SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he have money for a private lawyer given all the financial claims against him? Were they able to seize his assets pre-trial?
Litigants against AM filed liens/freeze against assets, but there was some portion that were protected from seizing. I can't remember which one(s) maybe it was his 401K/Retirement account that was approx $200K IIRC.

Websleuths Reported and discussed immediately about the RUN FLAT tires!

Social media users and online sleuths also picked up on Alex’s apparent lack of indignation over the slow pace of the investigation — in which the killer or killers of his loved ones continued to roam free.
With this and other pressures mounting, Alex Murdaugh seemed to come up with a solution.
On Sept. 4, 2021, Murdaugh reported to law enforcement that he had been “shot” by a passerby while changing a tire on the side of a rural road.
Someone was trying to murder him like they murdered Maggie and Paul!

Murdaugh, not accustomed to fact-checking, would soon have to change that story because the luxury car he was in had “run-flat” tires on it and therefore contained no spares because “changing a flat” was not necessary.

Last edited:
Is this a Death Penalty case? Do these charge automatically qualify?
Unknown if the state will seek it, but under SC law "Two or more persons were murdered by the defendant by one act or pursuant to one scheme or course of conduct" is an aggravating factor for which the death penalty can be imposed. Code of Laws - Title 16 - Chapter 3 - Offenses Against The Person Mitigating factors would also be considered in determining the sentence if an aggravating factor is proved BARD.

7/14/22

"It was very clear from day one that law enforcement and the Attorney General prematurely concluded that Alex was responsible for the murder of his wife and son. But we know that Alex did not have any motive whatsoever to murder them.

"We are immediately filing a motion for a speedy trial, we are requesting that the Attorney General turn over all evidence within 30 days as required by law and we demand to have a trial within 60 days of receiving that evidence."

Harpootlian should <modsnip - derogatory nickname for a case player> ease himself out but I bet he won’t.
<modsnip> will wallow in and revel in the publicity and make a fortune off of it. I imagine him writing a book.
As an attorney, anyone know if H is death penalty qualified?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons I assumed AM had an accomplice was the high velocity blood spatter found on his clothes. My understand is, were he the gunman, it would be unlikely AM would have high velocity blood spatter. Since he was only one indicted, I’m eager to see SLED’s theory on what happened that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214