SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the closing arguments being factual. It seems to me that at times DH went beyond persuasive language to flat out misleading lies. Can lawyers lie? There seems to be no real boundaries. Can DH just tell the jury a pack of lies or does he have to honor the evidence?

Repeating my prior post: yes there are boundaries. Are liberties taken by some attorneys? Yes (Jose Baez comes to mind). But the other side can object, although that’s very seldom done. Lying is not appropriate.

“The lawyers’ closing arguments or summations discuss the evidence and properly drawn inferences. The lawyers cannot talk about issues outside the case or about evidence that was not presented.”

And more recently, DH wants AM's leg shackles removed during the trial!

In light of the lack of authority guaranteeing a defendant the right to appear for jury trial without shackles, I trust the court will choose the safety of both the court and the public as a reason to control defendants seated in his courtroom. JMO
^^rsbm

Today's chaos in the courtroom responding to a bomb threat is a good example of why defendants should not have shackles removed while sitting in the courtroom. The safety of all is paramount and the Judge gets this!

Transport van just arrived with AM

He just got shuffled out into the courthouse

watching on CourtTV
I honestly didn't think trial would resume but they're doing the right thing because if they didn't resume it sends a message to keep the threats coming. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper