SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually had the exact opposite experience.

I've followed numerous cases here on WS, and in most of them, the 911 audio hasn't been released to the public.

Most of the cases I've followed closely have been out of Colorado, though, which seems to be one of the absolute worst states when it comes to public transparency.

JMO.
The 911 call from the Summer Wells case in East Tennessee has not been released either. She has been missing for almost 2 weeks.

Snipped and BBM

I suspect the bolded statement would have a nebulous interpretation in court. By "harming the agency", does it mean impeding or hindering any ongoing investigations ?

Easy solution for that. In most states they just edit the parts LE wants to keep confidential. The rest canbe released to the public.

Many states take public accountability very seriously.

I got the paywall. Can anyone offer a brief summary?

TIA

Mainly about political contributions the Murdaughs have made and preferential treatment:

John Crangle, government relations director for the SC Progressive Network, said Thursday that he worries about the ways powerful citizens use campaign contributions to try to “buy access” in state and local government.

Crangle, a well-known government watchdog, is the author of the book “Operation Lost Trust: And the Ethics Reform Movement” about vote-buying and political corruption in SC

Paul Murdaugh wasn’t handcuffed or taken to jail, even for fingerprinting. His mug shot was taken in a hallway with an iPhone while he was wearing street clothes. A judge later removed his bond restrictions, allowing him to travel.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252500903.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it curious to say the least that every case connected to the Ms has been wrecked at the LE level. The supposed “hit and run” that the coroners couldn’t seem to get a handle on, the boat accident that LE clearly showed favor on with no booking and the mug shot, and all of the silence with these murders. It all screams for more competent investigation. These political donations seal it for me. Wrecked and dirty in my opinion.

What bothers me is the 2016 transfer of property and assets. A married man of a number of years just doesn't get up one day and say "hey babe guess what, I am going to transfer every thing I own into your name so if you decide to leave I can be broke and homeless". No married man does that without a reason behind it. Or married woman for that matter. <modsnip - not victim friendly> Pure speculation on my part though. Plus all those people saying "Miss Maggie didn't deserve this." Never mind mentioning PM or AM or even "Buster". Shows she had the sympathy of everyone <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Also the time line bothers me. Both were killed between 9:00- 9:30 PM. AM makes the 911 call at 10:07. This was no burglary gone wrong. This is 2 murders committed in 30 minutes to 1 hour on an isolated hunting lodge with the bodies found about 20 to 30 yards apart on a rainy night. I am leaning toward them being walked out there at gunpoint then killed. Then AM happens to come strolling up after his walk. Mind you he strolled up to the dog kennels first never mind it being a wet night for a walk and continuing out in the rain to walk around the kennels, before going inside his home.

All this is pure speculation on my part, but something is completely hinky about every part of this crime.

JMO

I’m with you, there is much to be bothered by. In terms of the tight timeline, one theory I have considered is that the perpetrator or perpetrators were there for quite some time. And that they used an app like Life360 or something similar on MMs phone to track AMs movements. Once they saw that he was 30 mins or so out, they killed them and left, then tossed MMs phone.
I’m not saying I think this is what happened, it’s just one of many theories.

I also think we tend to assume that RM3 had to go to the hospital that night. So that assumption makes us believe it was unplanned and necessary. But we actually don’t know that for sure. We only know that AM took him, and that is his main alibi.

MOO

I’m with you, there is much to be bothered by. In terms of the tight timeline, one theory I have considered is that the perpetrator or perpetrators were there for quite some time. And that they used an app like Life360 or something similar on MMs phone to track AMs movements. Once they saw that he was 30 mins or so out, they killed them and left, then tossed MMs phone.

I also think we tend to assume that RM3 had to go to the hospital that night. So that assumption makes us believe it was unplanned and necessary. But we actually don’t know that for sure. We only know that AM took him, and that is his main alibi.

MOO

The firm didn’t give a cause of death, but Democratic state Sen. Margie Bright Matthews of Colleton County said Murdaugh, 81, was in intensive care when she asked for prayers for the family Tuesday on the Senate floor.

Murdaugh’s death Thursday came the day before the graveside service for his 22-year-old grandson Paul Murdaugh and Paul’s mother, 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh.

Prosecutor dies just days after 2 relatives are found dead

Alex Murdaugh told the S.C. Law Enforcement Division that he had been visiting his sick father, Randolph III, in the hospital in Savannah and returned to his family’s rural estate in Colleton County to find his wife, Maggie, and youngest son Paul killed.

Murdaugh slayings: Two killed in prominent Hampton, SC family

On Thursday, June 10, a day before the Murdaugh family was set to bury Paul and Maggie, Randolph III, 81, died of apparent natural causes at his home in Hampton County. In less than a week, the Murdaughs held funerals for three of their own.

The firm didn’t give a cause of death, but Democratic state Sen. Margie Bright Matthews of Colleton County said Murdaugh, 81, was in intensive care when she asked for prayers for the family Tuesday on the Senate floor.

Murdaugh’s death Thursday came the day before the graveside service for his 22-year-old grandson Paul Murdaugh and Paul’s mother, 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh.

Prosecutor dies just days after 2 relatives are found dead
That was quick to go from intensive care on Tuesday to going home sometime Wednesday and passing away on Thursday.

MOO

Just a thought…the crucial part of the alibi seems to depend on AM’s Mother…unless others were at the house when he went back to check on her.

Interesting letter to the editor in 2019 from an alcohol and drug counselor for 23 yrs…. referencing the Murdaugh “clout.” Summation of advice…‘don’t love your children to death.’

‘I am unaware of a difference between BUI and DUI charges resulting in death and alcohol monitoring. It wasn’t even brought up that Paul had a prior citation from SCDNR for possession/purchase of beer and wine by a minor. I am confused about what Paul learned in the alcohol diversion program the article said he completed.

Can’t understand why the 17-year-old accused of killing another teen while DUI the same week of Murdaugh’s hearing has to wear an alcohol-detecting ankle monitor while awaiting trial but Paul does not.’

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article233339902.html#storylink=cpy

I have much more basic prob w this case than you all - I cannot keep these same-names apart. Who are all these people!!

Alex Murdaugh, an atty (in private practice?) who served as a volunteer atty with the solicitors office - is this the husband of MM / father of PM who found them?? Or is that a diff AM?

Randolph Murdaugh, retired as solicitor but still consulting w his replacement as recently as this year … is this the elder mr M, grandfather of PM, who died shortly after the double murder? Or is this brother Randy M, or even yet another Randy M??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1