SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Why/ how could LE rope off the house at Moselle? It wasn't a crime scene and there was no warrant to lock down AM's home. If they locked it down, wouldn't the defense be saying 'rush to judgment'?

I can think of many murders where the murderer/POI's home wasn't immediately locked down.

I mean, it's a shame they didn't (lock down the house proper), but I think the defense is blowing smoke.

Geez, if LE had locked down the house or worn booties at the crime scene or kicked 500 designer suits out of Moselle, it would only have led to more evidence against the accused!

The disservice, if indeed there was one, wasn't to AM. It was to their own case in chief, which hadn't yet been established!

JMO

I'm confused. Why/ how could LE rope of the  housecat Moselle? It wasn't a crime scene and there was no warrant to lock down AM's home. If they locked it down, wouldn't the defense be saying 'rush to judgment'?

I can think of many murders where the murderer/POI's home was immediately locked down.

I mean, it's a shame they didn't (locked down the house proper), but I think the defense is blowing smoke.

Geez, if LE had locked down the house or worn booties at the crime scene or kicked 500 designer suits out of Moselle, it would only have led to more evidence against the accused!

The disservice, if indeed there was one, wasn't to AM. It was to their own case in chief, which hadn't yet been established!

JMO
They had a warrant. The SLED agent who got one from the judge was on her way to Moselle fairly quickly IIRC

My thoughts on crime scene security, whether right or wrong:

—the house wasn’t considered the crime scene, the kennels were
—AM, a lawyer, called Blanca and asked her basically to sneak past LE and clean up for him. He did not clear it with SLED, he did not ask Blanca to clear it with SLED. HE knew what he was doing.
—AM knew eventually LE would be in that house and wanted it cleaned quickly.

I am way less concerned that the house was unattended at that time and much more concerned AM, an attorney, asked his housekeeper to to go there without clearing it with SLED.

They had a warrant. The SLED agent who got one from the judge was on her way to Moselle fairly quickly IIRC
My understanding though is that it was a walk-thru warrant.

Regardless it steams me that the privilege AM was afforded is being used by the defense. Double dipping, having it both ways.

Jmo

My thoughts on crime scene security, whether right or wrong:

—the house wasn’t considered the crime scene, the kennels were
—AM, a lawyer, called Blanca and asked her basically to sneak past LE and clean up for him. He did not clear it with SLED, he did not ask Blanca to clear it with SLED. HE knew what he was doing.
—AM knew eventually LE would be in that house and wanted it cleaned quickly.

I am way less concerned that the house was unattended at that time and much more concerned AM, an attorney, asked his housekeeper to to go there without clearing it with SLED.
The house on the property where AM, the husband/father of the victims lived was a part of the warrant SLED brought to Moselle, IIRC

My understanding though is that it was a walk-thru warrant.

Regardless it steams me that the privilege AM was afforded is being used by the defense. Double dipping, having it both ways.

Jmo
Yes a walk thru and video I'm sure, IMO

So I guess witnesses now have the motive to testify by embellishments and in tears seeing how much money another witness has made. How can we be sure they won’t be tempted to do that? Will this witness ask for donations for bravery as well!? This is a dangerous game - witnesses profiting from testifying under any circumstances is a bad precedent. It undermines everyone’s testimony. Defense should call Mrs. Smith and ask how much money she’s made. It would completely undercut her testimony. I’m not saying she lied on the stand but AM has the right to question her motivation now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member