SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
filed-superseding-indictment-2021-gs-47-30-beaufort-march-2022-cory-fleming-02924931xd2c78.pdf (scag.gov)

https://twitter.com/Kacen
FODOMRCXwAA7XZK

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/17...alleged-murdaugh-co-conspirator-cory-fleming/

Judge Alison Lee, who presides over the state grand jury, set bond Thursday morning at $100,000 surety bond — with the ability to pay 10 percent — for the first alleged co-conspirator to be indicted in Alex Murdaugh’s financial schemes.

A look at the Fleming-Murdaugh connection by FITSnews has revealed that the Satterfield case is one of many that Fleming is suspected of having been chosen to represent Murdaugh’s interests rather than those of his clients.

upload_2022-3-17_13-44-46.jpeg Fleming booking photo.

Law & Crime, 17 March 2022 | Our First Look at Alex Murdaugh's Attorney Friend in Custody as Judge Issues $100K Bond in Sprawling S.C. Money Laundering Case

…. Fleming is charged with conspiracy, three counts of making false statements and representations in connection with an insurance transaction, seven counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent (in varying dollar amounts), six counts of money laundering (again, in varying dollar amounts), and a computer crime, the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office announced on Wednesday.

<snipped>

In Thursday morning’s bond hearing, FITSnews reports that prosecutor Creighton Waters told judge Alison Lee that Fleming was also facing money issues around the time his alleged crimes occurred.

Deborah Barbier, Fleming’s attorney, told Judge Lee that Fleming had “led an exemplary life” and suggested her client was innocent, FITSnews continued. She also characterized her client as a person of “limited means” but who nonetheless had made restitution in the matter, FITSnews said.

Waters retorted that Fleming had “not cooperated with law enforcement” — to use the language of the FITSnews recap — and that Fleming only made himself good for his debts “after everything came to light and the writing was on the wall” — to use Waters’ language to the judge. …

Last edited:
Judge sets bond for longtime Murdaugh friend Cory Fleming | WRDC.com, 17 March 2020

Fleming, a longtime friend of Alex Murdaugh, was indicted on 18 charges in connection with the settlement in the death of Murdaugh’s housekeeper Gloria Satterfield.

Judge Alison Lee set Fleming’s bond as a $100,000 surety bond with a 10% cash option. He was being held in the Alvin S. Glenn Correctional Center as of Thursday morning.

Fleming’s attorney, Deborah Barbier, asked Judge Lee for a personal recognizance bond stating Fleming has been suspended from the practice of law and citing his marriage to a public defender.

Lee said the allegations were serious and the bond was appropriate noting she didn’t see Fleming as a flight risk.

As a condition of the bond, Fleming had to surrender his passport and agree not to leave the state. …

Judge sets bond for longtime Murdaugh friend Cory Fleming | WRDC.com, 17 March 2020

As a condition of the bond, Fleming had to surrender his passport and agree not to leave the state.
RSBBM
Like Alex was not supposed to leave the state? And then he ended up in rehab in Florida? :rolleyes:
These criminals do not think any rules apply to them. I cannot believe this guy was let out on bond, but I generally think that of all criminals.

And the idea that because he is married to a public defender he is less of a flight risk is ridiculous. WTH?o_O

There has been a lot of discussion that AM and RM couldn't possibly be capable lawyers if they didn't know what a writ of habeas corpus is. Lawyers who don't have the occasion in their practice to file certain types of writs or motions usually have long forgotten being taught what they were in law school. PI law does not take the sort of heavyweight intellect required of IP or patent law. The vast majority of lawyers will never have filed a w of hc in their career. I am much more troubled by the bank employee who professed ignorance of the term "fiduciary"; as for him being a VP, in banks there are VP's galore. One final unsolicited opinion concerns the judge's behavior: the practice of law in smaller towns finds lawyers in front of the same judges day after day. There's a certain baseline belief, false in this situation, that the lawyer in front of you is not attempting to commit fraud. I've never practiced in a small town setting but my ex-husband did and it was somewhat astounding to me what took place.
This is truly the case that just keeps on giving; they're like characters in a Southern Gothic novel. Like Covid, there's a certain amount of fatigue setting in but each twist is so unusual that I stay riveted. I try to remind myself of the the very real victims of the hubris of the Murdaugh family.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/18...cludes-texts-and-a-letter-from-alex-murdaugh/

The Satterfield family was told that Gloria had tripped on the steps at the Murdaughs’ Moselle property on February 2, 2018. They were told the Murdaughs’ dogs caused her to trip – leading to a fall that resulted in her sustaining a traumatic brain injury.

However, Fleming’s attorney said in the letter that Murdaugh told him “a dog had jumped on Ms. Satterfield causing her to fall off the porch steps at Mr. Murdaugh’s house and hit her head.”

This is slightly different from the version of the story that we’ve heard so far, which is relevant because Satterfield’s death is still a mystery and is now being investigated by SLED due to inconsistencies discovered by the Hampton County coroner last fall.

In another odd defense, Fleming claims he was having “disagreements” with his law partners at Moss, Kuhn & Fleming and that is why he misappropriated more than $26,000 from the law firm’s trust that he claimed was supposed to go to an expert witness for the Satterfield case. According to the indictments, Fleming spent this money on video game entertainment and used it to pay for his large credit card debt.

Pendarvis showed a text message from Alex Murdaugh to Cory Fleming sent on Sept. 28, 2021, while Alex was supposed to be in rehab for his alleged opioid addiction.

“You are the last person I would want to hurt and I know I did,” he said. “I’m still not sure how I let all of this happen.”

Alex Murdaugh said he “just wanted to say hello” to his pal Cory.

“I hope I get to see you or talk to you soon,” Murdaugh wrote.

At the end of the letter, he said he missed Maggie and Paul but has never been more proud of Buster. Later, Alex requests a favor of Cory to check on Buster if he has the time and desire to do so.

i don't see any difference in the two versions of the GS fall mentioned in the article directly above. Am i missing the obvious?
What I am remembering we have heard over and over is that GS “tripped over the dogs” or a dog, (JMO) like it might have been sleeping at the top of the staircase or on one of the stairs and she fell over it.

What I understand from CF’s side is that AM told CF one of the dogs jumped up on GS and that caused her to loose her balance and fall. (MOO).

IMOO, these are two different scenarios, as is describing the accident as she “tripped over the dogs” when it seems more likely it would have only been one dog, if that’s what happened at all.

Last edited:
Next Domino to fall ?

Ex-Hampton bank CEO says he’s been cooperating with police in Alex Murdaugh investigation

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article257786618.html

Laffitte and Palmetto State Bank have come into the spotlight in the past few weeks, particularly with the indictments. Laffitte, who was not named in the indictments, had been inexplicably appointed conservator and personal representative for some victims.

Those roles, which typically fall to a responsible family member, meant he was responsible for overseeing the settlement money they earned.

Laffitte collected fees from the accounts of those victims, including that of a deaf Hampton man, Hakeem Pinckney, who was rendered quadriplegic from a 2009 car crash, according to attorney Justin Bamberg. He is representing the Pinckney family.

Murdaugh Jailhouse Calls Case: Jail Director Says Judge Shouldn’t Recuse Herself

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/14...-director-says-judge-shouldnt-recuse-herself/

In Monday’s response, attorney Andrew F. Linsemann who is representing D. Shane Kitchens, the interim director of Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center— argued that it is unnecessary for Childs to recuse herself in the case. He said Childs has a “well-recognized reputation as a highly ethical and fair jurist.”

“D. Shane Kitchens does not believe there is any basis for recusal of Judge Childs and declines the Court’s invitation to file a motion for recusal,” Linsemann wrote in the response.

Particularly, Linsemann suggested that the law clerk mentioned in Childs’ motion could step away from the case, but “additional factual information would be needed to properly address the disqualification issue as to the law clerk.”

Can someone briefly explain why the Director of the Detention Center’s opinion would matter, let alone be solicited?

Can someone briefly explain why the Director of the Detention Center’s opinion would matter, let alone be solicited?
Kitchens is the defendent in the lawsuit that the judge will preside over.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article259415439.html

"Tapes of some of Murdaugh’s phone calls were obtained and aired in February by news site FitsNews and podcast Murdaugh Murders after they made a Freedom of Information request to the jail.
Murdaugh lawyer Griffin said last week in an interview, ”The reason we filed the lawsuit is to prevent any further disclosure of his intercepted telephone conversations to the public'"

Next Domino to fall ?

Ex-Hampton bank CEO says he’s been cooperating with police in Alex Murdaugh investigation

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article257786618.html

Laffitte and Palmetto State Bank have come into the spotlight in the past few weeks, particularly with the indictments. Laffitte, who was not named in the indictments, had been inexplicably appointed conservator and personal representative for some victims.

Those roles, which typically fall to a responsible family member, meant he was responsible for overseeing the settlement money they earned.

Laffitte collected fees from the accounts of those victims, including that of a deaf Hampton man, Hakeem Pinckney, who was rendered quadriplegic from a 2009 car crash, according to attorney Justin Bamberg. He is representing the Pinckney family.

“If you or anyone in your family have been injured by Alex Murdaugh call us to represent your case. We are on your side”

South Carolina Police Chief Got ‘Loan’ From Alex Murdaugh One Month After Double Homicide

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/24...lex-murdaugh-one-month-after-double-homicide/

Just over a month after his wife and son were murdered, disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh – the man at the center of the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga – wrote a $5,000 check to a local law enforcement officer who has acknowledged his extensive ties to the powerful Lowcountry family.

Reached Wednesday evening, Alexander – who is currently running for sheriff of Hampton County – confirmed receiving the $5,000 check from Murdaugh. According to the chief, the money was intended as a loan for his parents. Asked whether the money had been repaid, Alexander said he was unsure and would need to check with his father.

“So you were just a pass-through for the money?” I asked him.

“That is correct,” Alexander responded.

Multiple sources have told FITSNews that Murdaugh and Alexander were close. It has even been suggested by several Hampton locals that Alexander may have been “on scene” in the immediate aftermath of the Moselle homicide – even though his jurisdiction does not cover the Islandton, S.C. address.

What would he have been doing there? Like so many other pieces of this puzzle, it is unclear.

Eta

Who asked someone who’s wife & son had been murdered weeks prior if they can borrow 5 thousand dollars.?

South Carolina Police Chief Got ‘Loan’ From Alex Murdaugh One Month After Double Homicide

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/24...lex-murdaugh-one-month-after-double-homicide/

Just over a month after his wife and son were murdered, disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh – the man at the center of the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga – wrote a $5,000 check to a local law enforcement officer who has acknowledged his extensive ties to the powerful Lowcountry family.

Reached Wednesday evening, Alexander – who is currently running for sheriff of Hampton County – confirmed receiving the $5,000 check from Murdaugh. According to the chief, the money was intended as a loan for his parents. Asked whether the money had been repaid, Alexander said he was unsure and would need to check with his father.

“So you were just a pass-through for the money?” I asked him.

“That is correct,” Alexander responded.

Multiple sources have told FITSNews that Murdaugh and Alexander were close. It has even been suggested by several Hampton locals that Alexander may have been “on scene” in the immediate aftermath of the Moselle homicide – even though his jurisdiction does not cover the Islandton, S.C. address.

What would he have been doing there? Like so many other pieces of this puzzle, it is unclear.

Eta

Who asked someone who’s wife & son had been murdered weeks prior if they can borrow 5 thousand dollars.?
^^^THIS

It's crazy and just another example of the entire criminal network operating in that area. To think of all corruption and the path of innocent victims in the wake of it all is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member