SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those familiar with fire arms:
It was reported by Liz Farrell in Fitnews (June 6, 2022) that Paul was killed with 2 shots, “once with bird shot and again with buck shot.”

How long does it take to reload a shotgun with different ammunition?

If the bodies were found close together would it be possible for one person to shoot both of them using two different guns and reloading the shotgun?
Shotgun presumably a double barrel. Apparently some folks who keep a loaded shotgun around will use buck shot in one barrel and bird shot In the other.

I believe AM killed both MM and PM (possibly with help from CS) and it was all about money. I think he was in dire straits financially and he had an expensive drug problem. Killing MM would allow him to inherit the house (worth millions) which he could sell and killing PM would get his family out of the pending MB lawsuit financially. Perhaps he even got word the attorneys for MB were digging and started finding stuff (Satterfield, Smith, financial wrong doings), etc. and he knew the house of cards was about to crumble all around him.

The botched “unalive” incident was all staged to make it seem like a killer was on the loose to divert the LE focus on him.

I’ve seen some conversations from this site that talk about how AM seems pretty upbeat in jail/prison considering the severity of the charges he’s facing, but you know what, I bet he is happier, he no longer has to hide everything, all that pressure and weight has been lifted off him. He will of course deny most everything, maybe fess up to a few mild financial wrong doings to make it seem like he’s an honest and reasonable guy to the jury but I hope the jury sees what I/we see and the monster he truly is. Crazy how one person can destroy so many families.

One last thing..who leaves to visit their parents at 9:00pm?? Especially elderly parents with massive health issues. AM (with or without CS) had to wait until it was dark to kill them (probably ambush style) because it’s probably easier to kill your loved ones when you can’t see their face clearly and that’s why he left at 9:00pm. He (maybe CS too) killed them and then left to secure his alibi. If CS was involved in these killings, he’s eventually going to sing like a canary. I’d put money on it…lots of money. JMO

SC Supreme Court Formally Disbars Alex Murdaugh Ahead Of Expected Murder Indictment

In disbarring Murdaugh, the court decided — in light of Murdaugh’s repeated admissions to stealing from the family of Gloria Satterfield — to forgo its investigation, cutting short what can be a six-year ordeal.

“Indeed, we take this step today based on our ability to conclude from the public record that Respondent’s untruthfulness and misconduct resulted in significant harm to clients and demands his removal from the practice of law.”

However, the court noted, the Office of Disciplinary Counsel is continuing its investigation into the claims against Murdaugh.

"We have been in communication all along and they (SLED) told us they would let us know if any charges were coming against anyone," said John Marvin Murdaugh. "From day one all we have wanted is the truth. We seek justice and we want the truth."

SLED did not discuss any details on when the charges would be announced or disclose any evidence during the conversation, John Marvin Murdaugh said.

Jim Griffin, an attorney for Alex Murdaugh, sent the following statement to The Guardian Tuesday afternoon:

"We have not been advised by anyone associated with law enforcement or the Attorney General's office that Alex will be charged with murder. I am aware that SLED advised the family that they intend to seek murder indictments against him from a grand jury later this week. We won't have any comment until charges are actually brought against Alex."

Under South Carolina’s Crime Victims’ Constitutional Rights, the family was notified ahead of the grand jury to seek the indictment.

Griffin says as soon as the indictments come out, they plan to seek a bond hearing to have the facts on the record of the evidence against their client. In the meantime, Griffin says no statements will be released from them until charges are actually brought against Murdaugh.

Shotgun presumably a double barrel. Apparently some folks who keep a loaded shotgun around will use buck shot in one barrel and bird shot In the other.
I can almost guarantee you that it was not. I hunted with a lot of folks down there and nearly everyone used a semi-auto. I used a pump and I was the odd man out. Doubles are used for sporting clays and quail, and guns for the latter are usually smaller-gauge (20 or 28).

Edited to add: Alex is shown in photos holding a semi-auto.

Cell-Tower.jpeg

Once he is charged it will be interesting to see who in the family takes his side.
I (imo) am not convinced he wanted CS to kill him. He didn’t need to die for BM to get by, BM would probably have inherited AM portion of the Murdaugh trust.

Jmo

Once he is charged it will be interesting to see who in the family takes his side.
I (imo) am not convinced he wanted CS to kill him. He didn’t need to die for BM to get by, BM would probably have inherited AM portion of the Murdaugh trust.

Jmo

I wonder why he would go to that length to be sure Buster would get the benifit of his life insurance. Why not tell the kid to get a job and work his way up. MOO MOO MOO

I can almost guarantee you that it was not. I hunted with a lot of folks down there and nearly everyone used a semi-auto. I used a pump and I was the odd man out. Doubles are used for sporting clays and quail, and guns for the latter are usually smaller-gauge (20 or 28).

Edited to add: Alex is shown in photos holding a semi-auto.

Cell-Tower.jpeg
Thank you, @Oakie! My shooting is limited to sporting clays and I actually never paid that much attention to what my former husband used to hunt water fowl.

The important point is that depending on the shot gun model, they can be loaded with both bird and buck shot at the same time.

Thanks for clarifying this for us though. Good to have more experienced weigh in.

According to our sources, investigators with the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) are scheduled to present evidence to a grand jury which implicates Murdaugh in the June 7, 2021 murders of 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh and 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh at the family’s Colleton County hunting property, known locally as Moselle.

That evidence will be presented to grand jurors this Thursday (July 14, 2022), these sources say.

Wow!!!

Jmo
Doubt there will be many more jail calls between father and son. I always felt in what we heard there was a reluctance in the tone of the son’s voice — like he was only tolerating the interaction.

While I don’t see him as a person who lives on the moral high ground, I can’t imagine the pain and loneliness that would come to a young man in learning his father “might” have killed his mother and only sibling. I do give JMM credit for trying to provide a home base and family for BM.

Agree that who continues to feed his canteen fund, interact, converse on the phone, etc., will be interesting.

What kind of video coverage, if any, can we expect with the indictment? I know grand jury proceedings are in secret, but will Alex be present?

Guess I want to know if we will get to see the expressions on AM’s face and/or his state senator-attorney.

Wouldn't you like to have been a fly on the wall when they told AM this indictment was coming?

Doubt there will be many more jail calls between father and son. I always felt in what we heard there was a reluctance in the tone of the son’s voice — like he was only tolerating the interaction.

While I don’t see him as a person who lives on the moral high ground, I can’t imagine the pain and loneliness that would come to a young man in learning his father “might” have killed his mother and only sibling. I do give JMM credit for trying to provide a home base and family for BM.

Agree that who continues to feed his canteen fund, interact, converse on the phone, etc., will be interesting.

I do feel sorry that he has lost his Mom & brother, I’ll wait to see how he responds to the indictment/trial that his father is the one that is being accused of murdering them before I feel sorry for him.

If that makes sense.

Jmo

I tend to think AM had no accomplice with him the night of the murder. No matter the real motive, it’s a very personal crime.
That said, I’m wondering whether there will be charges brought also against the solicitor Stone and some in his office for interfering with an investigation or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back