SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Occam’s razor—whenever S.C. changed the law that allowed civil suits to be brought in any county, the money started drying up for PMPED.

This would affect all the partners, yet as far as we can tell the expensive lifestyles continued. This raises many questions. Like how did Grandpa’s death affect firm, did the will contain less money than assumed? Was Alex the only Murdaugh availing himself of the firm credit car?

Wonder when the law changed?
Do you have a cite or link that says that a plaintiff can bring a civil action in any county in South Carolina? TIA.

June 7th - PM and MM shot at Moselle

June 9th - PM and MM funeral

June 10th - Hearing for MB civil suit including disclosure of finances by AM & BM scheduled, but did not happen.

June 10th - RM dies

Not to mention SS's (young man) death, GS's (maid) death, MB's (boating accident) death, and AM's 'shooting'.

Throw in AM's resignation from his family's law firm, his alleged misappropriation of millions, and now his stint in rehab.

How could this possibly get any crazier?? :confused::eek:

ETA: Changed to 'misappropriation' vs embezzled. ;)
You should read this piece from yesterday. Looks like it's going to be BIG!

Murdaugh Murders: Embezzlement Claims Raise Stakes Of True Crime Drama

Thank you for clarifying! Thinking this through ...

Host is 20% liable if they served the underage person. Affidavits state they got alcohol from the boat. Therefore, the host is not liable for Paul drinking or drunk boating.

The clerks who sold alcohol should be liable, as they should have seen that Paul did not resemble the ID photo. Paul and Buster do not look alike. However, if unaware for any reason, not liable.

That leaves Buster, who leant his ID to Paul, whose parents condoned his alcoholism ... and so on down the line until insurance companies successfully argued that they will not cover wrongful death liability.

Still, if I were a lawyer, which I am not, I would argue that Buster has partial liability (perhaps 20%, similar to hosts?) because he contributed to the accident by lending his ID to Paul. However, Paul may have obtained alcohol at the party, therefore may have become lethally drunk with party alcohol. I don't think that can be excluded. I think it can be argued that Buster is, at most, 20% liable, but given his youth, maybe 3% liable. ... but I'm not a lawyer.
Not disputing you here but I have not read anything from Buster saying he loaned Paul his ID. I don't think there is any proof of that since Paul could have just taken it out of Buster's wallet or pants pocket prior to going out. I would have to hear it from Buster's mouth or a separate witness to say there was iron clad proof Buster loaned it to Paul. Brothers take things from their siblings without permission all the time. I think the case against Buster is weak unless he confessed to loaning it to Paul.

JMO

Used to be in TX you could take your kids in a bar or ice house as they used to be called. Don't know about now since it's been 40 years since my son was a kid.

Today, Texas has gotten more restrictive on paper, but only relatively so in practice.

Children cannot be brought into bars that are actually licensed as "bars" (obtain more than 51% of their revenue from alcohol sales). But.... they can be brought into places licensed as "bar and grills" (obtain more than 51% from food sales).

Many "bar and grills" look remarkably like bars and function as much on a day to day basis. So, one can see children in what most Texans would call a "bar"- but is not a uhmm.... "bar, bar" on paper.

I think they were staying at Moselle. I heard that Maggie and Paul were together that day and had lunch in Charleston. I don’t know if this is true. But seeing as Grandaddy Murdaugh was in palliative care, I think they were sticking close by. Edisto is over an hour away.
Also, have we confirmed that Maggie was permanently living at the beach house in Edisto? Her obit says she loved spending summers there.
MM posted to SM that she was now living at Edisto house. FITSnews & other MSM reported this & quoted friends who said the “separation” was a long time coming. I’ll look for a link- no promises with a zillion articles now….

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand where we're seeing this differently, please bear with me.

Is the issue with the fact that Alex stated that he was at the hospital prior discovering the bodies, in that we cannot rely on a statement from Alex?

Is it that we cannot backtrack from 10:07 to figure out how long it takes to drive from Moselle to the nearest hospital, so we cannot know whether he was at the hospital at 9:30 PM?

Is it that 9-9:30 means all or part of that time interval, not that he was at the hospital at 9PM?
I think it means Alex didn't "state" anything, his brother Randy did.

