SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like the prosecutions motive

I think his Dad dying was the impetus for these murders, Maggies's will, etc., had to leave it to the Dad before he died so AM would inherit

So much happened this afternoon that I forgot about this witness!
I’ll have to watch his testimony again but I thought he came off as polite and professional imo.

After the Defense established that AM had been sober and completely compliant during the GSR test and his hands and clothes were clean, yada yada yada…. It seemed they put this Officer on the spot by wanting him to talk about the trial where he was an expert witness and met AM years ago.

The Defense asked him if he knew that Moselle Farm had an airstrip where planes used to fly in and out ( I think he said no) and they said there are big pine trees planted along this airstrip.

Then they wanted him to talk about the trial involving gang members.

I thought it was a bizarre line of questioning and then it hit me that the Defense was taking this opportunity to put a SODDI defense in their back pocket ( bad dudes seeking revenge for AM prosecuting them.). JMO
Perhaps these bad dudes knew the property because the airstrip was used to bring drugs in ( before AM owned it.)
Just my speculation about what the Defense was getting at.
Heck I’m getting carried away trying to figure out how this Defense team thinks going by their questions. Lol

I felt bad for Sgt. V because he mentioned that he has been an expert witness at trial for his expertise in gang lingo and he now works in Corrections and IMO I’m glad the State shut down that line of questioning.

Replying to myself to add that I googled and found this.
Now more convinced that the Defense would want to use this as an alternative theory.
I’m sure most, maybe all jurors are aware of these crimes. JMO

I tried to watch the video closely to see how much water was around the kennels in the video. There is some. I'm not sure how it would compare with what LE first responders noticed when they arrived. What do all of you think?

Here's one screen grab that shows a glimpse of the ground outside that first kennel (the one that Cash is in, which is right beside the feed room).

View attachment 399450
I recall the water in question was on the sidewalk in front of the kennel. There are photos out with the length of the walkway and it's evident that there is only standing water in front of one of the kennels. JMO

We haven't even gotten to AM's interrogation(s), just two cordial interviews within 3 days of the murders. That's what I'm really waiting for, the first interrogation, in a police station...or did he clam up before that could happen?
There was testimony that LE had a third interview with AM on August 11, 2021. Not sure where that took place or how long it lasted, but I got the impression that AM stopped cooperating in connection with that interview. Hopefully, we'll hear more about it. JMO.

I've watched several sociopaths over the years strategize and rationalize their crimes and they are all the same. For example, I think in Barry Morphew's mind, he believed he killed his wife Suzanne to "save her" from damnation after he learned she was an adulterer and wanted a divorce. He says he warned her before they took their vows that marriage was for life. Nobody leaves BM. He also deprived his two daughters of a mother.

Looking at the Murdaugh family, I also think AM convinced himself that he too was saving his son from facing a future that for a Murdaugh, would be worse than death.

PM was facing 25 years for killing Mallory Beach when he crashed AM's boat while driving the boat when he was highly intoxicated. And even if he received a lenient sentence, PM would still be a convicted felon.

We saw the gun room and know what a large part hunting plays in the lives of this family. As a convicted felon, PM would be prohibited from possessing a firearm! Can you imagine PM stripped of hunting pigs at night with his buddies? Neither could AM. Best to end his son's life and save him the pain of prison and of a future sitting on the sidelines.

As for his wife, AM knew that seeing PM go through a trial would be difficult but seeing PM go to prison would kill MM! Yes, MM had to be saved from the heartbreak. AM convinced himself MM would never survive PM going to prison.

Never mind that his actions would rob Buster of both his brother and his mother, the end justifies the means. For AM, killing the pair was good business sense. By saving his family from a dreadful future, AM would also be saving himself. MOO

If they didn’t hunt those clothes the night of the murders then who knows if or when they knew about different clothes.

There was enough time though to change his clothes right? I don’t see the big deal of changing from the chinos to shorts and tee shirt.

There was enough time though to change his clothes right? I don’t see the big deal of changing from the chinos to shorts and tee shirt.

But I wonder if at any point that night if he was asked about clothes or told them that he stopped to change within an hour of the murders? Or when did LE see the tree video?

I do not like the prosecutions motive

I think his Dad dying was the impetus for these murders, Maggies's will, etc., had to leave it to the Dad before he died so AM would inherit

I too think the inheritance factor is a more compelling motive than just trying to distract everyone from his financial thefts. He had just been confronted that afternoon with the missing 792,000., the hearing about the boat crash was in 3 days, he was in very dire straits.

That he would obliterate his wife and son to save himself from facing the music is almost too dastardly to comprehend, but it seems more believable than what the state appears to be offering as far as motive.

But I wonder if at any point that night if he was asked about clothes or told them that he stopped to change within an hour of the murders? Or when did LE see the tree video?

Yes I can see it being odd if he changed his clothes after the murders because who would be worried about their clothes if your wife and son were murdered.

I can’t believe he couldn’t see that using his mother as an alibi was a farce because she can’t attest to that so that’s far from being ‘iron clad’. He’s not all that bright for an attorney.

I've watched several sociopaths over the years strategize and rationalize their crimes and they are all the same. For example, I think in Barry Morphew's mind, he believed he killed his wife Suzanne to "save her" from damnation after he learned she was an adulterer and wanted a divorce. He says he warned her before they took their vows that marriage was for life. Nobody leaves BM. He also deprived his two daughters of a mother.

Looking at the Murdaugh family, I also think AM convinced himself that he too was saving his son from facing a future that for a Murdaugh, would be worse than death.

PM was facing 25 years for killing Mallory Beach when he crashed AM's boat while driving the boat when he was highly intoxicated. And even if he received a lenient sentence, PM would still be a convicted felon.

We saw the gun room and know what a large part hunting plays in the lives of this family. As a convicted felon, PM would be prohibited from possessing a firearm! Can you imagine PM stripped of hunting pigs at night with his buddies? Neither could AM. Best to end his son's life and save him the pain of prison and of a future sitting on the sidelines.

As for his wife, AM knew that seeing PM go through a trial would be difficult but seeing PM go to prison would kill MM! Yes, MM had to be saved from the heartbreak. AM convinced himself MM would never survive PM going to prison.

Never mind that his actions would rob Buster of both his brother and his mother, the end justifies the means. For AM, killing the pair was good business sense. By saving his family from a dreadful future, AM would also be saving himself. MOO
Speaking of BM, I noticed when trial ended today AM making what appeared to me as intentional busy work. He was grabbing papers from here, taking folders from there, all the time Buster was standing staring at the back of his Dad's head. Seemed to me like BM was waiting and wanting to say hey and bye but AM never gave a even a glance at his son or his sister. Finally BM just gave the back of AM's head a final blank stare, turned and left. Not even a glace or nod to his family, just busy gathering his files. Couldn't meet their eyes after today's testimonies? AJMO and observations.

There was testimony that LE had a third interview with AM on August 11, 2021. Not sure where that took place or how long it lasted, but I got the impression that AM stopped cooperating in connection with that interview. Hopefully, we'll hear more about it. JMO.

August 11, 2021 was also the day the solicitor down that way, Duffy Stone, finally recused himself from the case. I’m thinking he learned something in that interview that changed his thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay