SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the father (Alex) had something to do with the shootings of his wife and son. I used to think enemies did it. The tire change thing on a rural road doesn’t make sense to me. He had “run flat tires” on his very expensive Mercedes. He didn’t need to change the tire. Supposedly, he was grazed in the head by a bullet that was shot from a pick-up truck. I just don’t believe his story. I believe he was trying to cover up something or cause a diversion. I believe he shot himself. This is just my opinion.
When this first happened, I genuinely wasn’t sure who exactly was responsible for what happened. The shooting of Alex also changed things for me, and brought this all into focus.

That, the theft of the money, and the two coinciding (him being fired), was a complete game changer.

My opinion of who done this changes like a clock. I’m really interested in the reports of the possible crime scene manipulation for sure, and the weapon belonging to a victim just baffles me.

I am more inclined to think Alex Murdaugh has something to do with Maggie and Paul Murdaugh's death.

I do too. Especially after hearing that comment he made about PM while on the 911 call. I don't know if he pulled the trigger or hired someone but I believe so much stuff was coming to a head in the M family: the upcoming Beach thing, MM moving to Edisto, the death of AM's father. All those issues involved money, a wrongful death claim, asset reviews on marriage dissolution, financial reviews and imbursements. I also believe at the time the M deaths occurred the firm was already aware of the misappropriation of funds. MOO.

My speculation at the beginning was a hired hit. I still tend towards that scenario. The main wrinkle is obviously the use of 2 weapons. If it was a hired hit and PM appeared unexpectedly with a shotgun how did the hit man get the gun away from PM? Was PM initially stunned by a smash to his head? Maybe PM put the weapon down and tended to his mother? JMO.

My impression from the deposition of BM is that there may be an accusation that he was friends with the person working at the DMV, and possibly had 2 licenses made in one day (?) It’s only part of the deposition and BM doesn’t admit to anything during the line of questioning. But there is enough there to get a pretty good idea of what the attorney questioning him is implying.
PM was apparently using a duplicate license of BM’s on a regular basis. At least, several different people indicated in their depositions that he used it as his fake ID and used it regularly. The duplicate is what one would get if they needed to replace their license if it were lost or stolen. The replacement then indicates “duplicate” on the license itself. (I had one of these myself at one point due to physically losing my license.) This info. regarding the license PM used (of BM’s) being a duplicate vs. an original is from the deposition with the clerk from Parker’s.

And agreed, I certainly don’t think BM has admitted to giving it to PM.

amoo
RBBM. Nor will he ever. The Murdaugh’s MO is already clearly engraved on the wall for all to see. JMO.

I do too. Especially after hearing that comment he made about PM while on the 911 call. I don't know if he pulled the trigger or hired someone but I believe so much stuff was coming to a head in the M family: the upcoming Beach thing, MM moving to Edisto, the death of AM's father. All those issues involved money, a wrongful death claim, asset reviews on marriage dissolution, financial reviews and imbursements. I also believe at the time the M deaths occurred the firm was already aware of the misappropriation of funds. MOO.
What makes you believe they already knew about the problem with the accounts?

My opinion of who done this changes like a clock. I’m really interested in the reports of the possible crime scene manipulation for sure, and the weapon belonging to a victim just baffles me.

And the strange allusion to "physical evidence in the death of SS" found at the scene of the June 7 murders.

I was under the impression he was thought to have been a pedestrian killed by a vehicle with blue paint. Yet there is no mention of such in the Moselle LE report, not that it's very informative at all.

Was there a connection between his death and the weapons found?

The puzzle pieces are not coming together yet

New here so please forgive me if this has been suggested:
What if MM was a hired hit because she hired the forensic accountant and if this got out you are ruined - seems you might be able to find someone desperate if you regularly deal with cases where you apply a lot of pressure “do this and I’ll make your problems go away, don’t and I’ll bury you”.

You set up the time and date, but unbeknownst to the hitman, you arrive early because you know this guy could blackmail you. You intend to take him out. You have a shotgun with you “I was out shooting but I came home early and found this random guy attacking my wife so I shot him! Help!”

But in the dark, you didn’t see that the hitman had already left, who you THOUGHT was the hitman was your son who wasn’t supposed to be there.

Now the hitman knows you were going to shoot him. Uh-oh. The only way to stay alive is come clean about embezzling the funds and come up with some excuse about addiction to be whisked away some place out of state where no one knows where you are.

About AM acutally committing the crime of killing MM and PM, I don't think he would or could do it.
He's had people doing things for him his whole life. He's lived a VERY entitled life.
IMO if he is behind these murders it's because he was able to get someone else to do it. Someone he paid or someone he had incriminating information on.

ETA: Corrected a typo. It's late lol

About AM acutally committing the crime of killing MM and PM, I don't think he would or could do it.
He's had people doing things for him his whole life. He's lived a VERY entitled life.
IMO if he is behind these murders it's because he was able to get someone else to do it. Someone he paid or someone he had incriminating information on.

ETA: Corrected a typo. It's late lol
I agree. Also, he’d be smart enough to have a solid alibi, and although we can’t be sure, I tend to believe it checked out.

Which leaves the door wide open to a hired hit.

I agree. Also, he’d be smart enough to have a solid alibi, and although we can’t be sure, I tend to believe it checked out.

Exactly. I sure don't see AM as someone who wants to "get his hands dirty". He seems more like the "delegator" type. This is of course if he's even involved.

I wonder, since I've read MM was living at the beach house in Edisto, if she wasn't called and asked to go to Moselle for some reason? Maybe PM came with her or maybe she was picking him up there?

Still think it's odd that her phone left the scene but not PM's.
I remember reading that they (MM & AM) were living at different locations but I wrote it off because they changed homes with seasonal change and maybe one of them hadn’t moved yet. Plus someone here said that one of the houses was closer for AM to commute to work.
But with the talk of accounting, etc. maybe there could be more to it.

I'm starting to think it was a hired hit on MM, PM was unexpected. I wonder if SLED knows where AM is and if they have the place staked out? I'd worry he would flee...again.

I'm starting to think it was a hired hit on MM, PM was unexpected. I wonder if SLED knows where AM is and if they have the place staked out? I'd worry he would flee...again.
I’m open to that. We have just enough pieces that we can build a narrative, but not enough to ensure the narrative is a solid one.

Personally, I’m leaning towards both being targeted, although I could make an argument for your theory as well.

I’m sure AM couldn’t walk out that building without SLED knowing, and he’s not going anywhere.

Wondering what evidence LE has regarding culprits. Hired hits can be hard to solve/prove. JMO.

They do tend to take some time (I can think of a couple that took years). All it takes is one weak link though, and the whole plot crumbles.

Money changes hands, communication takes place, and people talk.

I imagine these things are a heck of a lot easier to solve now, than in years past (forensics, cell phones, surveillance, etc).

They do tend to take some time (I can think of a couple that took years). All it takes is one weak link though, and the whole plot crumbles.

Money changes hands, communication takes place, and people talk.

I imagine these things are a heck of a lot easier to solve now, than in years past (forensics, cell phones, surveillance, etc).
Yes, here you would think burner phones would have been used. But you never know what will be uncovered with technology. If there was a struggle with Paul before he was shot maybe some DNA was left behind. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi