SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be enlightening:

TOMORROW: For the first time, y’all will hear jailhouse calls between Alex Murdaugh and his family members.

Episode 33 of the Murdaugh Murders Podcast drops tomorrow morning

https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1496297481243709441?s=21
Boy, were these calls interesting. Looking forward to more as they are released. They give us insight as well as bringing up more questions to ponder.

I still can’t get over AM feeling so free to chat on all these topics when he knows he is being recorded.

If anything, these tapes make the listener more empathetic to Buster and Alex’s siblings, who care about this person as a family member but are tired of his narcissistic manipulation. From Buster asking his dad to behave himself in jail to John Marvin imploring Alex to admit to all of his wrongdoings, it’s just a really sad situation.

These could have been denied under multiple exemptions. I'm beyond surprised. I don't think the judge nor prosecutors would want this either. I could see this creating multiple issues

Good theory. Is it also possible that Richland County released the jail calls without checking with SLED?

They have their own county ombudsman for FOIA requests (whose inbox was probably slammed today). Richland County > Government > Departments > Public Information Office > FAQ.

Sure, it's possible but given the level of public (national) interest in this case (and agencies), it would seem odd to just do whatever. It's not like these requests are approved and auto-generated without any form of vetting. Someone approved these and I personally see it as far more of a problem for the prosecution given the wide range of charges and allegations. Maybe I'm just missing something or simply wrong.

Last edited:
Listening to those tapes really gives us an idea at what a manipulating, self-serving, delusional narc Alex is.

I don't believe he has one ounce of remorse for the disgraceful things he's done, except for being caught.

PM and MM became disposable.

MOO

And they’re going to apply that too?” Alex asked.

“Correct,” Buster said, adding that it would be done by lunch on October 25.

“That makes me feel better,” Alex told Buster. “So it’ll be 350? How much has been put on it so far?”

“Um Dad, I don’t have an exact figure, you know a couple 10s of 1000s,” Buster said. “Maybe, you know, just selling pieces of equipment.”

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/23...m-alex-murdaughs-jailhouse-calls-with-buster/

…..

Another conversation leads to this being the subject.

….

From the conversation, it seems like Alex has paid Butch Bowers $60,000 to do something in connection with Buster’s readmittance to law school, but it’s not clear what.

Alex encourages Buster to write an email to Dean William Hubbard, a former colleague of Bowers at the politically powerful Nelson Mullins Riley Scarborough law firm.

Nelson Mullins is connected indeed! Our retail chain was going to be closed for business at the onset of Covid. We contacted them, and we had paperwork keeping us open as an "essential business" from the state dept. of commerce in the blink of an eye.

Is Marvin John's middle name, or surname? AM didn't seem to understand how much trouble he was in during these calls, and how much attention other people were getting as a result of the revelations about him. I felt sorry for Buster, it really seemed like he had had enough.

‘Everybody’s Implicated’: What We Learned From Alex Murdaugh’s Phone Calls To His Brothers

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/24...m-alex-murdaughs-phone-calls-to-his-brothers/

On the same phone call with Randy Murdaugh, who is an attorney at Parker Law Group/ PMPED, Alex discusses a strategy his lawyers are using to help get him out of jail.

“Dick (Harpootlian) came to see me yesterday and told me that they filed a … you know I’ve heard of this too but I didn’t know what it is … do you know what a writ of habeas corpus is?” Alex Murdaugh asked Randy.

“I know it’s something directly to the Supreme Court, but other than that, no idea man,” Randy said.

♀️

Is Marvin John's middle name, or surname? AM didn't seem to understand how much trouble he was in during these calls, and how much attention other people were getting as a result of the revelations about him. I felt sorry for Buster, it really seemed like he had had enough.
The youngest Murdaugh sibling is named John Marvin Murdaugh (JMM), “John” for short.

Amended lawsuit claims Murdaugh's 'knew about son Paul's underage drinking before fatal boat crash' | Daily Mail Online

Disgraced South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh and his deceased wife Maggie 'knew about their son Paul's underage drinking before a fatal boat crash and did nothing about it,' the victim's mother claimed in an amended lawsuit.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday by the parents of Mallory Beach, who was killed aboard a boat helmed by Paul Murdaugh in 2019, depicts his parents as willful contributors to their son's underage drinking.

'Paul Murdaugh's consumption of alcohol was condoned, encouraged and facilitated by Richard Alexander Murdaugh and Margaret Kennedy Branstetter Murdaugh,' the lawsuit said.

<snip>

The suit claims that a drunk Paul Murdaugh, who was only 19 years old at the time of the fatal crash, had spoken with his mother on the phone around two hours prior to the crash, and that she 'failed to stop' him from driving the boat despite being him being clearly intoxicated.

The amended complaint, filed by Allendale attorney Mark Tinsley, accuses the mother and son of negligence. The boat smashed into Archer's Creek Bridge in Beaufort County in February 2019, killing Beach and injuring five others aboard.

Murdaugh is a lawyer and does not know what a "writ of habeas corpus" is?
University of South Carolina Law School must be very proud of him.

Seriously, it makes me wonder if the elder Murdaugh men had a deal with the dean of the college, similar to Buster's (allegedly).

How is it even possible neither of those lawyers know what that means?! I know what that means ! o_O

My opinion only.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/23...VIl18AxA2OifrLYJlrgpTxSQ-veXmBvAk2bBH0GXocZqc

Buster and Alex have a disturbing conversation about law school
In the phone calls, it is evident that Alex is determined to get Buster back into law school.

According to multiple sources close to the situation, Buster was asked to leave The University Of South Carolina School of Law after a cheating scandal in 2019.

During several phone calls, Alex asks Buster about his law school

“Did you hear back from the dean?” Alex asked Buster on November 30.

“And, if I don’t hear from him, I might get Butch to see if he can call him and say that I’ve been trying to get in touch with him,” Buster said.

According to our sources, Buster is referring to Butch Bowers here — a high-profile attorney who temporarily represented Donald Trump last year.

“Is Butch paid all the money he was owed?” Buster asked Alex.

<snip>

From the conversation, it seems like Alex has paid Butch Bowers $60,000 to do something in connection with Buster’s readmittance to law school, but it’s not clear what.

Alex encourages Buster to write an email to Dean William Hubbard, a former colleague of Bowers at the politically powerful Nelson Mullins Riley Scarborough law firm.

SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member