SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve thought up a scenario about what may have occurred at the scene based on the reports so far.

The following is MOO.

Even though AM may not have initially expected PM to be at Moselle the evening of the incident, AM may have been aware of PM’s presence at the time of death of MM since PM was close enough to pick up AM and MM’s conversation while he was at the kennels.

What if AM waited for PM to be distracted at the kennels before shooting MM? PM may have dropped his phone and run from the kennels to check on MM and AM, and AM set down the original weapon and languished to PM that the shooting was an accident. Words may have been exchanged, with PM expressing doubts about AM’s story. PM remained with MM while AM said he would go to the house and call for an ambulance. AM, now on his own, may have worried that his son did not fully believe his story and would tell the police of his suspicions. AM may have grabbed another gun from inside the house, returned to where MM and PM were, and shot PM, who may have returned to the kennels to retrieve his own phone.

Then, AM may have added the “execution style” shots to the bodies to make it look like a more violent scenario.

Again, all guesses based on what has been released so far to try to explain the two different weapons.

I posted this yesterday sometime. Fitznews remarked on it too.

"Based on a barely intelligible remark made in his 9-1-1 call on the night of the murders, there is considerable speculation Alex Murdaugh was not expecting his son to be on the family’s sprawling, 1,700-acre hunting property on that fateful evening last June. Many believe Paul Murdaugh – who was staring down a trio of felony charges related to the aforementioned boat crash at the time of his murder – was collateral damage during a premeditated killing of his mother."

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/07/18...penalty-decision-looms-large-for-alan-wilson/
I had no problem hearing AM saying it...asking a dead or injured Paul why "he got involved in this"

I've asked before if the local coroner can be trusted. I don't know anything about this coroner. In some areas and in some cases when a coroner is an elected official but has little medical training a TOD will be when the victim(s) are pronounced dead at the scene by the coroner. If the coroner is also the county medical examiner/pathologist/medical doctor then a more accurate TOD will be confirmed based on preliminary tests on scene and autopsy, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if when the autopsies are published the 9-10 pm TOD is wrong. I think AM killed them earlier, left the bodies and went to visit mom or dad or both to set up alibi and then played out the drama of discovering the bodies around 10ish.

That property is so rural. AM could kill them around 8 or so leave the property, dispose of guns and be confident that no one is going to happen on the bodies and if someone did.. all the better. He’d be gone!!

The last confirmation of PM and MM being alive was early 8ish. Did the friend to whom MM texted earlier hear from MM again that evening?? Did the friend whose dog was being boarded hear from PM again that evening?? Not that I’ve seen published. That is the real timeline. ..IMO.
@rescuemom I totally agree with your timeline. To me it makes the most sense, plus I never remember reading that MM was waiting for AM and angry that he was late.
---
This might be a good review and answer some questions -- I remember it being a very interesting discussion.

Episode 44: Crime Scene Discussion With SC Coroner (22 Feb 2022)

The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence

Matt Harris and Seton Tucker talk with Sabrina Gast, a South Carolina Coroner, about what a coroner does. We find out the role a coroner plays in an investigation, and we discuss the portrayal of coroners in tv and film.

Last edited:
I've asked before if the local coroner can be trusted. I don't know anything about this coroner. In some areas and in some cases when a coroner is an elected official but has little medical training a TOD will be when the victim(s) are pronounced dead at the scene by the coroner. If the coroner is also the county medical examiner/pathologist/medical doctor then a more accurate TOD will be confirmed based on preliminary tests on scene and autopsy, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if when the autopsies are published the 9-10 pm TOD is wrong. I think AM killed them earlier, left the bodies and went to visit mom or dad or both to set up alibi and then played out the drama of discovering the bodies around 10ish.

That property is so rural. AM could kill them around 8 or so leave the property, dispose of guns and be confident that no one is going to happen on the bodies and if someone did.. all the better. He’d be gone!!

The last confirmation of PM and MM being alive was early 8ish. Did the friend to whom MM texted earlier hear from MM again that evening?? Did the friend whose dog was being boarded hear from PM again that evening?? Not that I’ve seen published. That is the real timeline. ..IMO.
Agree 100%.

Hold on to your horses, y’all. People magazine just dropped some bombshells in their Aug 1 issue (I’m a subscriber so you get a sneak peek):

Bombshells!

Maggie had consulted a divorce attorney and was looking forward to “life without Alex.”

Her divorce lawyer “surely would discover [Alex’s] crimes while digging through the couple’s accounts. She knew Alex was a liar.”

She had moved to Edisto in February 2021.

Alex would not tell her what hospital his father was at and insisted she meet him first at Moselle.

“According to a law enforcement source who shared with people all the details from the investigators working theory of what happened that night, when Maggie arrived, Alex had one of his AR style rifles at the ready.”

Alex didn’t know Paul would be there, checking on a dog he was boarding for a friend.

As Paul took a video of the friend’s dog, he could hear a tense argument between his parents outside. Police found audio of the fighting captured in a video on Paul’s phone, which was discovered under his body.

Blood spatter matching Maggie’s DNA was found on Alex’s laundered shirt.

Thank you for this @MerryB

So Maggie did consulted a divorce attorney and was looking forward to “life without Alex."

Definitely her divorce lawyer “surely would discover [Alex’s] crimes while digging...

She separated from Alex in Feb 2021.

Alex would not tell her what hospital his father was at and insisted she meet him first at Moselle.

“According to a law enforcement source...Alex had one of his AR style rifles at the ready.

Alex didn’t know Paul would be there, checking on a dog he was boarding for a friend.

As Paul took a video of the friend’s dog, he could hear a tense argument between his parents outside. Police found audio of the fighting captured in a video on Paul’s phone, which was discovered under his body.

Thank you for this @MerryB

So Maggie did consulted a divorce attorney and was looking forward to “life without Alex."

Definitely her divorce lawyer “surely would discover [Alex’s] crimes while digging...

She separated from Alex in Feb 2021.

“According to a law enforcement source...Alex had one of his AR style rifles at the ready.

‘Laundered shirt.’

HMM… Where and when did ALEX do laundry?
Why did he keep it? Steals millions but doesn't think to buy himself a new shirt?

I'm glad he's both that cheap and that stupid.

I'm be shocked though if he knows how to operate a washing machine. In that, in guessing he enlisted help. A challenge to be sure with his housekeeper dead.

JMO

Thanks for sharing, but couldn't get through the opinion piece.
Hoping this helps. good to see you @GoBuckeyes.

It was another huge week in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga as disbarred attorney and accused murderer Alex Murdaugh appeared at a bond hearing in Colleton County, South Carolina – his first public appearance in months.

As this news outlet exclusively reported, Murdaugh was formally charged with the June 7, 2021 murders of his wife, 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh, and younger son, 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh, at the family’s Colleton County hunting property, known locally as Moselle.

Murdaugh pleaded not guilty in response to the charges being formally read against him in open court. His attorneys also (smartly) declined to contest the state’s motion to deny him bond on those charges – preventing prosecutors from disclosing any details related to the crime (which they had planned on doing).

Thanks for sharing, but couldn't get through the opinion piece.

Published in The (Charleston, S.C.) Post and Courier, the column – written by S.C. Bar Association president Mary E. Sharp and eight others – rebuked “recent news stories and commentaries (which) have presented an inaccurate picture of our attorneys, judges and lawyer-legislators.”

Inaccurate? More like “all-too-accurate.”

Anyway, Sharp and her cronies proceeded to call out the spread of “innuendo, personal attacks (and) misrepresentations of how the system works,” chalking up all of the bad press from the Murdaugh drama to the “missteps of a few.”

Really?

Why did he keep it? Steals millions but doesn't think to buy himself a new shirt?

I'm glad he's both that cheap and that stupid.

I'm be shocked though if he knows how to operate a washing machine. In that, in guessing he enlisted help. A challenge to be sure with his housekeeper dead.

JMO
BBM
I'm be shocked though if he knows how to operate a washing machine.

He doesn't look like the type to do laundry does he? But then we should never judge a book by it's cover. Many men do laundry, not only for themselves but for the entire family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member