SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's AM's continuing influence that scares me most. The swath of death and destruction in his wake worry me about the same, in his path. Akin to the influence of gang/drug kingpins behind bars. Not thwarted, just a new home bsse/office. As long as AM has people giving him access to funds, he'll hold sway from prison. Not a stretch to envision him buying the cooperation of a prisoner set for release or associates on the outside of criminals on the inside to do his bidding. Who then is safe? By his own actions, it appears that AM views other people as pawns to further his needs. Such gross entitlement.

JMO

I’ve followed tons of murder cases but I still can’t believe a man could murder his own child in cold blood.
I can think of about 50 right off hand, including one who killed 5 of her children and one who, along with her lover recently was convicted for killing her son and daughter. The one that was heartbreaking was Diane Downs.

JMO

I can think of about 50 right off hand, including one who killed 5 of her children and one who, along with her lover recently was convicted for killing her son and daughter. The one that was heartbreaking was Diane Downs.

JMO
Christopher Watts comes to mind, too. What a nightmare. I still can't bear to read anything about that horrible crime.

There's an old saying that a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich if the case is presented. The prosecution at this point have considerable evidence to go forward; the presentation to grand jury on Thursday is pro forma. Very occasionally a grand jury will not act in expectation of prosecution plans but this will not happen here. There will be an indictment.
Then there are rare cases like Jon Benet Ramsey where the Grand Jury voted to indict John and Patsy and the Boulder prosecutor kept that info to himself choosing to indict neither. Since GJ procedings are secret word didn’t get out for years, until someome felt compelled to leak the info.

If ever that were to happen again It seems it would be in this case.

I’ve followed tons of murder cases but I still can’t believe a man could murder his own child in cold blood.
I thought most people believed that the son's killing was not planned -- that it was a spur of the moment thing when the son came upon the scene. Not that this version would be ok -- just not "cold blooded" per se. JMO.

It's AM's continuing influence that scares me most. The swath of death and destruction in his wake worry me about the same, in his path. Akin to the influence of gang/drug kingpins behind bars. Not thwarted, just a new home bsse/office. As long as AM has people giving him access to funds, he'll hold sway from prison. Not a stretch to envision him buying the cooperation of a prisoner set for release or associates on the outside of criminals on the inside to do his bidding. Who then is safe? By his own actions, it appears that AM views other people as pawns to further his needs. Such gross entitlement.

JMO
Agree. Unless the net capturing associates engaged in illegal activity is gigantic, no doubt there will be some folks who escape the dragnet. Folks AM could threaten to squeal on unless they do his bidding.

JMO
Time will tell how much influence AM does have or will continue to have from prison. I'm wondering with the many years this area was controlled, run by or influenced by the decades and generations of this entire family can it be turned around?

I'm wondering if it has been business as usual for so long that some don't know how to do it any other way, like it's a habit. Have all of the accomplices, cronies, wannabes surfaced? Or is there more who are still under the radar and hope they can stay there? I hope they can rid the area of this kind of corruption for good.

I also don't believe AM was a drug addict and the money went to his habit. I can't believe the amount of money that has been stolen/embezzled and/or profits from a drug operation that is being talked about. What did he do with all of the money?? AM and MM lived comfortably but not lavishly. The Moselle property, aside from the amount of land included is not that lavish nor is the beach house. When I first heard of the boat accident, I thought the boat had to be huge, it's not. Am I the only one thinking this? My point is that they did not have anything that those in their circle probably didn't have, so where else did the money go?? All just MHO

Maybe one of the reasons that it is taking the state so long to bring Alex to trial, is because they're also trying to figure out where the money went. And at this point, I think that's the most intriguing question left unanswered in this whole sordid saga.

Edit: I keep thinking we aren't paying enough attention to Barrett Boulware.

I'd also like to add, that those of you who haven't yet read Sally Denton's Bluegrass Conspiracy, ought to do so. The longer the Murdaugh affair drags on, the more parallels I see. And in that conspiracy.....local, state, and Federal law enforcement officers and politicians were deeply involved, and (those of us who live here suspect), the CIA, too (via Dan Lasseter), which is why the investigation was derailed to some degree. I think the investigating officials in SC are walking along a razor edge, trying not to fall on either side.

Time will tell how much influence AM does have or will continue to have from prison. I'm wondering with the many years this area was controlled, run by or influenced by the decades and generations of this entire family can it be turned around?

I'm wondering if it has been business as usual for so long that some don't know how to do it any other way, like it's a habit. Have all of the accomplices, cronies, wannabes surfaced? Or is there more who are still under the radar and hope they can stay there? I hope they can rid the area of this kind of corruption for good.

I also don't believe AM was a drug addict and the money went to his habit. I can't believe the amount of money that has been stolen/embezzled and/or profits from a drug operation that is being talked about. What did he do with all of the money?? AM and MM lived comfortably but not lavishly. The Moselle property, aside from the amount of land included is not that lavish nor is the beach house. When I first heard of the boat accident, I thought the boat had to be huge, it's not. Am I the only one thinking this? My point is that they did not have anything that those in their circle probably didn't have, so where else did the money go?? All just MHO
And the boat was an older used model. I too thought it would be at least a cabin cruiser with living quarters. Instead it looked like it MAY have sold here for 2000.00 for a very small lake fishing boat, not even a bass boat.

JMO

Maybe one of the reasons that it is taking the state so long to bring Alex to trial, is because they're also trying to figure out where the money went. And at this point, I think that's the most intriguing question left unanswered in this whole sordid saga.

Edit: I keep thinking we aren't paying enough attention to Barrett Boulware.
dbm

Could it be that the DA has some blockbuster evidence to be presented tomorrow (Thursday, July 14), that they feel will result in overwhelmingly convincing info to indict? If so, would the indictment be immediate and would it (the evidence) be made public asap? I’m so curious about this Thursday’s evidence being presented to the GJ. It must be slam-dunk-type info. IYKWIM.

BBM

He would be without influence or ability to intimidate

But his family would still be able to help him out with a little influence and intimidation and who knows what else like a cushy country club type prison. JMO he needs the DP. You have 2 people and possibly 2 other people we know of and no telling how many we don't know about. DP.

JMO
I've heard SC prisons are no picnic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members