SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of BM, I noticed when trial ended today AM making what appeared to me as intentional busy work. He was grabbing papers from here, taking folders from there, all the time Buster was standing staring at the back of his Dad's head. Seemed to me like BM was waiting and wanting to say hey and bye but AM never gave a even a glance at his son or his sister. Finally BM just gave the back of AM's head a final blank stare, turned and left. Not even a glace or nod to his family, just busy gathering his files. Couldn't meet their eyes after today's testimonies? AJMO and observations.
I have noticed Buster smiling a lot in the background. Not once, many times. I just noticed it in the shot immediately after WL identified AM’s voice and pointed to him in the courtroom. If you look, he is smiling. IMOO, it is an ‘I’m enjoying this, this is fun‘ type smile— NOT a hanging your head and shaking it, “that is ridiculous, I can’t believe he said that” smile.
Before that, I had wondered about the smiles. Again, my opinion only, but I am thinking that BM wanted to believe his dad was innocent, but as the evidence quickly becomes clear, he wants him to pay for his crimes, and NOT get away with it for once. He has lived with his narcissis his whole life and is probably tired of it AM being able manipulate people. Anyway, look for the smiles and smirks.

I recall the water in question was on the sidewalk in front of the kennel. There are photos out with the length of the walkway and it's evident that there is only standing water in front of one of the kennels. JMO
I haven't seen that image. It would be good to compare the volume of water outside Cash's kennel before and after. Does anyone know where we could find the image of the entire sidewalk outside the kennels?

Alex comes across as pure evil to me. His fake crying and rocking is not fooling anyone, I think it makes him appear even more phony and cold. It comes on cue anytime there is talk of the physical murders.

If I had brutally murdered my youngest son and loving wife, I'd have a hard time hearing/seeing the carnage I'd created too.

I just think Alex was capable of anything to plug all the holes in his illegal activities and financial 'boat'.

MOO
Agreed and from the day of his son's boating accident the self preservation gears went into motion. I understand AM's defense must do their job and were hanging in there but if you stay on the main game trail so to speak and not get distracted by all the useless tracks, leads you right to the crime scene. I've been watching this trail from day one, taking note of the evidence as well as studying every player's moves and actions in the game, even lawyers will expose things about what they truly think without ever realizing it. Some of the looks from AM's lawyers shot towards AM when the video and several witness testimonies were given really stood out IMO. Keeping an empire afloat as we know comes with sacrifices and Rome's history is a perfect example here IMO again. What and who are you willing to sacrifice to stay on the throne, client's, friend's, even family sad to say. Follow the trail folks and more often then not people's actions before and after will give them away despite all the smoke and mirrors a defense may distract you with.

There was a point in the trial when AM was all but crying out loud and Harpootlian looked over at him then touched his shoulder to get him to stop.
Harpootlian Looked puzzled as to why he was crying.

Jmo

It's also unclear why the name of Maggie's sister, Marian Proctor, was crossed out in pen in her will as the person Maggie chose to handle her estate, The Island Packet reports.

According to the paper, Maggie's sister's name was crossed out and replaced in handwriting with the name of Alex's father, renowned attorney Randolph Murdaugh III.

He died three days after Maggie and Paul were killed.

There are many reasons why an individual might change the Personal Representative named in their LW&T to file probate, and execute the duties of closing out their estate and distributing their assets. It's not unusual.

In this case, it turns out that MM's sister didn't know she was nominated by MM to be the executrix and renounced the duty. MM may have realized sometime after 2005 (the date of her Will) her sister was the wrong choice and intended to nominate her father-in-law but never formally amended her Will. Given MM never changed/amended the beneficiary(s), I don't get all the fuss over MM changing her personal representative.

From OP's quoted link:

In an affidavit obtained by The Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette and signed on Dec. 9, Proctor says she didn't know she was listed as the person who would handle her sister's estate until Dec. 7.

On Dec. 13, Proctor renounced her right to handle the estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest