SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok yes his brothers were the source of that info. And yes that would have been the latest travel wise he'd have left if he was there immediately before the murders but he could have been at the hospital and then to see his Mom afterwards much earlier in the night. I've always wondered why if he was at the hospital immediately before and it was an ironclad alibi his lawyers haven't gotten ahold of cooberating video from the hospital grounds, entrance/exit or parking lot, and put this to rest.

The lawyers aren't there to dispel internet rumors, especially when Alex has not been charged in connection with the murders. He is a victim whose wife and son were violently murdered at the family home. He was looking after his parents that evening, and arrived home around 10 PM. Why is his statement about his activities prior to discovering the murders in question?

True. There's actual liability, and legal liability. Paul is the only one to blame. However, the wrongful death lawsuit is looking beyond penniless Paul (in the context of 5 million) and to his parents and brother for a large compensation.
My perception… I don’t think the Beach suit is about the money or even blame. I think this mom wants to bring the whole family & system down on its head. And I don’t blame her. If her perception- and community perception- is that accountability & justice are unlikely with this family/legal empire, the next best thing is to destroy it. This suit, imho, has set off the chain reaction that is doing just that- bringing the whole house down. Again, imho.

So in SC if you have video of an establishment serving alcohol to an underaged person and they then, by their inebriated negligence, keave that establishment and cause a wrongful death, that establishment is not considered culpable at all?

Fake ids and using other peoples id's have been around since literally the dawn of id's. Bars pouring shots so to people who don't need more. Nothing new there. There's plenty of blame to pass around.

I'm sure the defense is on this

The lawyers aren't there to dispel internet rumors, especially when Alex has not been charged in connection with the murders. He is a victim whose wife and son were violently murdered at the family home. He was looking after his parents that evening, and arrived home around 10 PM. Why is his statement about his activities prior to discovering the murders in question?
He never made a statement saying that. You want to argue that fact for some reason I don't want to continue with it, respectfully and thanks

Not me. If I were driving along and found someone who had been injured I would stop and help. But regardless of circumstances I’d have zero interest in being publicly identified let alone make a public statement. That said, I seldom post on SM and value my privacy, so I’m atypical.

However if I discovered the person I’d rescued was AM, my next few weeks would be quietly spent someplace where no one could find me. What rationale person would volunteer to be publicly associated with this mess?

I'm with you. I'd stop and help.

Zero chance I'm "coming forward with my story" like it's some money grab

Summary of the wrongful death lawsuit:

"A restaurant, a local couple, and the grandfather of the alleged driver of the boat were removed from Renee Beach’s wrongful death lawsuit.

Randolph Murdaugh was originally connected to the lawsuit because the teens alleged were drinking, possibly with his knowledge, on a family piece of property.

Parker’s convenience store in Ridgeland remains connected to the suit. The claim is that a clerk there sold alcohol to the teen Murdaugh while he was using his older brother’s identification.

Paul’s father “knowingly and willfully” allowed his son to illegally use his brother’s identification, and he “knew or should have known that the minor was using another’s license to purchase and consume alcohol.

Paul Murdaugh was not named in the civil lawsuit."
3 defendants removed from Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit | WSAV-TV

Summary of the wrongful death lawsuit:

"A restaurant, a local couple, and the grandfather of the alleged driver of the boat were removed from Renee Beach’s wrongful death lawsuit.

Randolph Murdaugh was originally connected to the lawsuit because the teens alleged were drinking, possibly with his knowledge, on a family piece of property.

Parker’s convenience store in Ridgeland remains connected to the suit. The claim is that a clerk there sold alcohol to the teen Murdaugh while he was using his older brother’s identification.

Paul’s father “knowingly and willfully” allowed his son to illegally use his brother’s identification, and he “knew or should have known that the minor was using another’s license to purchase and consume alcohol.

Paul Murdaugh was not named in the civil lawsuit."
3 defendants removed from Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit | WSAV-TV

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Buster is named in the suit.

Between that and how he abused his girlfriend is enough to make one question his entitlement.
It is. The entitlement was shocking, and as it turns out, he had every reason to believe he was untouchable. I can’t imagine how much other stuff he got away with.

Those boat crash documents paint a damning picture of Paul, and Alex for that matter.

It is. The entitlement was shocking, and as it turns out, he had every reason to believe he was untouchable. I can’t imagine how much other stuff he got away with.

Those boat crash documents paint a damning picture of Paul, and Alex for that matter.

Yes and one of the damning aspects from Alex that night was how he tried to intercept the kids from giving details to the nurses. That speaks volumes of control and manipulation.

Two things I note about this, it does not list rifle wounds as a contributing cause of death and the onset of death is listed as seconds to minutes rather than instantaneous so we might assume that the wounds were not catastrophic, perhaps fired from some distance. That is if the coroner even makes a distinction between instantaneous and "seconds to minutes"

I also was a little surprised at cremation. I would have expected the Murdaughs to be the burying types.
Not if you’re trying to dispose of evidence, as was done in the Vallow/Daybell case. JMO.

Come forward as in speak to the media?
Why would they?
I’ve considered posting these thoughts several times over the past few years. So while this is in response to the above post on The Murdough case, it applies to many, many other cases too.

I am by no means defending the Murdoughs, but having been close to a nationally covered crime I’m not surprised the brothers spoke. To say family members, loved ones and key witnesses are inundated w/press inquiries is an understatement. Phones ring constantly w/calls from reporters and “producers” asking for interviews. To the point where people feel forced to relinquish their phone to someone else to answer. Worse yet, the vultures show up at their workplace, their home and even their kid’s soccer practice. The disruption caused by the press would be hard for anyone to bear even on a good day. Fortunately I haven’t been the target of press attention personally, but people I love have and it blew me away.

To fully understand why someone would publicly comment I think it’s important to first realize for the people who solicit interviews, it is their job to persuade people to talk. They do it all day every day and they are very good at it. So when they target a normal person in the midst of THE WORST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPENED it’s not a fair fight.

These people talk to their target with all sorts of empathy, tell them how sorry they are and how horrible it must be. And they always apologize for bothering them. During that conversation they try to determine what is most important to the reeling soul. During that nicey nice part of the conversation they determine which tried and true persuasive argument(s) to use, including but not limited to:

1). I know having the press hound you is disturbing and disruptive for you and your family, especially your kids/elderly Mom/sick spouse/pregnant sister/cat. It’s not even safe. I know one woman who [insert press frenzy horror story here]. Everyone wants to be first to interview you. Trust me, if you do just one interview the press will stop hounding you. And you should do it w/us because I understand how hard this is and ... [doesn’t matter what they say next. It’s almost certainly a lie].

2). But you want to find them/catch whoever did this/find justice for [the deceased], right? I know you’d feel terrible if they hurt someone else, wondering if you could have done something to stop them. If you talk to us it will encourage anyone with information to come forward and give LE the break they need.

3. This is a big story and lots is going to be said whether you talk or not. It’s terrible what happens to people who don’t talk. The press and internet trolls make up all sorts or lies. I’ve seen people’s entire life be ruined because they didn’t speak out. [insert scary story here]. If you talk to us you can let the world know the truth and get ahead of rumors and trolls.

4. I don’t understand why you don’t want to help [dead loved one or incarcerated family member]?

5. You know, if you stay silent people will assume you think [spouse/sibling/child/friend] is guilty. You don’t want that, do you?

5. By talking you will help victims of other crimes feel less alone. [ insert tragic suicide story here].

6. It’s been proven people like you who talk about their story heal faster and have less long-term issues/PTSD. And your family will have those same benefits even if it’s just you that talks.

7. a) I know funerals are expensive or b)I hope you’re all able to be together and support each other during this difficult time. No? I’m so sorry. [insert thoughtful pause here]. You know, our integrity means everything to us and we’d never pay for an interview but everyone here feels terrible for you and maybe I can a)arrange a donation to the funeral home. b) use our air miles to fly Aunt Sara and little Joey to city x so they can be with the family. I bet we can even use points to put them up in a hotel.

8) etc.

Whatever argument they choose they include “believe me. I’ve seen this so many times and know it will help people come forward/help find them/make people understand/make you feel better. Trust me. I want to help”.

As time passes friends/family are able to think more clearly and the press frenzy dissipates. So I do wonder about interviews given months or years after an event. But I’ll never question why anyone talks to the press shortly after a crime occurs. Chances are they don’t even know why themselves.

Finally, I can’t finish without giving a nod to those reporters who don’t approach landing an interview as a sporting event. I’ll never forget the local reporter who approached us apologetically as we were leaving CW’s sentencing hearing, asking if we’d like to comment. When we shook our heads she quietly said “I understand” and was gone. She’s one of the good ones and I’m sure there are many others like her out there. Bless their hearts.

Last edited:
Two things I note about this, it does not list rifle wounds as a contributing cause of death and the onset of death is listed as seconds to minutes rather than instantaneous so we might assume that the wounds were not catastrophic, perhaps fired from some distance. That is if the coroner even makes a distinction between instantaneous and "seconds to minutes"

I also was a little surprised at cremation. I would have expected the Murdaughs to be the burying types.

The Murdaughs have probably buried a lot of things !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee