SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you notice the end of the white building close to the van you can see an overhang on the roof. I have seen kennels with buildings like this. They have cages inside and the overhang (lower than the roof peak) is to protect the animals from blowing rain or snow in some cases.

JMO
Yep. And often there are cages inside that connect to cages outdoors via a doggie-door that can be fastened tight or unfastened so the dog can come in and go out at will. It allows dogs to not only get fresh air but to leave their “den” to go to the bathroom. Often the outdoor portion is under cover to provide shade. I would be surprised if the Murdough kennels aren’t so equipped.

Most likely the open wire cages we’ve seen in pictures are used for temporary staging, such as right before a hunt or at arrival/departure from lodge grounds.

I was surprised they did graveside considering they were cremated.

This sounds like they were buried.

"Just after noon on Friday, June 11, Margaret "Maggie" Murdaugh and Paul Murdaugh were laid to rest in the Hampton Cemetery in Hampton, S.C.

Margaret, better known as Maggie to her friends, and Paul were laid to rest not far from Paul’s great-great-grandfather, Randolph Murdaugh, the first elected Solicitor of the S.C. 14th Judicial Circuit, who co-founded the Lowcountry legal giant, Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick, more than 100 years ago. They will also rest near Paul’s great-grandfather, Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh, Jr., who served as 14th Circuit Solicitor for 46 years."​

Funerals for Murdaugh homicide victims held Friday in Hampton SC

He may be the first person AM calls because he believes everything AM tells him. Probably not, but could be. AM’s assumed alibi for the murders came out of Randy’s mouth, not LE. The circumstances leading to AM’s head shot came from Randy, not LE. I assume Randy is a bright enough lawyer to know public lies can come back to haunt you. So I wonder if he knows what’s coming out of his mouth is a bunch of spoon-fed malarky. To some degree his statements remind me less of an attorney than a trusting brother. If that’s the case (and I’m not saying it is or isn’t—only Randy and AM know) he’s in the middle of a nasty awakening and I feel bad for him.

JMO
This is my feeling too. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that AM had "silo-ed" his wrongdoing, and his brothers had no idea. Although I can imagine that by now, they can't help to have really unsettling suspicions, at the very least....

So in SC if you have video of an establishment serving alcohol to an underaged person and they then, by their inebriated negligence, keave that establishment and cause a wrongful death, that establishment is not considered culpable at all?
Only if they had reason to believe that the person was underage plus had reason to believe the person would cause injury.

Thank you for clarifying! Thinking this through ...

Host is 20% liable if they served the underage person. Affidavits state they got alcohol from the boat. Therefore, the host is not liable for Paul drinking or drunk boating.

The clerks who sold alcohol should be liable, as they should have seen that Paul did not resemble the ID photo. Paul and Buster do not look alike. However, if unaware for any reason, not liable.

That leaves Buster, who leant his ID to Paul, whose parents condoned his alcoholism ... and so on down the line until insurance companies successfully argued that they will not cover wrongful death liability.

Still, if I were a lawyer, which I am not, I would argue that Buster has partial liability (perhaps 20%, similar to hosts?) because he contributed to the accident by lending his ID to Paul. However, Paul may have obtained alcohol at the party, therefore may have become lethally drunk with party alcohol. I don't think that can be excluded. I think it can be argued that Buster is, at most, 20% liable, but given his youth, maybe 3% liable. ... but I'm not a lawyer.
I would presume that lending your ID to someone with the clear intent for them to purchase alcohol fraudulently is some kind of a misdemeanor but it would be difficult (maybe impossible) to establish that Buster had reasonable cause to believe that someone would be injured as a result of him lending his ID.

wow….

“Meanwhile, late last week an ominous email began making its way through South Carolina legal circles. I have been warned against quoting directly from this message, but it hints in no uncertain terms that the embezzlement allegations leveled by PMPED against Alex Murdaugh are just the beginning of a much larger scandal – one that is going to metastasize far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth circuit.

The email referenced compromised judges, financial institutions, law firms and elected officials – and intimated that the tentacles of corruption reached far beyond the borders South Carolina.

A source who forwarded the email to me spoke of “genuine panic” within the state’s legal community, adding that “while they may not know it yet, everyone in this state knows someone, perhaps many, in severe legal jeopardy right now.”

I HAVE GUESSES!!!

…or at least hopes. Not sure I’m allowed to say this here, but I really hope this involves “Miss Lindsay!”
Thanks for posting this key info from the article. I've cleared my cache but for some reason Fitsnews hasn't reset and still says I've used up my free-bees.:(

Was Margaret buried next to her mother or grandmother? I came across an obituary while researching the details of the murders. Perhaps Paul wanted to be cremated?

Seconds to minutes is interesting. I wonder whether that is related to the posture he was in when found. Perhaps he bled out. He was shot once in the head and once in the chest? Sounds like heart and brain - hard to survive that.

Maggie’s mother is still living and is featured in many pictures with Maggie & her sister on social media.
Obituary for Maggie Murdaugh at Peeples-Rhoden Funeral Home, Hampton Chapel
Paul was shot at close range, once in the chest and once through the arm into the head (implying he was in a defensive position with his arms over his head). I agree just one of those shots would be catastrophic.

Hmmmmm.....guess we will be seeing "stay tuned, more to come".

endured a Labor Day weekend meltdown of Biblical proportions. Murdaugh’s weekend featured a roadside shooting, admissions of opioid addiction, a helicopter flight to the hospital, a subsequent trip to rehab, rumors of multiple mistresses

Late last week, a source who spoke confidentially with one of the defense attorneys working the Murdaugh case reached out to me. According to this source, the attorney described the unraveling saga as something akin to “an episode of Ozark.” That’s a reference to the Netflix hit in which a financial advisor from Chicago (portrayed by Jason Bateman) drags his family against its will to rural Missouri – where they become key cogs in a massive money laundering operation at the behest of a Mexican drug cartel.

Another source close to the same attorney claimed they made a similar reference earlier last week comparing the Murdaugh case to Ozark.

Meanwhile, late last week an ominous email began making its way through South Carolina legal circles. I have been warned against quoting directly from this message, but it hints in no uncertain terms that the embezzlement allegations leveled by PMPED against Alex Murdaugh are just the beginning of a much larger scandal – one that is going to metastasize far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth circuit.

The email referenced compromised judges, financial institutions, law firms and elected officials – and intimated that the tentacles of corruption reached far beyond the borders South Carolina.

A source who forwarded the email to me spoke of “genuine panic” within the state’s legal community, adding that “while they may not know it yet, everyone in this state knows someone, perhaps many, in severe legal jeopardy right now.”

Local sources have offered similarly dire predictions.
“If Alex Murdaugh and his family goes down, there’s a lot of people – maybe a whole system – going down with them,” one Hampton native told me on Saturday. “There’s nobody who didn’t want to be on the Murdaughs’ payroll.”
Had to pick my jaw up off the floor for this one.

The dominoes are tumbling down...

I've never seen a statement from AM talking about where he was before he discovered the victims. Only his brothers through GMA. Do you have a link, I'd surely like to read that! TIA

I was asked for a source for the info that Alex was at the hospital with his father prior to calling 911 from Moselle at 10:07 PM. That is, why do I believe witness statement from Alex (or his spokesperson) that he was at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM?

The nearest hospital is 20 minutes from Moselle. Alex stopped to check on his mother on the way home. That means it took him minimum 30 minutes from the hospital to Moselle. That means the latest he left the hospital is 9:37 PM, but likely a few minutes earlier. That means he was at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM. There are ample witnesses who have not stepped forward to say that he was not at the hospital.

I posted two links with two quotes from two MSM articles upthread.

All the kids on the boat brought their own alcohol to the oyster roast. They all had fake IDs I believe. It's technically true that the family giving the party didn't supply them with drinks but they knew that the kids were underage and drinking. It's pathetic the adults didn't do the right thing and insist they find another way home--or didn't allow them to drink at the party in the first place.

Agreed...And while it may be an unpopular opinion on this thread, PM wasn't the only one to blame that night.

wait, I’m confused. We don’t pay taxes on cars in California annually. You either pay it when you purchase the car and it is calculated into your payments, or it’s calculated into your lease payments if you lease. There is an annual registration fee, but no annual “car taxes.”

Both of those cars were over $100,000, so I would assume they probably just leased them. That’s usually what rich people do so they can just turn it in for a new car every three years.

Does SC have annual car taxes like property taxes?

In Iowa, we "renew our tags" every year, i.e. pay our car tax. This fee, BTW, is deductible on income taxes.

But you mentioned that AM was at the hospital at 9:00 pm. Please don't post this as a fact. We have no idea when AM was at the hospital. He might have been there at 4pm for all we know. I worry others will quote your post as fact regarding the timing.

I'm trying to understand where we're seeing this differently, please bear with me.

Is the issue with the fact that Alex stated that he was at the hospital prior discovering the bodies, in that we cannot rely on a statement from Alex?

Is it that we cannot backtrack from 10:07 to figure out how long it takes to drive from Moselle to the nearest hospital, so we cannot know whether he was at the hospital at 9:30 PM?

Is it that 9-9:30 means all or part of that time interval, not that he was at the hospital at 9PM?

According to the deposition of one of the kids on the boat, one of the owners of the party house was a principal of a school. When I read that I just could not fathom a principal of a school letting underage kids drink at his house.

JMO

It doesn't surprise me at all. It's no different than where I live (or anyone). You have a group/groups that rubs shoulders and then something like this happens. I assure you that it's changed the lives of more than just the Murdaugh family.

Agreed...And while it may be an unpopular opinion on this thread, PM wasn't the only one to blame that night.

True. There's actual liability, and legal liability. Paul is the only one to blame. However, the wrongful death lawsuit is looking beyond penniless Paul (in the context of 5 million) and to his parents and brother for a large compensation.

I was asked for a source for the info that Alex was at the hospital with his father prior to calling 911 from Moselle at 10:07 PM. That is, why do I believe witness statement from Alex (or his spokesperson) that he was at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM?

The nearest hospital is 20 minutes from Moselle. Alex stopped to check on his mother on the way home. That means it took him minimum 30 minutes from the hospital to Moselle. That means the latest he left the hospital is 9:37 PM, but likely a few minutes earlier. That means he was at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM. There are ample witnesses who have not stepped forward to say that he was not at the hospital.

I posted two links with two quotes from two MSM articles upthread.
Ok yes his brothers were the source of that info. And yes that would have been the latest travel wise he'd have left if he was there immediately before the murders but he could have been at the hospital and then to see his Mom afterwards much earlier in the night. I've always wondered why if he was at the hospital immediately before and it was an ironclad alibi his lawyers haven't gotten ahold of cooberating video from the hospital grounds, entrance/exit or parking lot, and put this to rest.

I'm trying to understand where we're seeing this differently, please bear with me.

Is the issue with the fact that Alex stated that he was at the hospital prior discovering the bodies, in that we cannot rely on a statement from Alex?

Is it that we cannot backtrack from 10:07 to figure out how long it takes to drive from Moselle to the nearest hospital, so we cannot know whether he was at the hospital at 9:30 PM?

Is it that 9-9:30 means all or part of that time interval, not that he was at the hospital at 9PM?
You keep saying AM stated, he hasn't AFAIK. If you read where he stated that I'd like to see it. Only his brothers have stated that according to the GMA reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi