SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

Here is MerryB’s last post in Thread #11, for a podcast that I also thought was very interesting:

MerryB: I thought this episode was really interesting.
The legal analyst is so adept at taking complicated issues and making them easy to understand. The estate planning angle he discusses is very intriguing. I also enjoyed the Hampton Co. historian who explains the history of the Palmetto State Bank.

‎The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence on Apple Podcasts

I think folks were still discussing this … I’m bringing it over (is that called “bumping?”:

<snipped> And what of the phone calls Murdaugh is said to have placed from the Moselle crime scene prior to calling 9-1-1 after ostensibly “discovering” the bodies of his wife and son on that fateful spring evening last June? [BBM] … <snipped>

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Don’t Forget About The Judges | FitsNews, 2 Feb. 2022

And the boat was an older used model. I too thought it would be at least a cabin cruiser with living quarters. Instead it looked like it MAY have sold here for 2000.00 for a very small lake fishing boat, not even a bass boat.

JMO
Sea hunt 17 is small but pretty well built. Much more seaworthy than a lake boat. Sea Hunt boats for sale - Boat Trader Typical highschool kid could never afford a decent one.

I've heard SC prisons are no picnic.
There is no guarantee he will be in a SC prison. Prisoners are being sent all over the USA as prisons are over crowded. A prisoner from SC could be sent to CA to do his time, indeed even changed many times from state to state during LWOP. Since a lot of prisons are now privatized and as long as he stays within the company that services the SC prisons AM could be coming to a town near you if his current prison becomes too over crowded. We have people in Oklahoma prisons from all over the USA.

I say DP. Make sure he never gets out to kill again and doesn't get some cushy country club prison to sit around and drink his bourbon on the rocks while taking his Oxy and schemes his way out.

Just ONE of the many private companies that manage prisons all over the USA.

How many prisons does CoreCivic own?
As of 2016, the company is the second largest private corrections company in the United States. CoreCivic manages more than 65 state and federal correctional and detention facilities with a capacity of more than 90,000 beds in 19 states and the District of Columbia.

JMO

"Murdaugh’s brother soon confirmed to the Post and Courier that officers visited him for 30 minutes to prepare him for the criminal charges over the shocking double slaying in June last year.

He stressed that officers made no mention of suspects other than his brother..."
"However, agents did not let on to what evidence it had when briefing the family Tuesday, John Marvin Murdaugh told The Post and Courier.

“The entire family has been consistent that regardless of what goes on, we want the truth,” the sibling said Tuesday."

"Alex Murdaugh's attorney Jim Griffin provided WJCL the following statement:

"We have not been advised by anyone associated with law enforcement or the Attorney General's office that Alex will be charged with murder. I am aware that SLED advised the family that they intend to seek murder indictments from a grand jury later this week. We won't have any comment until charges are actually brought against Alex."

Personal connections show lawyer Alex Murdaugh’s downfall

I believe AM killed Maggie & Paul out of pure greed. MM was going to divorce him (I believe that rumor) and Paul was going to face a criminal trial regarding the boat crash. AM's years of money laundering/criminal activities house of cards was going to become public knowledge, so he eliminated the problem.

The first time I listened to the 911 call I knew something was off, although I sure didn't expect the extent of all that was uncovered. I wonder if we'll ever know the outcome of the Psych Eval that the Judge ordered for AM months ago?

JMO

How Alex Murdaugh Might Be Hiding Jail Calls From Law Enforcement …

An examination of the calls Murdaugh made from the time of his arrival at the detention center in October 2021 through May 10, 2022, when FITSNews submitted a FOIA for a list of the calls, shows that starting Feb. 24, Murdaugh made far fewer calls to his family and instead began contacting a new phone number — the main line of the Griffin Davis Law Firm in Columbia.

Prior to the publication of the recordings, Murdaugh — who now faces 85 charges, most of them connected to the alleged theft of $8.4 million from clients — called the law firm’s number exactly zero times.

Murdaugh made some other changes too.

For instance, he appears to have stopped calling his brother John Marvin Murdaugh altogether and drastically reduced his calls to Buster, as well as to John Marvin’s wife, Liz Murdaugh, and their sister, Lynn Goette.

The majority of his calls were now being made to the law firm’s front desk.

Why is this? Was Murdaugh simply contacting his attorney using a new method? Or was he employing his attorney’s office as a conduit and a shield? As a way to call anyone he wanted without the scrutiny of the public … and, more importantly, without law enforcement listening in.

The calls that inmates make to their attorneys are protected from monitoring by investigators. This allows inmates and attorneys to have private conversations related to the inmate’s defense.

Continued

In one such instance on Dec. 2, 2021, he demanded that Buster Murdaugh call “Jim” in a “three-way” right then and there to address confusion over Buster’s readmission to law school. In another on Dec. 30, he had Buster call a friend named Greg Cook and connect them on the spot.

According to the jail’s handbook, inmates are prohibited from taking part in three-way calls. By calling Party A and then having them connect him with Party B, an inmate could effectively bypass the jail’s system for monitoring outgoing calls if Party A’s calls are protected from monitoring.

Between Oct. 19, 2021, and Feb. 23, 2022, Alex made 196 phone calls. Here is how that broke down:

100 calls to Buster
33 calls to Jim Griffin
25 calls to Liz Murdaugh
23 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
20 calls to Randy Murdaugh
16 calls to Lynn Goettee
Between Feb. 24, 2022, May 10, 2022, Alex made 75 phone calls. Here is the breakdown:

34 calls to Griffin Davis Law Firm
21 calls to Buster
15 calls to Lynn Goettee
8 calls to Jim Griffin
5 calls to Liz Murdaugh
2 calls to Randy Murdaugh
0 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
The last set of calls to family members were substantially shorter than the first set.

For me, I am interested in the testimony of the caregiver who was present during AM's visit to his mother. When did he get there, how long did he stay , was he disheveled or agitated? Does SLED view her testimony as credible? Also, has that caregiver or family seemed to have come into money. MOO MOO MOO

It's getting late Thursday night in Australia, time for bed. I am full of hope that tomorrow when I log on, there will be lots of posts discussing the arrest to read. How many times have I asked myself "Will it be today"? Hopefully, no more. Oh, let there be arrests, and information. Details so we can make some sense of it.

Continued

In one such instance on Dec. 2, 2021, he demanded that Buster Murdaugh call “Jim” in a “three-way” right then and there to address confusion over Buster’s readmission to law school. In another on Dec. 30, he had Buster call a friend named Greg Cook and connect them on the spot.

According to the jail’s handbook, inmates are prohibited from taking part in three-way calls. By calling Party A and then having them connect him with Party B, an inmate could effectively bypass the jail’s system for monitoring outgoing calls if Party A’s calls are protected from monitoring.

Between Oct. 19, 2021, and Feb. 23, 2022, Alex made 196 phone calls. Here is how that broke down:

100 calls to Buster
33 calls to Jim Griffin
25 calls to Liz Murdaugh
23 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
20 calls to Randy Murdaugh
16 calls to Lynn Goettee
Between Feb. 24, 2022, May 10, 2022, Alex made 75 phone calls. Here is the breakdown:

34 calls to Griffin Davis Law Firm
21 calls to Buster
15 calls to Lynn Goettee
8 calls to Jim Griffin
5 calls to Liz Murdaugh
2 calls to Randy Murdaugh
0 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
The last set of calls to family members were substantially shorter than the first set.

Oh my gosh, does this story reveal a bunch of shenanigans! The rules apply to all but the M family. It’s shocking to read about their alleged collaboration. MOO. Heck, three-way calls — with the law firm‘s alleged work around they were probably having conference calls! MOO.

Don’t mind how many crimes AM is accused of, do everything you can to keep the money in the family. :eek:

OMHO.

Oh my gosh, does this story reveal a bunch of shenanigans! The rules apply to all but the M family. It’s shocking to read about their alleged collaboration. MOO. Heck, three-way calls — with the law firm‘s alleged work around they were probably having conference calls! MOO.

Don’t mind how many crimes AM is accused of, do everything you can to keep the money in the family. :eek:

OMHO.
Astonishing ! Would the Law firm be guilty of a crime if this is what was happening- a work around to accomplish secret family conference calls ?

Quote from article above.
“Griffin, too, was asked for comment on whether his office has been facilitating three-way phone calls for his client. He did not respond to that request.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake