SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are VERY personal questions asking of the jury and its all going to be released via the audio???? Even with only juror number:
"Where do you work, what do you do, are you married or single,if you are married where does your spouse work, and what does your spouse do. If you are retired, or unemployed for whatever reason please let us know what your last gainful employment was, and the same for your spouse."

I’m not sure if this article from The State has been posted:
(Caution, explicit crime scene details may be disturbing.)

Maggie and Paul Murdaugh’s injuries detailed in court filing, possible murder weapon disclosed

A new motion in the double murder case against Alex Murdaugh gives graphic details of the injuries that killed his wife and son in June 2021, and suggests prosecutors may have identified a murder weapon from the guns seized at Murdaugh’s rural family home the day of the murders.

Testing at a State Law Enforcement Division facility, a SLED agent concluded “some of the .300 cartridges retrieved from the firing range and near the residence were fired and/or loaded into, extracted, and ejected by the .300 Blackout rifle taken from the property,” according to a motion filed as jury selection got underway Monday at the courthouse in Walterboro. …<snipped>

…. Bevel’s report concludes that an evaluation of the T-shirt Murdaugh was wearing at the time found that “six (6) recognized Bloodstain Pattern experts all agreeing the best explanation for the stains on the shirt are spatter from approximately the bottom third up to the top of the shirt,” while blood on the bottom third could be transferred to the shirt from contact with the bodies after they were shot. “All agree they cannot identify some other mechanism to create the distribution and sizes of the questioned stain spatter,” the report says.

The defense is challenging Bevel’s analysis as flawed….
<snipped>

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article271535447.html

Last edited:
On Tuesday, Judge Newman expected to finish questioning the third and fourth panels. It looks likely that they will have a pool of at 80 qualified jurors — or more — culled from the 900 who received questionnaires.

At that point, lawyers for defense and prosecution will exercise “strikes,” meaning as jurors’ numbers are called the lawyers for each side get to dismiss them without saying why. In South Carolina, the prosecution has five of the peremptory strikes, the defense has 10. But additional rules for that phase of jury selection have not yet been made public.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article271532952.html

@worm I do not think HLN covers much anymore as there have been many changes, but looks like CourtTV will be going into the courtroom when it starts.

It will be on the livestream though…

Thanks, I’m scrolling thru for court tv as I didn’t even think it was around. I’ll stream on here if I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932