SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The towed car could have belonged to someone in the Murdaugh family. The vehicle could have been damaged in the attack in some way and they took it in for evidence.

The part in the police report about whether there was forced entry was redacted. It's possible someone shot someone in the car and pulled them out to finish the job. (This is pure wild speculation on my part simply to give an example.)

BBM

Probably was a Murdaugh vehicle as PM/MM either drove down to the kennels or came by them after pulling into the property after being out. It's also possible that someone followed them home and shot them as they got out to tend to the dogs. PM/MM may have been at RM's house before AM took him to the hospital. AM might have told them to head on home and he'd see them in a little while.

It's a 1/4 mile from the main house to the kennels as the crow flies and IMO, they would not have walked down there in the dark.

JMO

Last edited:
In this picture…is the red roofed building the main house and the long skinny structure to the left, the dog kennels, and the structure near the top a covered parking area? Or am I totally confused?

In my attached screenshot, I'd guess the red-roofed building to be some form of maintenance building and main house to be at the bottom of my pic. You are probably correct about the kennels.

JMO

Attachments

• Moselle Property Aerial.png
    Moselle Property Aerial.png
    731.4 KB · Views: 103
In my attached screenshot, I'd guess the red-roofed building to be some form of maintenance building and main house to be at the bottom of my pic. You are probably correct about the kennels.

JMO
Thanks so much. Your house at the bottom of the pic does look more like a nice residence. Does the main entrance pass that red roofed building as you drive to the house?.

BBM

Probably was a Murdaugh vehicle as PM/MM either drove down to the kennels or came by them after pulling into the property after being out. It's also possible that someone followed them home and shot them as they got out to tend to the dogs. PM/MM may have been at RM's house before AM took him to the hospital. AM might have told them to head on home and he'd see them in a little while.

It's a 1/4 mile from the main house to the kennels as the crow flies and IMO, they would not have walked down there in the dark.

JMO
BBM: That is strange!

JMO

This is such a helpful shot of the property.

I am wondering if they’d even be able to hear the dogs from the main house with such a distance. Our dogs bark at deer and an occasional bear, so, with their property being in an even more isolated country setting…even if they could… I doubt barking would bring them to the kennel at night.

Personally, I would drive to that kennel if I had to feed the dogs at night.

I am wondering if they’d even be able to hear the dogs from the main house with such a distance. Our dogs bark at deer and an occasional bear, so, with their property being in an even more isolated country setting…even if they could… I doubt barking would bring them to the kennel at night.

Just keep in mind that there is another building on the property now, I believe, based on news arial shots. It's to the immediate west (left) of the 'long red building'. News reports said that there was a single floor residence and a 2-storey residence on the property. Obviously the 2-storey residence, away from the other outbuildings in the 'nice' family house.

ETA: here is the view with the other building included:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/11/15/44102819-9676671-Accoe-m-10_1623421278966.jpg

BBM - I would as well, which is why I believe PM/MM stopped at the kennels on the way home from somewhere and did not return after they had gone to the main house.

Just keep in mind that there is another building on the property now, I believe, based on news arial shots. It's to the immediate west (left) of the 'long red building'. News reports said that there was a single floor residence and a 2-storey residence on the property. Obviously the 2-storey residence, away from the other outbuildings in the 'nice' family house.

ETA: here is the view with the other building included:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/11/15/44102819-9676671-Accoe-m-10_1623421278966.jpg

That’s the house that some of us thought could be the property managers house….if they have one at the moment.

There doesn’t seem to be a designated driveway all the way to,the main house from the entrance that we can see…or am I mistaken? It seems to go so far and then it’s just open space.

But if AM drive in and had to pass that area…I wonder if they have some kind of lighting over there at night or if his headlights could have illuminated the crime scene?

That’s the house that some of us thought could be the property managers house….if they have one at the moment.

There doesn’t seem to be a designated driveway all the way to,the main house from the entrance that we can see…or am I mistaken? It seems to go so far and then it’s just open space.

But if AM drive in and had to pass that area…I wonder if they have some kind of lighting over there at night or if his headlights could have illuminated the crime scene?

hmmmm.

I would speculate that they park their cars in the red-roofed building where they then switch over to golf carts / ATVs or other smaller recreational vehicles that they then drive to the house or wherever.

I see from someone's screenshot that Google Maps has their drive displayed as a road. I'm sure people have checked for street view data already but it might help pass the wait if we could get a really good look at the layout of the crime scene.

I would speculate that they park their cars in the red-roofed building where they then switch over to golf carts / ATVs or other smaller recreational vehicles that they then drive to the house or wherever.

I see from someone's screenshot that Google Maps has their drive displayed as a road. I'm sure people have checked for street view data already but it might help pass the wait if we could get a really good look at the layout of the crime scene.

BBM

Attached is a pic of the main house with a car outside - I doubt they would switch vehicles and park at the red roofed building, especially if it was raining or they had multiple bags of groceries. Why not just drive to the house ?

JMO

Attachments

• Moselle Main House.png
    Moselle Main House.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 104
Well, making a few bucks is the obvious motivation for most lawyers who leave government work to go into private practice. But it’s hard to believe this family’s wealth has been accumulating only since 2006 so there must have been some other source of significant income along the way. Still, my guess is that Alex decided to cash in.
They had several cases against CSX and Amtrak several years ago and an attorney can retire just on one of those. It is common in SC for an attorney to be a solicitor and then leave for private practice. It’s normal.

BBM

Attached is a pic of the main house with a car outside - I doubt they would switch vehicles and park at the red roofed building, especially if it was raining or they had multiple bags of groceries. Why not just drive to the house ?

JMO
That's a pickup truck. They wouldn't drive a luxury sedan back there but I don't know what they use for every day drivers. I guess pickup trucks have become quite luxurious lately so there isn't necessarily a division between status and ruggedness anymore.

I presume it is because with Maggie dead, the property would go to her estate, which likely includes her husband and/or surviving son. Now all of the property would be exposed to the civil suit.
Unless she also had a trust set up (which most wealthy people do in SC and then no judgment on earth could touch it. Not in SC.

Regarding the property...I noticed that the following was redacted from the released police reports:

Entry Forced <redacted>
Forces Used <redacted>

So perhaps they did hear something or interrupt something. OR, they (Paul and Maggie) arrived home to find something in progress. Breaking into the other vehicle or one of the outbuildings?
Do we know if Paul and Maggie were home all evening?

Jmo I don’t think they resided at that address. I am thinking that one or the other PM/MM arrived and there was a break in. The building or house possibly had the weapons used. It would seem that if a semi auto was used it would be traceable. Haven’t seen a think on that.

BBM

JMO

I find it so odd that there is no driveway to a parking pad, garage? Just grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky