" that has been in place for a hundred years there?

They have blood spray-back evidence on him, evidence of MM being asked to come to the Moselle property that night and I believe a strong question of motive if proven MM was seeking a divorce. I honestly think that might have set the whole thing in motion. I believe it's possible whomever MM went to, it got back to AM and he saw what a mess that would uncover if allowed to happen. Being separated, living apart but there being a chance of reconciliation is greatly different than hiring a divorce lawyer and setting things in motion (forensic accounting).

PM having the presence of AM and MM together that night on video at a certain time would seem to have sealed it. MM being found face down, shot from behind signals probable fleeing or at the very least dismissal/end of conversation/interaction she was having before her death.

Why do you think SLED doesn't arrest AM for the murders of PM and MM? With what we now know...I just don't understand it unless it's a what can you do for us with ALL this other corruption stuff?
AJMO
I think MM asking for a forensic audit of her finances after a charity check bounced triggered it all.

JMO

Seems to me TOD for MM and PM is being based solely on Alex's story that he saw them alive at 9pm and dead at 10pm just like my brothers TOD was based on his wife's account of when she last knew he was alive and when she woke to find him dead. Except in Alex's story we have two homicides and his own and others admission he was at the scene (Moselle) at the earliest TOD and the latest TOD.

I completely believe my SIL's story but Alex's story, absolutely not.

Anyone on here know how the coroner determines TOD?

JMO
RSBM

In this case, two obvious murders, I don't believe TOD would be based solely on AM's witness statement. I think they (not sure who 'they' would be, but a doctor, at any rate, not the coroner who is an elected lay person), would have collected medical data, particularly asap the temperature of the bodies, degree of rigor mortis, and other key physical markers, and sent this data with the bodies for autopsy.

I think, clearly, the bodies were very recently dead. Hence the potential time of 9:30. They clearly hadn't been dead very long. However, the 9 pm at the earliest cut off may have come from AM's statement.

At any rate, it doesn't prevent police from proposing an earlier time for the crime, if they disbelieve the witness. But not by much, they can't argue the bodies were there for hours.

JMO

Last edited:
They have blood spray-back evidence on him, evidence of MM being asked to come to the Moselle property that night and I believe a strong question of motive if proven MM was seeking a divorce. I honestly think that might have set the whole thing in motion. I believe it's possible whomever MM went to, it got back to AM and he saw what a mess that would uncover if allowed to happen. Being separated, living apart but there being a chance of reconciliation is greatly different than hiring a divorce lawyer and setting things in motion (forensic accounting).

PM having the presence of AM and MM together that night on video at a certain time would seem to have sealed it. MM being found face down, shot from behind signals probable fleeing or at the very least dismissal/end of conversation/interaction she was having before her death.

Why do you think SLED doesn't arrest AM for the murders of PM and MM? With what we now know...I just don't understand it unless it's a what can you do for us with ALL this other corruption stuff?
AJMO

This is probably not the answer you want, but I think the simple answer is:

1. There are statute of limitations on financial and other crimes.
2. There is no statute of limitations on murder.
3. The motive is very likely financial, and there is a lot, and I mean a lot, to untangle there!
4. AM is already in jail and likely to be there for a while.

RSBM

In this case, two obvious murders, I don't believe TOD would be based solely on AM's witness statement. I think they (not sure who 'they' would be, but a doctor, at any rate, not the coroner who is an elected lay person), would have collected medical data, particularly asap the temperature of the bodies, degree of rigor mortis, and other key physical markers, and sent this data with the bodies for autopsy.

I think, clearly, the bodies were very recently dead. Hence the potential time of 9:30. They clearly hadn't been dead very long. However, the 9 pm at the earliest cut off may have come from AM's statement.

At any rate, it doesn't prevent police from proposing an earlier time for the crime, if they disbelieve the witness. But not by much, they can't argue the bodies were there for hours.

JMO
Earlier in the thread there were also discussions about MM talking to the vet about an injured dog they were boarding at Moselle and I think Paul talking to the dog’s owner. There might also be a time stamp on Paul’s phone video of Maggie & Alec talking. The alleged calls and video might be considered the last known live moments for PM and MM. MOO.

Once you are arrested and charged for a crime, a clock starts ticking for a Constitutional speedy trial.
Even if the defense waives that right, there are still limits on how long to get to trial.
Relax, Remember the Rhoden Murders? The cops and the Prosecution were patient and gathered their evidence and 2 of the 4 defendants have plead to guilty charges. I think they have the goods on Alex, but they know that he is the key to even bigger fish. I hope they watch him closer than they did Epstein.
Bigger fish than Alex? That's got me wondering. Bc he's a pretty big fish.

Agree on watching him closely!

I think any bigger fish would be those with higher positions of power, who have obviously committed lesser crimes (murder).

I fully expect a lot of people will go down for financial related stuff.

Just thinking here. I've believed that Alex had help, as two guns usually means two shooters (despite the fact we know he's not averse to staging crimes).

But I've also believed that if he did have help, it was with Cousin Eddie.

Fits is reporting that an indictment is imminent. If true, I can't imagine they'd just allow Eddie to walk out of jail, only to arrest him days later. Even if he struck some sort of deal, I just don't think any murder plea would be sweet enough that he wouldn't be a risk.

That would be dangerous.

So maybe Alex did to this himself after all?

Even with that logic, I can't still help but feel this is still 50/50 in that regard.

Just thinking here. I've believed that Alex had help, as two guns usually means two shooters (despite the fact we know he's not averse to staging crimes).

But I've also believed that if he did have help, it was with Cousin Eddie.

Fits is reporting that an indictment is imminent. If true, I can't imagine they'd just allow Eddie to walk out of jail, only to arrest him days later. Even if he struck some sort of deal, I just don't think any murder plea would be sweet enough that he wouldn't be a risk.

That would be dangerous.

So maybe Alex did to this himself after all?

Even with that logic, I can't still help but feel this is still 50/50 in that regard.

I don’t think they suspect Smith since they just let him go. If they suspected AM from the start they had a funny way of keeping an eye on him as he turned up months later in an incident involving a gun.

If the killer isn’t in jail or dead then the person(s) would have to be free. This notion that they “knew” it was AM doesn’t make sense given that he remained free.
It takes time to investigate to successfully prosecute though. Maybe it was AM's 911 call that immediately made LE think the murders were targeted by someone close to the victims? I found this pdf with some interesting info about what can be told by what and how a 911 caller acts.

Well they got a banker or two already identified, lawyers too. Now they need some judges, some state politicians and maybe a couple of US Congress people? You just never know where the money trail will go. AJMO

His suicide/murder thing on the road. It just doesn’t seem like they had murder suspect type surveillance on him when he pulled that stunt.
They obviously didn't, but that doesn't surprise me either. This wasn't the type of case that ever going to result in a quick arrest, and they wouldn't have had surveillance on him unless they were close.

A tracking device maybe, but it doesn't sound like it.

Good article about geofencing, but this obviously caught my eye:

Indictments are expected any day related to the Moselle double homicide. And based on this new outlet’s extensive, exclusive reporting, it seems abundantly clear those indictments are going to land on the head of Alex Murdaugh – who is currently incarcerated at the Alvin S. Glenn detention center.

Is CS talking?

Jmo

How Is Time of Death Determined for a Crime-Scene Victim? Hint: It Usually Involves Bugs

For that formula to work best, a freshly discovered body’s temperature is taken rectally. For the first several hours after one’s heart has stopped beating, the body’s core temperature drops towards ambient temperature (i.e. room temperature, if indoors). The formula approximates that the body loses 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit per hour, so the rectal temperature is subtracted from the normal body temperature of 98 degrees. The difference between the two is divided by 1.5, and that final number is used to approximate the time since death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55