JMO

My perception… I don’t think the Beach suit is about the money or even blame. I think this mom wants to bring the whole family & system down on its head. And I don’t blame her. If her perception- and community perception- is that accountability & justice are unlikely with this family/legal empire, the next best thing is to destroy it. This suit, imho, has set off the chain reaction that is doing just that- bringing the whole house down. Again, imho.

I agree based on what Mallory's boyfriend said that night to police about Paul. I quote "He should rot in jail. But he won't get into any trouble over this." Paul then smiled at Anthony which led Anthony to say "You think this is funny? My girlfriend is gone." According to the deposition police then had to separate the two boys since Anthony apparently wanted to hit Paul (supposition on my part and experience knowing young boys actions). I think the boyfriend talked to the mother, told about Paul smiling and the mother decided she would wipe that smile off his face.

JMO

I wouldn't come forward for countless reasons so???

I wouldn't either since I don't want my face all over media but a lot of people do come forward, for the money or the 15 minutes of fame. I was just saying that I wondered why. Not trying to start an argument or blame people who help other people. Sorry if my question and statement was taken that way. Like someone said maybe LE told them not to.

JMO

About MM and PM being at the kennel. I've been wondering if one or more of the dogs may have been in the house spending time with MM and PM. I believe they are hunting dogs but may have also been pets. She may have walked down to the kennels to put them to bed and was shot by the killer. PM then might have heard the shot and ran to the kennels and was also shot. Or alternatively they may have walked down together. This may have been a nightly routine with the dogs and would make it easy for someone to lie in wait.
I'm leaning towards this being a hit myself.
If they were in the outside cages her and PM may have been putting them in the inside cages for the night, making sure they had water ect.

JMO

I agree based on what Mallory's boyfriend said that night to police about Paul. I quote "He should rot in jail. But he won't get into any trouble over this." Paul then smiled at Anthony which led Anthony to say "You think this is funny? My girlfriend is gone." According to the deposition police then had to separate the two boys since Anthony apparently wanted to hit Paul (supposition on my part and experience knowing young boys actions). I think the boyfriend talked to the mother, told about Paul smiling and the mother decided she would wipe that smile off his face.

JMO
I think she’s wiped the smiles off every member of that family at this point. I thought the statement read by the Beach attorney was a wow moment. The words were PC but the tone was we-will-never-back-down until there is true justice for our daughter. I’d do the same. I just wonder how far this corruption really does reach and what flavors of corruption will be exposed. Guessing more than destruction of evidence & embezzlement. Imho

The Beach family extends its deepest and warmest sympathies to the Murdaugh family during this terrible time,” the statement noted. “Having suffered the devastating loss of their own daughter, the family prays that the Murdaughs can find some level of peace from this tragic loss. They would like the family and the community to know that their thoughts and continued prayers are with the Murdaughs. It is their most sincere hope that someone will come forward and cooperate with authorities so that the perpetrator of these senseless crimes can be brought to justice.”

Mallory Beach’s Family Issues Statement On Murdaugh Family Double Homicide

From people who cannot access Fits and Island news, thank you!
Your welcome, I finally gave up and bought a subscription to both, seeing as they are quoted a lot on here and I didn't want to clear my cookies or caches every day. I will continue to post new articles for those who cannot or doesn't want to subscribe.

JMO

Not disputing you here but I have not read anything from Buster saying he loaned Paul his ID. I don't think there is any proof of that since Paul could have just taken it out of Buster's wallet or pants pocket prior to going out. I would have to hear it from Buster's mouth or a separate witness to say there was iron clad proof Buster loaned it to Paul. Brothers take things from their siblings without permission all the time. I think the case against Buster is weak unless he confessed to loaning it to Paul.

JMO
My impression from the deposition of BM is that there may be an accusation that he was friends with the person working at the DMV, and possibly had 2 licenses made in one day (?) It’s only part of the deposition and BM doesn’t admit to anything during the line of questioning. But there is enough there to get a pretty good idea of what the attorney questioning him is implying.
PM was apparently using a duplicate license of BM’s on a regular basis. At least, several different people indicated in their depositions that he used it as his fake ID and used it regularly. The duplicate is what one would get if they needed to replace their license if it were lost or stolen. The replacement then indicates “duplicate” on the license itself. (I had one of these myself at one point due to physically losing my license.) This info. regarding the license PM used (of BM’s) being a duplicate vs. an original is from the deposition with the clerk from Parker’s.

And agreed, I certainly don’t think BM has admitted to giving it to PM.

amoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members