SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO even thought the answers were going to be NO.
It was about -the questions- bringing in vital facts about AM’s finances crashing around him/possible motive for the jury to hear.
Prosecution had a stellar day.

MOO
I think they had 2 reasons for asking Paul's friends if they knew of AM's financial problems:

1) as you say, to find an entry to mention financial problems in front of the jury, and,
2) to emphasize that you might think you know someone well, but sometimes you don't REALLY know them (i.e. AM could be charming and come across as a loving family man, but it's still possible he killed his family members)

How humiliating getting out of a van cage!

Thanks for the laugh! I was thinking the same thing! It seems like this would be for someone who has a long history of physical violence that is completely shackled.

He must hate it! He never thought he would go from his pricey man cave to a van cage! When I first saw it I thought it was some sort of kennel.

Silly question…… if AM is convicted of murders will there still be more trials about the embezzled funds? Tax evasion?
I would think the embezzled funds would be, b/c a woman died. I hope her death is investigated. I read they were exhuming her body. Tax evasion? The Alphabet Boys will make that decision I'd guess, and they play to win, so one can hope they will make a decision to dive into his financial misdeeds.

Agree -- my heart was so heavy the entire time he was on the stand.

Seems like a very nice, hard working young man. What a difficult and sad situation for him.
Was Rogan asked what his career was or if in college still?

Six-minute 911 call and exhumation of Gloria Satterfield

At the very end, does AM say "thank you, babe"?!

Maybe he did routinely call MM by a pet name. Doesn't much matter if he used terms of endearment if, two weeks later, he was perfectly content to use a rifle to destroy her.

The defense is trying hard to package AM as a loving husband, father, provider who would never mow down his wife and son... but that's the trouble with monsters, they dress like everybody else. They're sometimes polite. They can be charming. Deceitful as the day as long but it can be hard to see it, impossible to expose it, dangerous to leave it when you live up close with it.

Jurors, take note. The family man, on his hunting estate, the fraudster who was living it up on stolen money, the man calling to his dog, with his wife and son nearby, based on the evidence, just minutes later, blew that wife and son apart. Having left his phone at the house. Having lured them to the kennels. Pre-planned. Premeditated. Cold. Calculated.
Counted the cost and did it anyway.

JMO
Touche' and Applaud !!!!

He said that he worked operating farm equipment both in June of 21 and now.

Thank you, as so very well spoken and absolute and clear answers. He did well we can all agree I'm sure. Painful as it was, he did a great job. He seemed comfortable as could be dealing with the court so I thought maybe something in Law Enforcement/law. He could be planning to. I'd not be giving out my information publicly at all if I did not have to and would want to be very vague. Never saw such a 'world' as I've heard around there, in 'real life'. Shooting 'hog's (???????????) like it was nothing, shooting everything and all those terrible guns and hunting rifles all over the place all the time with them. I'm in Massachusetts though, so yes, a different world. Their world was 'different and bizarre to those that lived there I bet too.

IMO he holds his breath to make his face go red along with doing all the constant mouth movements like he's chewing something or has something stuck between his gum and cheek. It's annoying. I keep thinking he's got a marble or small stone in his mouth. As for tears he could be biting his cheek or not blinking so his eyes become dry and start to water. It's hard for me to watch the 3-way camera shots of the trial because the one focusing on AM distracts me with those facial antics.
jmo
He is chewing tobacco. There is a female sitting behind Alec, who also appears to be using chewing tobacco. Wonder where he is spitting since there is no car door to open! MOO.

So gross -- MOO.

Last edited:
He is chewing tobacco. There is a female sitting behind who also appears to be using chewing tobacco. Wonder where he is spitting since there is no car door to open! MOO.

So gross -- MOO.
Buster's gf I've seen making HORRIFIC facial/mouth movements. Way too big for just simply gum in a normal way, I mean like she's poking her tongue all out from inside her mouth. I def do not get it. This was more the other day outside walking, but she's doing it in court too. These people and their mouth things..

AM's just sitting there watching his murdered son's friends testify. If AM had a heart or soul, he would be devastated thinking how his son is gone forever, while his friends will go to live full lives. I think AM is a sociopath.
I also keep thinking about dear Judge Newman who just lost his own son at only 40. It must be unbearable for him to watch this case with the potential that this entitled scoundrel may have *murdered* his son. What a sad and unfair twist of fate. IMHO.

I just love Judge Newman -- I feel like he's fair, wise, appropriately tough, and definitely in charge of his courtroom. MOO.

Thoughts on the Sargent who did the GSR? He seemed eager to please AM. ‘Yes sir, he was very willing to cooperate’. I could see AM being a hero to him for whatever reason.

There still has to be a concern for one’s life by going up against AM. He’s in jail but others can still make people’s life miserable.

The brothers could still be 100% with AM. I don’t recall which one said “Alex has an iron clad alibi for his whereabouts that night” He does now, it’s on video.

Do we know when AM started doing drugs? Was it after all of this or will they blame his poor recollection on possibly leaving the family at the kennels to get high and then didn't want anyone to know that's why he wasn't with them to protect them? just a theory ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back