SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Astonishing ! Would the Law firm be guilty of a crime if this is what was happening- a work around to accomplish secret family conference calls ?

Quote from article above.
“Griffin, too, was asked for comment on whether his office has been facilitating three-way phone calls for his client. He did not respond to that request.”

I have wondered how AM is paying his lawyers.

Jmo

I have wondered how AM is paying his lawyers.

Jmo
AM is not worried about his lawyers, as he knows from personal experience that the Lawyers always get their full fees (and sometimes more) in the end.

The publicity alone may be worth more to them. Unless this law firm is assisting in bad behaviors that would generate negative publicity.

Theorizing, can someone explain the logistics of how a three way ( or more) phone call might be made when AM calls the main law firm number?
I’m worried that it can or will be blamed on a lower level employee who “ didn’t know better” …

How Alex Murdaugh Might Be Hiding Jail Calls From Law Enforcement …

An examination of the calls Murdaugh made from the time of his arrival at the detention center in October 2021 through May 10, 2022, when FITSNews submitted a FOIA for a list of the calls, shows that starting Feb. 24, Murdaugh made far fewer calls to his family and instead began contacting a new phone number — the main line of the Griffin Davis Law Firm in Columbia.

Prior to the publication of the recordings, Murdaugh — who now faces 85 charges, most of them connected to the alleged theft of $8.4 million from clients — called the law firm’s number exactly zero times.

Murdaugh made some other changes too.

For instance, he appears to have stopped calling his brother John Marvin Murdaugh altogether and drastically reduced his calls to Buster, as well as to John Marvin’s wife, Liz Murdaugh, and their sister, Lynn Goette.

The majority of his calls were now being made to the law firm’s front desk.

Why is this? Was Murdaugh simply contacting his attorney using a new method? Or was he employing his attorney’s office as a conduit and a shield? As a way to call anyone he wanted without the scrutiny of the public … and, more importantly, without law enforcement listening in.

The calls that inmates make to their attorneys are protected from monitoring by investigators. This allows inmates and attorneys to have private conversations related to the inmate’s defense.
Nothing surprises me anymore with AM.
Underhanded, deceitful, corrupt are a few words that come to mind.

Continued

In one such instance on Dec. 2, 2021, he demanded that Buster Murdaugh call “Jim” in a “three-way” right then and there to address confusion over Buster’s readmission to law school. In another on Dec. 30, he had Buster call a friend named Greg Cook and connect them on the spot.

According to the jail’s handbook, inmates are prohibited from taking part in three-way calls. By calling Party A and then having them connect him with Party B, an inmate could effectively bypass the jail’s system for monitoring outgoing calls if Party A’s calls are protected from monitoring.

Between Oct. 19, 2021, and Feb. 23, 2022, Alex made 196 phone calls. Here is how that broke down:

100 calls to Buster
33 calls to Jim Griffin
25 calls to Liz Murdaugh
23 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
20 calls to Randy Murdaugh
16 calls to Lynn Goettee
Between Feb. 24, 2022, May 10, 2022, Alex made 75 phone calls. Here is the breakdown:

34 calls to Griffin Davis Law Firm
21 calls to Buster
15 calls to Lynn Goettee
8 calls to Jim Griffin
5 calls to Liz Murdaugh
2 calls to Randy Murdaugh
0 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
The last set of calls to family members were substantially shorter than the first set.

BBM
You answered my question. Bam! Watch, the phone records will be tracked down and unearthed and AM will be held accountable...

I hope we will actually answer a few of our many questions today, maybe why there was “no threat”. I’d really like to know how LE threads that needle or if they even try to.

I listened to the latest FitsNews podcast yesterday and in it they said that by two days after the murders LE was telling them that AM was the prime suspect and OK’d FitsNews reporting it as such. FitsNews decided instead to say he was a POI.

AM is not worried about his lawyers, as he knows from personal experience that the Lawyers always get their full fees (and sometimes more) in the end.

The publicity alone may be worth more to them. Unless this law firm is assisting in bad behaviors that would generate negative publicity.

Theorizing, can someone explain the logistics of how a three way ( or more) phone call might be made when AM calls the main law firm number?
I’m worried that it can or will be blamed on a lower level employee who “ didn’t know better” …

Well, I could call ? and she could have someone there that wants to talk to me.

TY! I hadn’t thought of that. An in person phone hand over? Or am I misunderstanding this. i guess there are a few ways this could be done. Regardless, the Law firm must be held accountable.

Other cases like the Dixie Mafia made extensive use of that legal phone call/visits thru a law firm to do their business from Angola prison.

Sea hunt 17 is small but pretty well built. Much more seaworthy than a lake boat. Sea Hunt boats for sale - Boat Trader Typical highschool kid could never afford a decent one.
It did not belong to Paul, a teenager it was rereferred to as AM's boat. Unless they had a larger grander boat this boat was pretty low key for a family such as they portrayed themselves to be.

Continued

In one such instance on Dec. 2, 2021, he demanded that Buster Murdaugh call “Jim” in a “three-way” right then and there to address confusion over Buster’s readmission to law school. In another on Dec. 30, he had Buster call a friend named Greg Cook and connect them on the spot.

According to the jail’s handbook, inmates are prohibited from taking part in three-way calls. By calling Party A and then having them connect him with Party B, an inmate could effectively bypass the jail’s system for monitoring outgoing calls if Party A’s calls are protected from monitoring.

Between Oct. 19, 2021, and Feb. 23, 2022, Alex made 196 phone calls. Here is how that broke down:

100 calls to Buster
33 calls to Jim Griffin
25 calls to Liz Murdaugh
23 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
20 calls to Randy Murdaugh
16 calls to Lynn Goettee
Between Feb. 24, 2022, May 10, 2022, Alex made 75 phone calls. Here is the breakdown:

34 calls to Griffin Davis Law Firm
21 calls to Buster
15 calls to Lynn Goettee
8 calls to Jim Griffin
5 calls to Liz Murdaugh
2 calls to Randy Murdaugh
0 calls to John Marvin Murdaugh
The last set of calls to family members were substantially shorter than the first set.

Interesting. Maybe the family has had it with him. How could they not. His behavior has put this whole family at tremendous risk. AM reminds me of a man-child, someone in the family who has never grown up, who rides the coattails of their name or reputation but is in the end a constant embarrassment. Those of the family left behind have to live in the area and this stain on their name and legacy will not go away. IMHO

WALTERBORO, S.C. (WCSC/WTOC) - The Colleton County Grand Jury handed down indictments Tuesday morning against attorney Alex Murdaugh in the June 7, 2021, shooting deaths of his wife and son.

Murdaugh faces two counts of murder and two counts of possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime.

Maggie Murdaugh, 52; and Paul Murdaugh, 22, were shot to death at the family’s hunting property in Islandton, a rural part of Colleton County. Murdaugh told investigators he went to the property after visiting with his ailing father and discovered the two bodies.

The grand jury held its first meeting Thursday since Murdaugh’s attorney, Jim Griffin, said the State Law Enforcement Division notified Murdaugh’s family they were seeking indictments against Murdaugh.

Wow

"Paul, 22, was shot twice with a shotgun – once in the head and once in the chest. Maggie had been shot multiple times with an assault rifle. Their gunshot wounds were believed to be consistent with 'execution-style' killings, reports said.

According to several sources, Paul's body was found partially inside one of the kennels, while his mother's was several feet away, leading investigators to believe that she ran from her killer before being gunned down.

At least two of her gunshot wounds were believed to have been inflicted while she was on the ground."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214