SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my last post tonight.... WL would smile, almost fondly, when the videos would first come up on the computer. There is a distinct change in his demeanor when counsel is trying to get the Happy Birthday video to play audio, and AM starts moving/making faces, etc... IMO, it obviously made WL very uncomfortable. IMO, WL had never witnessed that behavior from AM before....

JMO. moo
Is the video available? I heard the singing but wasn’t watching the screen at that moment.

There's a jailhouse call between AM and his sister-in-law Liz where he describes his skull being fractured. Then Liz asks if he really went blind or if he had a near-death experience-- seeing a bright light and AM says he could only see dark. Seemed to me like AM was making things up about the experience but I think he typically exaggerates most things. MOO
I totally agree with you on AM's exaggeration ability and propensity for using it whenever it suits him.

jmo

<snipped for focus>

Paul wouldn't have seen it coming. Until he saw it coming.

If Alex ever had a soul, he gave it up.

Utterly soulless.

JMO
Just wondering if there are opinions on whether Paul would have seen it coming? That is, AM pointing the firearm straight at him from the front and his son seeing that his father was about to shoot him?

Although I've read about it and appreciated all the discussions on locations, distances, diagrams, debris, blood spatter, etc., I'm still not sure.

Probably just based on the overarching fact that the "back of his head" was blown off I thought that meant that his death was caused by a shot from behind, which kind of made sense to me, that someone depraved like AM would shoot him down from behind like a creepy coward.

Or was the first shot from a front angle (under his left shoulder I think?) that Paul would have seen who was shooting him, then when he fell and tried to flee, the second shot from behind finished him off?

TIA for straightening me out if anyone is up for it! JMOO as ever

Is the video available? I heard the singing but wasn’t watching the screen at that moment.

It was admitted into evidence and I don't think it's under seal, so at some point it should be available to the public.
(Sorry I misunderstood what one or both of these users were asking for, in regards to which specific video)

too large to upload the video file here it says, so here’s a link to media with it
Edit: reporter clarifies this is “NOT” the “Snapchat video” and that tweet can be found here
He mentions that video is said to show Alex and Paul riding around the property.

If I understood the judge correctly, it sounds like tomorrow they will have a hearing with witnesses outside the presence of the jury to decide if there is clear and convincing evidence of Alex's alleged financial improprieties concerning the law firm. State obviously wants to get that evidence in to show motive. (BBM)

RULE 404
CHARACTER EVIDENCE NOT ADMISSIBLE TO PROVE CONDUCT; EXCEPTION; OTHER CRIMES

(b) Other Crimes, Wrongs, or Acts. Evidence of other crimes, wrongs, or acts is not admissible to prove the character of a person in order to show action in conformity therewith. It may, however, be admissible to show motive, identity, the existence of a common scheme or plan, the absence of mistake or accident, or intent.

Note:
The rule does not set forth the burden of proof required for the admission of evidence of bad acts not the subject of a conviction and, therefore, case law would control. State v. Smith, 300 S.C. 216, 387 S.E.2d 245 (1989) (in a criminal case, evidence of other crimes or bad acts must be clear and convincing if the acts are not the subject of a conviction). Further, when the prejudicial effect of evidence substantially outweighs its probative value, the evidence may be excluded under Rule 403 which is consistent with prior case law. State v. Garner, 304 S.C. 220, 403 S.E.2d 631 (1991).

Hmm, MOOO, I wonder if, as Cathy Russon noted on twitter this morning:

"Alex Murdaugh arriving today. He was held for a few seconds after getting out of the van. In the past they've really rushed him in."

LE "checked" him and made him stand there at their command for a few seconds as one of them closed the front passenger door of the jail transport van, and before they moved forward they all (LE) looked at eachother and nodded it was time to move?

Because AM has been misbehaving or baiting them and chaffing at the bit a bit?

Maybe he's been getting a little impatient and slightly aggressive or assertive and pushing forward without permission, in the jail and between there and court?

And LE is "checking" him to see if he will behave better, or they'll put some more restrictions on his movements or restraints on him?

Just speculatin' while waitin' to see if he's been baitin' LE. He does seem like an arrogant person who looks down on everyone and is used to privileges. Also, he is probably really pissed off that any LE surrounding the case and trial would not be fawning over him since he is a "scion" of the legal scene and is now being treated like a common criminal.

JMO

" "
How humiliating getting out of a van cage!

There is a distinctive, whiskered gentleman who sits alone in the pew right in front of the Murdaughs every single day. He wears a jacket and tie everyday and seems like he is always centered in the pew.

Does anyone know who he is? He looks familiar and I would think "official" if he gets to sit in front of the family, right behind the assistant sheriffs.

A random person who wandered up; found a gun and killed Maggie and Paul while Alex stood there looking on?

Toast.

jmo
That is what you would actually have to believe if you think that is AM's voice on that video. I mean they were literally killed seconds after that video was made, and AM at best would have to have been a witness to it. Today was a good day for the prosecution.

My apologies.
Here’s the happy birthday video I found
At the very end, does AM say "thank you, babe"?!

Maybe he did routinely call MM by a pet name. Doesn't much matter if he used terms of endearment if, two weeks later, he was perfectly content to use a rifle to destroy her.

The defense is trying hard to package AM as a loving husband, father, provider who would never mow down his wife and son... but that's the trouble with monsters, they dress like everybody else. They're sometimes polite. They can be charming. Deceitful as the day as long but it can be hard to see it, impossible to expose it, dangerous to leave it when you live up close with it.

Jurors, take note. The family man, on his hunting estate, the fraudster who was living it up on stolen money, the man calling to his dog, with his wife and son nearby, based on the evidence, just minutes later, blew that wife and son apart. Having left his phone at the house. Having lured them to the kennels. Pre-planned. Premeditated. Cold. Calculated.
Counted the cost and did it anyway.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members