SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but the constant repeating of how gruesome the scene is to try and make the jury believe that a father and husband couldn't do that is ridiculous. It's been proven time and time again that people are capable of doing horrific things to people they supposedly love.
And Jurors see right through that ridiculous malarky.

IMO

Former S.C. Attorney General Charlie Condon, who was in the courtroom Wednesday during jury selection, observed that Alec was heavily involved in who defense was selecting and striking from the pool. Condon discussed this with ABC’s Anne Emerson on Unsolved South Carolina | The Murdaughs: Murders, Money & Mystery podcast: “Murdaugh Trial Day 3 Recap.”

IMHO two reasons. First the gruesome details did seem to cause Alec to tear up — fake or not it was all part of Poot’s trademark theatrics.

Second point from DH (guess I need to say “dear husband”) with criminal trial experience — jury does not want to believe a man would kill wife and son, so the worse Poot makes it sound, the more unbelievable it is. MOO. MOO.
Agree ... how could a "loving" husband and father do that ???

However, as a juror, I would be remembering those graphic details when the prosecutor, during the trial, can place AM at the scene of the crime and all the other evidence proving he was there and killed them and the forensic evidence they should have.
So, I hope it backfires on him because those graphic details are now stuck in my head as I would hope they are the jurors' as well.
JMO

"There was gunshot residue on a seat belt, bullets pulled from bodies that matched ammunition boxes from around the home and cellphones never used again just a few minutes after Murdaugh, his wife and son were all heard in a cellphone video, prosecutor Creighton Waters said in his opening statement."

"There was gunshot residue on a seat belt, bullets pulled from bodies that matched ammunition boxes from around the home and cellphones never used again just a few minutes after Murdaugh, his wife and son were all heard in a cellphone video, prosecutor Creighton Waters said in his opening statement."

Gunshot residue all over the inside of a raincoat carried, by AM, into and left at his mother's home shortly after AM left Moselle when MM and PM's phones stopped activity. I think there's more about this raincoat's story to come. JMO

I finally got time to watch the opening statements. Mr. Harpootlian should realize that it is a not good idea not to talk down to the jury. Smoke and mirrors

And also not a good idea to paint this family/marriage as picture-perfect!

Didn't we learn that MM did not want to be around AM that evening-- thought he was up to something and wanted to meet AM at the hospital but AM wouldn't tell her which facility his dad would be at? I trust we will hear from those witnesses!

“Alex was the loving father of Paul and the loving husband of Maggie,” Harpootlian said. “You’re not going to hear a single witness say that their relationship was anything other than loving.”

And also not a good idea to paint this family/marriage as picture-perfect!

Didn't we learn that MM did not want to be around AM that evening-- thought he was up to something and wanted to meet AM at the hospital but AM wouldn't tell her which facility his dad would be at? I trust we will hear from those witnesses!

“Alex was the loving father of Paul and the loving husband of Maggie,” Harpootlian said. “You’re not going to hear a single witness say that their relationship was anything other than loving.”

According to a law enforcement source close to the investigation, Alex told Maggie that his 81-year-old father, Randolph Murdaugh III, was in failing health and that she needed to see him before he died….
The law enforcement source tells PEOPLE that Maggie initially declined to meet Alex at the family home, suggesting instead that they meet at the hospital. Ultimately, she consented to meet at the property, planning to follow Alex to the hospital in her own vehicle….On her way to the house, Maggie allegedly messaged a friend, saying that something about her husband's behavior felt "fishy," the law enforcement source says. "He's up to something," Maggie allegedly wrote to her friend

UPDATED: 03:22 EST, 26 January 2023​

Alex Murdaugh's son Buster, 26, stares at him in courtroom - before he is set to testify AGAINST him - as his trial gets underway for killing of his wife and other son​

• Buster, 26, witnessed father Alex sobbing during opening remarks Wednesday
  • He sat still and silently behind his father in the Colleton County Courthouse
  • The disgraced attorney is accused of shooting his wife and younger son Paul, 22

I found both opening statements quite underwhelming. I don’t know what I expected, but it wasn’t that. Impressions, anyone?
I thought Creighton did a good job for the State, I thought Harpo was weak and completely ineffective. The only thing he harped on <pun intended> is that Paul's brain was blown out of his head, butchered. He repeated it many, many times which only worked against AM IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard