SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM is not visible in the video Paul took. I suspect he donned a tarpo and rubber boots (MOO I'm betting items like that were kept at the kennels) and that he corralled Bubba and I'm wondering if the audio distortion on the video is actually the sound of water -- water from the hose.

As for GSR on the inside of the tarpo -- coukd that be transfer GSR from transporting a recently fired weapon?

jmo

I definitely don’t think that. I think my comment sounded different in my head than it did when I typed it—I was just struck by the irony of his perceived wealth and reputation in comparison with the reality of his sad excuse of a life. And without a doubt he gets preferential treatment.
Your comment..."sad excuse of a life" sums up AM's past years.
Hope the jury follows, right to the murders and throughout trial evidence.

Court is back in session after lunch. Harpootlian indicates that he paid $450 to a private company for the "rough draft" of Shelley Smith's transcript. Also indicates it wasn't a South Carolina court reporter who created that transcript.

The state calls its 34th witness, Parker Law Group attorney Ronnie Crosby, one of Murdaugh's former law partners. Crosby testified earlier without the jury present. He's back again with the jury in the room.

Crosby on Alex Murdaugh as a lawyer: “Alex was a very good lawyer. He was good with people. Very good at reading people. Very good at understanding people. Very good at making people believe he cared about them and building a rapport and trust with them.”

Crosby: "He was very good at strategizing against insurance companies and opposing lawyers.” He often got results that the lawyers in the firm would be amazed at. He wasn't a real student of the law and didn't specialize in any type of law, Crosby said.

Crosby on how the Recession affected Murdaugh's finances: Murduagh and one of his non-lawyer business partners, Barrett Boulware, did a bunch of real estate transactions. They had purchased some property and hoped to sell it as developmental property. We know what happened.

Crosby: The market went bad. Barrett and some of the other partners didn’t have the ability to pay those loans they had financed. Alex had to carry a lot of that financial strain.

Crosby testifies that he spoke with Alex Murdaugh about Gloria Satterfield's death. He says Murdaugh told him "the dogs knocked her down and that the kids were going to sue him for Gloria’s death.” Crosby understood it to be a friendly legal claim hoping insurance would pay out

Crosby on what he said when he was told in May 2021 Alex Murdaugh might have been trying to shield legal fees/income from recovery in the boat crash case. “Oh f--- no he did not.” Crosby said that would be illegal and unethical.

At that point, Crosby said, which was late May 2021, he didn't suspect Murdaugh was stealing money. Just trying to hide it.

Crosby gets emotional when asked about Paul Murdaugh. “I knew Paul since he was born. Both he and Buster had always referred to me as Uncle Ronnie. We lived just across the way from each other, so I got to know him.” Their sons were friends, would go hunting/fishing together.

Crosby on his reaction to learning Maggie and Paul had been shot: “Shock. Alarm. I immediately told my wife I had to go, and I got in my vehicle and started heading to Moselle.”

Crosby says he stayed at Moselle until 3:30 a.m. the next morning. He says he spoke with Alex Murdaugh several times about his activities on 6/7/21 before the slayings. They had multiple conversations about it.

Crosby: Murdaugh told him and others the same story he gave investigators in the hours/days after the slayings. That he rode around with Paul that evening, ate dinner with Maggie and Paul and fell asleep on the couch around 8 p.m. before leaving at 9 p.m. to visit his mother.

Waters: “Did he say whether or not he went down to the kennels before leaving for Almeda?” Crosby: “That came up in one of the conversations, and he specifically said that he did not.”

Waters plays the dog kennel video in court again. Crosby: The three voices in that video are Paul, Maggie and Alex. Waters: "How sure are you?" Crosby: "I'm 100 percent sure.”

Waters: “In the wake of this tragedy, did the law firm family rally to the defendant’s aid?” Crosby: “We did. We were there every day for the rest of the week.”

Crosby testifies the law firm stopped asking questions about the missing $792,000 after Maggie and Paul’s deaths. Nobody wanted to talk about money. “I said, let’s just leave it be.”

Crosby describes the evening he was called to law partner Danny Henderson's house to review records uncovering Alex Murdaugh's thefts. He realized it was bad. Henderson offered him a drink. Waters: Did you have a drink? Crosby: “Yeah, ultimately more than one.”

Crosby said he knew immediately that Murdaugh would have to be fired. He didn’t attend the meeting the next morning. He didn't need to see any more. But he heard that Murdaugh confessed when confronted. “He said he knew he was going to get caught at some point in time.”

Waters: If you had found out at any point that Murdaugh was stealing clients’ money, what would you have done? Crosby: “If I had become aware of it, he would have been asked to resign or I would have forced a vote and he would have been terminated under our contract.”

Waters: What else? Crosby: I would have turned it over to law enforcement and reported it to the South Carolina Bar. That's ultimately what we did.

Waters ends his questioning. Jim Griffin rises to cross-examine Crosby.

Lots of Hearsay, and then they don't ask about the 'secret' conversation where lawyers and others were present right after the Murders. The AG asked to let it in, it was approved, and then don't mention it? Hmmm.

AM told him when he got back from mom’s house he drove down to the kennels and found them.

Video just played from Paul & Crosby confirms it was Alex’s voice…another confirmation Alex was down at the kennels with Maggie and Paul
Hearing all the witnesses verifying AM's voice at the kennels after he said he wasn't there at all, just another nail being pounded into AM's coffin as they say.

I live in SC. At a recent party, the question was asked…would you ever knowingly hire anyone associated with a Murdaugh and/or his firm? The answers were all resounding NOs!
In my opinion, too many eyes are on them now. There will be a tendency to protect oneself, ones own reputation and livelihood by making sure THEY are held to a very strict standard whether in court, at the Bank, etc.

In order to give no appearance of influence, they may sometimes be denied if the matter is a close call.

I think RM is not coming to court because he is the only sibling still in the family business and he’s trying to separate himself. I doubt BM will follow through with a law career. The good ole boy network may still survive but its existence is front and center, undeniable. That makes things more complicated for all. I am sure they blame AM.
\
And, IMO, the Murdaugh name is now toxic and its power evaporated.
You're right though because he's been absent from court most of the time. I believe today is his first appearance. imo.

Lots of Hearsay, and then they don't ask about the 'secret' conversation where lawyers and others were present right after the Murders. The AG asked to let it in, it was approved, and then don't mention it? Hmmm.
Maybe it was the story that AM told them about the nap, going to mom’s house, etc., but Crosby heard Alex’s voice on Paul’s video confirming that Alex was at the kennels with Maggie and Paul just before they were shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88