SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are all deceased, but I'll have to check on that. I do recall looking into Eltzroth a few days ago, and they previously had a tribute to him on the web page, but he died back in 2016.

I believe the firm may have been audited following Murdaugh Sr’s death in order to make partnership distributions.

All partners of PMPED were deceased with the exception of Parker and Murdaugh. I think that’s when they discovered the missing $. MOO

We can easily see the dog kennel in this photo.

47858297-9985655-image-a-22_1631542181650.jpg

Sole heir to South Carolina legal dynasty Buster Murdaugh, 25, is seen for the first time | Daily Mail Online

Great pic. Want to add it to media thread?

Not disputing you here but I have not read anything from Buster saying he loaned Paul his ID. I don't think there is any proof of that since Paul could have just taken it out of Buster's wallet or pants pocket prior to going out. I would have to hear it from Buster's mouth or a separate witness to say there was iron clad proof Buster loaned it to Paul. Brothers take things from their siblings without permission all the time. I think the case against Buster is weak unless he confessed to loaning it to Paul.

JMO

Great post. Just because BM was photographed by the daily mail doesn't mean anything.

I have three teenaged boys. Fake ID's cost $250. Standard, and they issue two per "customer". Every single kid i know in my neck of the woods has ordered/received one since they applied to college. Not brain surgery.

MOO, BM may or may not have had any idea that his brother was using his ID. Not really relevant when you think about it when the M family seems to perpetuate fraud on every level. "Here's my expired license you little shpit". Then named in a defamous, expensive lawsuit. If i were BM i'd be pretty angry.

Angry enough to shoot his brother at close range? Nah. But I do believe every living member of the Murdaugh family know exactly what went down...especially RM...AM is either complicit or simpy collateral damage. IMO he wasn't smart enough to pull this off...hence the emergency airlift...RM was at the helm. His name on the door of "THE FIRM" and all...john grisham already wrote this. A cross between the aforementioned and the pelican brief...JMO...

What I'm curious about is what Murdaugh-related legal firm employees knew about AM. I simply can't imagine that they didn't know he had 'problems'. Of course his brother would protect him, but what about others? Were they afraid to say anything or were they simply oblivious? What about the other 'Murdaugh' in the firm, admittedly somewhat distantly related. How is he dealing with all of this?
:confused:

Last edited:
Fleming is the attorney who Murdaugh suggested to Connor Cook too after the boat crash.
‘Anything They Get In, They Get Out Of’: Bombshell Deposition Filed In Murdaugh Case

In deposition, Cook said that he was scared to tell SCDNR investigators the truth when they questioned him the night of the crash.
Respectfully SBM

Cook, who sustained a broken jaw in the crash, said that he was “scared” to tell investigators the truth — that Paul Murdaugh was driving the boat on February 24, 2019 when Beach was killed.
Specifically, he said he was scared because of the Murdaugh family influence.
“I mean, just anything they get in, they get out of,” Cook said of the Murdaugh family. “I’ve always been told that.”
In deposition, Connor Cook said that Alex Murdaugh approached him while he was getting X-rays at Beaufort Memorial Hospital, just hours after Mallory Beach went missing in the horrific boat crash. This statement is supported by a nurse’s affidavit.
“There’s a couple of things that had happened in Hampton that I heard about,” Cook said.
Cook then told attorneys about rumors claiming that the Murdaughs were allegedly involved in two other deaths.
“Well, one was said that Paul had pushed his housemate down the stairs and she died and nothing ever happened,” Connor Cook said.
“And another one, there was something that Paul was supposedly involved with a guy, got found beat up in the middle of the road that they got out of,” Cook said.
In deposition, Connor Cook told attorneys he hadn’t hung out with Paul Murdaugh since the fatal boat crash. He said they were friends growing up, but mostly hunted together at Moselle, which is the property where Paul and Maggie were found murdered on June 7, 2021.
Connor said that alcohol was openly provided to minors in the walk-in deer cooler at Moselle, where the Murdaughs often hosted parties.
A security guard overheard Paul’s father on the phone saying “she’s gone, don’t worry about her” — when Mallory had only been missing for a few hours, according to the SCDNR file.
According to the SCDNR investigation files, two of the boat crash survivors told authorities that they were afraid of the Murdaughs and assumed that they were working on a coverup.
Paul’s girlfriend told her nurse at Beaufort Memorial Hospital on the night of the crash that Paul and his drinking habits “almost killed them in a vehicle accident before while he was intoxicated.”
She didn’t mention details, but said they were in his truck.
During Connor’s deposition, the attorney said “Paul Murdaugh may have had some other accidents that were alcohol-involved.”
“I heard he wrecked his truck a few times because of alcohol, but I never witnessed it with my own eyes,” Connor said.
The videos show Anthony Cook was clear with law enforcement from the very beginning that his cousin Connor was not driving the boat at the time of the crash.
Particularly, Anthony Cook told Austin Pritcher — one of the SCDNR officers accused of manipulating his reports to favor Paul Murdaugh — that Paul was driving moments before the craft crashed into a piling.
“Who was driving the boat?” Pritcher asked.
“(When) I grabbed my girlfriend and got down to the bottom of the boat, Paul was driving,” Anthony said.
“Paul was driving?” Pritcher asked.
“Yes, sir,” Anthony responded.
Pritcher did not write that in his SCDNR report, however.
Instead, he wrote that Anthony “did not know” who was driving the boat.
In deposition, Connor said Paul “was pissed and everybody was ready to get home, so he hauled *advertiser censored*” in the final moments leading up to the crash.
“Did anybody ever tell Paul to stop the boat and take them to the dock to get off?” an attorney asked Connor.
“Yes, sir,” Connor said. “Anthony and Mallory.”
“What did Paul say?” the attorney asked.
“That it would be all right. We (were) fixing to make it home,” Connor said.

Last edited:
Today, Texas has gotten more restrictive on paper, but only relatively so in practice.

Children cannot be brought into bars that are actually licensed as "bars" (obtain more than 51% of their revenue from alcohol sales). But.... they can be brought into places licensed as "bar and grills" (obtain more than 51% from food sales).

Many "bar and grills" look remarkably like bars and function as much on a day to day basis. So, one can see children in what most Texans would call a "bar"- but is not a uhmm.... "bar, bar" on paper.
O/T
Do they still call them ice houses down there? Hubby's brother lived down in Galveston and there used to be a bar on the seawall named The Poop Deck that they called an ice house. His brother would take us there and we would take our son inside. I don't remember them serving food. Just beer, pool and a juke box. They did serve some excellent ice tea though. It wasn't there when we last went to Galveston.

How does it work when Alex gets Corey Fleming to handle/represent Gloria’s case? Do the ‘opposing’ attorneys decide ahead of time how much can be claimed and go in for that figure together? That would seem peculiar if gets his friend to handle the case he is listed in?
I would like to know how Attorney referrals work? Maybe the referring attorney gets paid when a settlement happens like in real estate. A real estate agent refers a client to another agent and gets paid a "referral fee" which is around 25% of the commission. Is this how it works in the law field?

Attorney Referrals | PMPED Law Firm

I wonder if the autopsy showed alcohol in PM's blood, as in enough to intoxicate him and cause impaired judgement when in a confrontation. There would have been extreme stress on all three of them ( PM, MM, AM) in the days leading up to the hearing

Although IMO PM drank regardless of whether he was "having fun" or "stressed."

I would like to know how Attorney referrals work? Maybe the referring attorney gets paid when a settlement happens like in real estate. A real estate agent refers a client to another agent and gets paid a "referral fee" which is around 25% of the commission. Is this how it works in the law field?

Im not sure but I know a local attorney who told me that he knew AM from law school but not really close. He said that AM was kind of a “hot head” back then but said “I’ve sent him a couple of personal injury cases”, however that works. I guess AM was pretty good at that.

Paul did in fact have Busters ID. That is why Buster is in the suit. I believe it’s in the deposition. All of this was posted up thread early on. It is on the Mallory Beach thread as well.
I have read it all. Because Paul had it does not mean Buster gave it to him. OP upthread mentioned a duplicate license. You wouldn't expect Buster to carry 2 DL's in his wallet so it may have been in a drawer in his bedroom and he never knew Paul had it.

JMO

Im not sure but I know a local attorney who told me that he knew AM from law school but not really close. He said that AM was kind of a “hot head” back then but said “I’ve sent him a couple of personal injury cases”, however that works. I guess AM was pretty good at that.
So I'm thinking that the referring attorney is paid when and if a settlement happens.

I know we've discussed PM shooting MM and AM shot Paul in response to it as a possibility. Could that be why Alex is so distraught because he was going to handle the situation with Maggie (not by shooting her but by negotiating with her) ? I just have a feeling that the upcoming Beach hearing and Maggie ordering an audit of the financials has to play into that evening OR it's total hit on them for all the M's have done to others in the past OR it's a drug deal gone really bad OR Alex was being blackmailed and he didn't pay up... I am so tossed - can you tell??? :p

I'm not sure who shot who but I can't stop thinking that the Murdaugh's are involved in the shootings. A circular firing squad, so to speak. IMO.

Im not aware of how it works either but considering Corey was representing Gloria as per Alex request seems like a deal was made.

It doesn't surprise me at all. It's no different than where I live (or anyone). You have a group/groups that rubs shoulders and then something like this happens. I assure you that it's changed the lives of more than just the Murdaugh family.
PK's of all types - not just preacher's kids, but also police(wo)man's kids and principal's kids - can be some of the worst.

I'm not sure who shot who but I can't stop thinking that the Murdaugh's are involved in the shootings. A circular firing squad, so to speak. IMO.
I think the father (Alex) had something to do with the shootings of his wife and son. I used to think enemies did it. The tire change thing on a rural road doesn’t make sense to me. He had “run flat tires” on his very expensive Mercedes. He didn’t need to change the tire. Supposedly, he was grazed in the head by a bullet that was shot from a pick-up truck. I just don’t believe his story. I believe he was trying to cover up something or cause a diversion. I believe he shot himself. This is just my opinion.

I think the father (Alex) had something to do with the shootings of his wife and son. I used to think enemies did it. The tire change thing on a rural road doesn’t make sense to me. He had “run flat tires” on his very expensive Mercedes. He didn’t need to change the tire. Supposedly, he was grazed in the head by a bullet that was shot from a pick-up truck. I just don’t believe his story. I believe he was trying to cover up something or cause a diversion. I believe he shot himself. This is just my opinion.

I am more inclined to think Alex Murdaugh has something to do with Maggie and Paul Murdaugh's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi