SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, the Defense is arguing to keep out Alex's financial misdeeds out as they say they aren't relative to the crime and the State is pushing to admit them because 'all of the ends were meeting in the middle' as they say for Alex on the day Maggie and Paul were murdered.

Alex was confronted by the CFO the day of the murders. He was also going to be required to disclose his personal finances on June 10th, just a few days later, due to the upcoming criminal trial of the boat accident involving Paul.

When Paul died, the criminal case was dismissed, even thought the civil case continues.

The Judge will decide if the financial misdeeds are a valid part (probative) of motive without being too prejudicial to the defendant.

I say they absolutely must come in, this is exactly why Paul and Maggie are dead.

MOO
I also agree that the financial crimes should come in. Follow the money. I can imagine the panic he was feeling that day and was frantically looking for a way to acquire money to help pay his way out of the mess he has made. Life Insurance could go a long way to help him do this. JMO

not any testimony about it yet
There is an upcoming witness with the same name as a person who is listed as communicating with MM 4 times on the day of the murders. You can see it in the phone screenshot. They are listed by their first name only. I've got a limited number of first-name-only people on my phone, and they are all very dear to me, and they are just the type of people I confide in when I am worried about something.

Insert plug for :"The Gift of Fear," a book about trusting your gut feelings when something feels hinky.

Just a complete guess on my part, BTW.

I am weeping like a widow with sorrow for the innocent survivors of all of the crimes AM allegedly committed. He crushed so many people that trusted him. May each and every one of them be richly blessed with mercy and kindness forevermore so they may be able to properly heal from the massive devastation.

You are right, Edvis, in that the world is hearing about the Fake Forge acct. and AM's fraudulent activities. It's such a shame, too, especially after learning how much money AM spent on those firearms for his sons for Christmas and also the replacement weapon that totalled over $10k; one of which was likely the murder weapon. Some folks in the area in and around Moselle, South Carolina don't make that much money in an entire year.

My precious mother raised her children by this motto: "If you'll lie; you'll steal. If you will steal, then you will kill."

If I were AM, I'd fake puking and passing out so I could be promptly removed from the courtroom.

MHOO MOO
He'll probably start to have chest pains anytime now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969