SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugs are usually the easiest thing to arrest career criminals over

The black space in the document strikes me as the right size for "suspect" or "witness" but there's a lot more than just what's clearly an address redacted after that, a paragraph or two in its entirety.

There has to be some reason law enforcement so immediately made a statement that there was no danger to the community.

I’ve been questioning the “no threat” comment from the start <modsnip> That usually means suspect in custody or dead. It makes no sense here if somebody who killed 2 people is still around the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the suspect has been in custody since the beginning…why did the two brothers make those tv appearances? What was their goal in doing so…it had to be painful and thry certainly aren’t a family that seeks publicity and wants tv time?

Perhaps the two cars taken away…belonged to the two victims.

From what I understand, if a killer has killed their intended victim(s) there is no threat to the general public (serial killer or random killings) meaning they likely suspect or know who did this. IMO

Anybody who is violent enough to murder is a danger to anybody. That’s why I don’t understand the county sticking to this statement.

The hearing has not yet been assigned to a judge.

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

This will still go ahead according to the Post and Courier's attorney (see second paragraph from the Post and Courier news article below).

It will be interesting to see how the judge decides on "
whether SLED and the Sheriff’s Office have been too heavy-handed in blacking out portions of the reports."

JMO

SLED releases redacted reports in murder case of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh

"The supplemental reports redacted where their bodies were found and information about the number of shell casings at the crime scene. It is unclear why this information was redacted. Other lines were completely blacked out, leaving no clues as to what information was being kept from the public."

“It’s up to the judge to decide whether SLED and the Sheriff’s Office have been too heavy-handed in blacking out portions of the reports,” attorney Edward Fenno, who represents The Post and Courier on this case, said. “We have requested a hearing on the subject as soon as possible.”

The hearing has not yet been assigned to a judge.

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

This will still go ahead according to the Post and Courier's attorney (see second paragraph from the Post and Courier news article below).

It will be interesting to see how the judge decides on "
whether SLED and the Sheriff’s Office have been too heavy-handed in blacking out portions of the reports."

SLED releases redacted reports in murder case of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh

"The supplemental reports redacted where their bodies were found and information about the number of shell casings at the crime scene. It is unclear why this information was redacted. Other lines were completely blacked out, leaving no clues as to what information was being kept from the public."

“It’s up to the judge to decide whether SLED and the Sheriff’s Office have been too heavy-handed in blacking out portions of the reports,” attorney Edward Fenno, who represents The Post and Courier on this case, said. “We have requested a hearing on the subject as soon as possible.”

I can understand them wanting to keep the body and shell casing info to themselves, in case they have more than one perp and one talks. Where the bodies were and number of shots could be verified by someone who was there. It’s the rest of the tight lips that I don’t like. LE is bound to end up not looking good if this isn’t solved soon. People will say cover up and/or incompetent.

On one hand, a very brutal double murder takes place. On the other hand, authorities tell the public…don’t worry about it…no risk to general public though the murderers are still at large.

On one hand, LE is being unusually secretive about this case, to the extent that newspapers are taking them to court. On the other hand, this very private family feels compelled to do two consecutive interviews on two popular morning shows. Yes, a tipline is set up, but this very wealthy family offers no reward for the apprehension of the killers.

On one hand, the family members tell the public that their family has no enemies. On the other hand, 10 yrs ago, someone tried to burn down the home of the these same victims. And if they have no enemies, then it is a random crime, in which case, the general public certainly is at risk.

On one hand, the family tells the public that their brother has an air-tight alibi. On the other hand, doesn’t that mean two dangerous killers are loose in the community? So how in the world does all this secrecy by LE benefit the general public???

On one hand, the family tells the general public that they are no dynasty, are just an ordinary family like the rest of us, but on the other hand, nothing about the way this case is being handled is ordinary?

Just my opinions as always. Truly befuddled on this one.

A great summation of all the baffling contradictions in this case!

I honestly don't have a solid working theory in this case. Which is unusual for me!

The possibility of there being two people involved would be a positive since the stress would be high. I just doubt that’s the case here.

I’m not putting much interest in the witness that was mentioned in the report.

I see no substantive references to AM in the redacted reports. Where was he when he called 911? Was he on the property when LE arrived? I would probably have high tailed it out of there if I saw two injured/dead bodies. JMO.
Finding a scene of violence is frightening but finding people I love hurt would overwhelm any fear, for me. Not everyone is like me.

It doesn’t look like this arson fire…was ever solved. But it apparently did not cause the family to believe they had any ‘enemies’ who might wish them harm. I realize this was 12 years ago, but it certainly would have been an unforgettable moment in my family’s life. I find it interesting that, for this family, even in the light of two brutal murders…it was forgettable.

Maybe Timmy did it.

I’m wondering about the 911 call and why it can’t be released. Most 911 calls are pretty succinct…and pretty typical. The person calling is panicked or in shock. They give an address, describe the situation, beg the authorities to hurry. The only difference is when there is a hostage situation or someone is trying to protect themselves from a perp still on the premises, and the 911 operator tries to talk them through the situation.

So what is so evidentiary about this call that it needs to be withheld? Did AM accuse someone? That seems unlikely because the family made two very unusual media appearances to inform us that they have no enemies. If their brother blurted out a name that would presume otherwise.

By 10pm it was dark. AM had just arrived home to discover the bodies of his loved ones. That’s one huge isolated lonely property. I would imagine that the condition of the bodies left little doubt that they were dead. Did he stay there and call?

He told his brothers to come right away. But come where? After all, that could have been an active crime scene. On a huge property like that, with numerous outbuildings and miles of woods, in the dark…

Is the 911 call being withheld because he called from a different location? If so, why does that even matter?

What was said in that call that necessitates it being withheld?

Very interesting article about AM's personal injury law firm and how it affects the residents of Hampton County.

From the article, easy to see a love-hate relationship in the community with the M's. Prospective businesses shy away from Hampton County due to fear of litigation but some local residents reap larger-than-normal settlements for OTJ accidents. Perhaps LE should look at some of AM's pending litigation for possible suspects as well ?

Home Court Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member