SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Cousin Eddie involved in the murders? No, otherwise he would be locked up.
I think Cousin Eddie was summoned by Alex to bat "Clean-up" at the murder scene. He might have only been tasked with disposal of the guns, or maybe more. His testimony on what his actions were and what caused those actions will put Alex away.
Is SC a death penalty state?
If so Alex could bargain for LWOP by turning states evidence on others.

JMO
Yep. Death penalty. FIRING SQUAD.

hmmm....how many family members get a personal visit by LE to "prepare" before arrest??

Attorney Alex Murdaugh expected to face charges in SC killings of wife, son

..."
Murdaugh’s brother soon confirmed to the Post and Courier that officers visited him for 30 minutes to prepare him for the criminal charges over the shocking double slaying in June last year.

He stressed that officers made no mention of suspects other than his brother, who is already behind bars facing more than 70 charges."...

Last edited:
This thread seems curiously slow. Given the news, I figured WS would be blowing up right about now....

It’s all over the news in the upstate.

I really didn’t think he done it tho I know he is still innocent until proven. This, along with couple of other recent cases, shows me that there really aren’t any limits.

hmmm....how many family members get a personal visit to "prepare" before arrest??

Attorney Alex Murdaugh expected to face charges in SC killings of wife, son

..."
Murdaugh’s brother soon confirmed to the Post and Courier that officers visited him for 30 minutes to prepare him for the criminal charges over the shocking double slaying in June last year.

He stressed that officers made no mention of suspects other than his brother, who is already behind bars facing more than 70 charges."...

They are relatives of the victims too so I guess that would be expected.

I have been so unsettled by this case from day one. To see that AM is going to be charged with these murders is a hard reality to accept.
This thread seems curiously slow. Given the news, I figured WS would be blowing up right about now....

I know….I expected a lot more response on here!

I have been so unsettled by this case from Day One. To see that AM is going to be charged with these murders is a hard reality to accept….that he could shoot his son & wife is just so cold & cruel. Have to admit I too am so anxious to find out what evidence they found.

(There have been so many “I can’t believe it!” moments with this case but I still can’t believe that AM showed up at the ER the night of the boat crash & AM (& someone else) tried to persuade all of the kids to stay silent & not talk to LE. Unbelievable.)

I can't wait to see the new evidence. In a small county like that it's not surprising that the family was given a heads up about what everyone has been waiting for. Alex had to have accomplices and my guess is someone finally started talking. It never made any sense that anyone else was behind the murders even though they just sped up what the wife would have found through forensic accounting if she had lived to file for divorce. They were both walking liabilities to him and she had life insurance. Desperate, drug impaired people do desperate things and he was had already been swindling orphans and widows for a long time.

I can't wait to see the new evidence. In a small county like that it's not surprising that the family was given a heads up about what everyone has been waiting for. Alex had to have accomplices and my guess is someone finally started talking. It never made any sense that anyone else was behind the murders even though they just sped up what the wife would have found through forensic accounting if she had lived to file for divorce. They were both walking liabilities to him and she had life insurance. Desperate, drug impaired people do desperate things and he was had already been swindling orphans and widows for a long time.
He may not have had accomplices, although I always thought it was the most likely scenario.

Fits news has great sources, so I'm not surprised that the grand jury stuff would leak.

We did learn recently that it took a long time to unlock Paul's phone, which apparently did provide some key evidence (video from that night).

Coupled with the fact that this investigation has spawned countless offshoots, I do understand why it took so long.

I can't wait to see this evidence either. I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone.

I have been so unsettled by this case from day one. To see that AM is going to be charged with these murders is a hard reality to accept.

I know….I expected a lot more response on here!

I have been so unsettled by this case from Day One. To see that AM is going to be charged with these murders is a hard reality to accept….that he could shoot his son & wife is just so cold & cruel. Have to admit I too am so anxious to find out what evidence they found.

(There have been so many “I can’t believe it!” moments with this case but I still can’t believe that AM showed up at the ER the night of the boat crash & AM (& someone else) tried to persuade all of the kids to stay silent & not talk to LE. Unbelievable.)

I was out running errands and just checked in. Wow. A monumental tragedy. I'll never understand spouses/parents who do this. How do you get to the point where you think destroying your family and life is a viable solution to your problems?

Don't blame it on drugs, either. In photos, etc. he doesn't look like someone with a severe opioid addiction. JMO

I think you’re absolutely right. Judges and politicians are going down.
In my thoughts as someone from SC, AM is a big fish in his little part of SC and the bankers and other lawyers in trouble with him now are pretty much the same. Big fish in their little pond. Most of the rest of SC never heard of the Murdaughs before all this stirred up.
That being said, I think it’s obvious AM has schooled some higher officials over the years in how to get around things to benefit themselves and, no doubt, has scratched some backs that have scratched his in turn. The Murdaugh honey jar has been open to all with the correct connections. Corruption and a little crime dabbling is the fuel that lights the good things in life…beach houses and hunting estates, personal planes etc. Bless their hearts…
There was a similar situation going on in my county and neighboring counties that netted a lot of 'Big Fish'. There are still plenty of unsolved cases where it is believed that these people were involved.

Could be very similar to this case. https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...arolina//RK=2/RS=hWnhsyERmgoA6my6VCj3fiU8VhI-

Anyone else think this is odd that the brother “stressed” that there were no other suspects mentioned by LE?

Wouldn’t it have been more natural to just express your shock at discovering that your brother killed his wife and child and leave it at that?

I really hope that the DA has not 'jumped the gun' here by assuming that the Grand Jury will return a 'True Bill' for indictment for murder. I served on a Grand Jury for a year, six months as Jury foreperson. The original foreperson was receiving threats from someone about a case where a very big drug dealer was involved. Jury members
names are supposedly kept secret, but the names were compromised. He asked to be released from jury duty. The judge assigned me to take his place.
You never know what might happen from a Grand Jury and who may have gotten to some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay