SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
It’s been said here several (if not more) times that MM came to the house, leaving her car running, and found PM in the kennel taking a picture of his friends dog. How could anyone know that? Where is that coming from?
Also it’s been said here that PM was videoing the dog(s) and you can hear MM and AM talking in the background. How do we know this? Do the police have his phone and the video leaked?? MOO TIA

1. MM leaving her car running and walking to the kennels where Paul was and had been photographing a dog. People Magazine was the original reporter, but this article summarizes all of that. Likely known from video, cell phone, and vehicle “black box” evidence, IMO. Sources are likely LEOs.
People reported that Maggie was shot shortly after she arrived at the property, alleging she left her car running as she walked over to the kennels where Paul had been standing. He had been taking pictures of a friend's dog he had been watching.

2. PM’s video of the dogs with MM and AM in the background. Police have recovered his phone, but no video has been made public. Again, LEOs are probably leaking the info to the press.
Video found on Paul Murdaugh’s now-unlocked phone shows Alex and Maggie talking by the dog kennels the evening of June 7, 2021, according to multiple sources.

Snipped

According to the complaint, Murdaugh’s transfer of the property to his wife was a ‘fraudulent conveyance’ in violation of a South Carolina law, meaning it was done to intentionally defraud creditors. In the petition, the lawyers also claim Murdaugh had already stolen more than 2.5 million dollars over a period of at least five years by December 2016 when he signed the property over.

If MM' car was found with the door open and it still running, and she had arrived at around 7 pm, what took place in the two hours before the murders? How come she didn't go close them?

If AM's clothes were covered in fine blood spatter then LE knows whose blood it is, perhaps both. Where did LE find those clothes?

If MM' car was found with the door open and it still running, and she had arrived at around 7 pm, what took place in the two hours before the murders? How come she didn't go close them?

If AM's clothes were covered in fine blood spatter then LE knows whose blood it is, perhaps both. Where did LE find those clothes?

Good questions. I wonder exactly where the car was found. Did it indicate she was driving in from the main road…or driving over from the house to the kennels? If it was raining, and she was waiting at the house, maybe she drove over from there.

Door open to me means an exit from the car in a hurry. Especially on a rainy night.

Good questions. I wonder exactly where the car was found. Did it indicate she was driving in from the main road…or driving over from the house to the kennels? If it was raining, and she was waiting at the house, maybe she drove over from there.

Door open to me means an exit from the car in a hurry. Especially on a rainy night.
You explained it better than me, thank you. If it was a rainy night and there was no urgency or concern on her part, she would have closed the car door. Common sense.

MO
I agree with your thought that the door open could mean she was in hurry. But to me the hurry was (thinking of a suspicious MM reaction to AM and the current potential divorce situation) - the hurry was to see what Alex wanted very quickly and get back in the car and drive away.
A signal to AM SHE HAD NO INTENTION OF GETTING INTO A VEHICLE WITH HIM, AND THAT WHATEVER THIS IS ABOUT IT BETTER BE QUICK.
Was she also looking for Paul. Had they arrived separately.
Was paul supposed to go with them for the visit to Grandpa.
MO

ADMIN REMINDER

While it is fine to discuss the contents ONLY of a MSM article that refers to the family of a murder victim, it is a VIOLATION OF TOS to take it beyond that by sleuthing family members and posting what you find on your internet searches here on Websleuths. THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, Maggie’s family has been thrust into the public eye because of the horrific murder of their loved ones. Websleuths WILL NOT tolerate adding to their pain by having their background splashed upon our threads for examination.

Also please note, that if you cannot provide a link to info you want to post, you cannot post it. Stating “can’t find a link, so consider this rumor” neans you are posting a RUMOR, and THAT is also a violation of TOS.

If you have ANY confusion or questions about the above, please check with staff members before posting, and we will help!

THANK YOU for your efforts to post within the Websleuths’ TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

I wonder if MM spent time at the house itself before meeting AM near the kennels.

JMO

Do we know for certain MM’s car door was left open? Everything that I have seen simply says the car was left running.
The People article does NOT state her door was left open. Just that her car was left running.
“When Maggie arrived at the scene, she left her car running and walked to the dog kennels on the estate where her son, Paul, was taking photos of a dog he was watching for a friend.”

Can someone clear this up for me?

Where was Paul living in the days before his death?

Not sure. He was about an hour away from moselle at uncles.

On the day of her murder, she knew Paul — who worked that day at his uncle’s equipment rental shop and ate dinner with his uncle’s family at their home in Okatie — would be at Moselle that evening.

Paul left Okatie for Moselle at around 6:00 p.m.

Maggie is believed to have arrived at Moselle sometime between 7:00 and 7:30 p.m.

The People article does NOT state her door was left open. Just that her car was left running.
“When Maggie arrived at the scene, she left her car running and walked to the dog kennels on the estate where her son, Paul, was taking photos of a dog he was watching for a friend.”

If People Mag has it right…and there is something on PM’s phone that recorded his parents talking…it seems like everything happened quickly. Maggie seemingly got out of her car…left it running…had words with AM…and the shooting started.

PM was still in the process of making the dog video. MM never had a moment to turn off her car.

But that doesn’t correlate with the coroner’s report, does it?

Is this the same coroner who did the SS autopsy?

If People Mag has it right…and there is something on PM’s phone that recorded his parents talking…it seems like everything happened quickly. Maggie seemingly got out of her car…left it running…had words with AM…and the shooting started.

PM was still in the process of making the dog video. MM never had a moment to turn off her car.

But that doesn’t correlate with the coroner’s report, does it?

Is this the same coroner who did the SS autopsy?

Not sure SS was Hampton co, MM PM was collerton co.

MO
I have looked at photos and it doesn’t seem as though one can drive from the home over to the kennels while remaining inside the property. Seems one would have to drive back down the driveway, turn left and re enter the access road to the kennel, equipment area. Not certain.
Does anyone know?
Also, does anyone know or have an opinion, could one see from the home, all the way over to the kennel area?
Maybe info downloaded from MM vehicle could have indicated door ajar. Just as most vehicles will indicate seatbelt info or door not closed info.
MO

Murdaugh Murders: Death Penalty Decision Looms Large For Alan Wilson

If a defendant in a capital case pleads guilty before trial, the sentencing decision falls to a circuit court judge. If a defendant is found guilty by a jury of his or her peers during a public trial, the decision is made by the same trial jury which heard the original case. Like the determination of a defendant’s guilt, any aggravating factors must be proven “beyond a reasonable doubt” for the death penalty to be imposed.

Now that we are all familiar with the ground rules … what are the factors which could move the needle one way or the other?

There are twelve aggravating factors listed under the law – although the first factor encapsulates eleven separate crimes which, if committed alongside murder, would elevate the latter charge to a capital case. Those crimes include criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping, human trafficking, burglary, robbery, larceny, drug trafficking, poisoning, torturing, dismemberment and arson.

The other aggravating factors deal specifically with the defendant, his or her victims, the crime itself and the motive for committing it. And as you might imagine, several items on this list could conceivably factor into the Murdaugh proceedings.

First, “receiving money or a thing of monetary value” via the commission of a murder is considered an aggravating circumstance. So is murdering “a witness or potential witness … for the purpose of impeding or deterring prosecution of any crime.”

Under the law, a case becomes eligible for the death penalty when “two or more persons were murdered by the defendant by one act or pursuant to one scheme or course of conduct.”

Those last three words – “course of conduct” – could ultimately prove decisive in Wilson’s decision to seek the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member