SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's someone who works with the defense. Both the prosecutor and defense use the first bench behind the tables for staff. The prosecutor and defense are often seen conferring with those people.
Yes, gent in green suit is the bailiff and the female is DH's paralegal. Bailiff sits is directly behind AM and the paralegal is right behind DH. He's constantly turning around to confer with her. MOO

So now I want to know if C Rowe (caretaker) really needed to take his daddy to the doctor that Monday or if AM suggested he take the day off.
This has been brought up at different intervals.
Caretaker removed from the property.
MM requested to come.
PM requested to come.
None of this is a coincidence.

Regarding my earlier comments about how I got married a year after Alex and Maggie did, and my husband definitely would know if I wore undies or not with my pjs. After he got done with work today, I figured I better double check to make sure I wasn't off base with my line of thought.

"Hey, quick random question. If someone were to ask you if I wore underwear with my pajamas or not, do you know the answer?"

Bless his heart, he didn't even blink. "Is this for one of your true crime cases?"

See, he really knows me well! (And yes, he was correct as to whether or not I wear undies with my pjs).

MM had been living in Edisto and the prosecution believes MM was lured to the house by AM.

IMO, setting out MM's pj's looks like staging inside the house-- especially when I don't think PM & MM intended to spend the night on Monday.

We know that PM was working for Uncle John Marvin that week (refused a hunting invite from law partner Ronnie Crosby's son) and had been sleeping at his house.

If MM dropped PM off at his uncle's house, PM would have his truck in the morning that was waiting for him at his uncle's house. JMO

ETA: Also, recalling AM lied to investigators during the interview -- told them MM was at home when he left for work in the morning when she clearly was not and had not been in Moselle recently.
omg! This is an excellent post!!!
BBM

The search warrant LE got the night of the murders applied to the entire Moselle property, including the house. Starting at 1:20:50.

Thank you for finding that. I didn't realize they had the warrant, they decided not to execute it. Just did a friendly walk thru without displacing the legal soiree. Still steams me. That AM gets the "courtesy" in the first place, and then gets to use it, pretending it throws shade on the investigation.

JMO

Folded pajamas in the doorway by the tub. A nice little pile of folded clothes....

[…]

As soon as she walked in the kitchen, she noticed things were different.

The pots from dinner were not on the stove or in the sink, where she was used to finding them the next day. They were stuffed in the fridge with the lids still on top.

By the laundry room, Maggie's pajamas and a pair of underwear were found in the middle of the doorway on the floor, laid neatly. Even more odd, Blanca said, Maggie didn't wear underwear with her pajamas.

In the master bathroom, she said she found a pile of Maggie's clothes by the tub. By the shower on the floor, there was a puddle of water, a towel and a pair of khaki pants.

A damp white towel was found on the closet floor, along with a T-shirt that had fallen from a closet shelf.

[…]

'Very Unusual': What the Murdaugh family housekeeper found the day after Paul and Maggie were killed

[…]

As soon as she walked in the kitchen, she noticed things were different.

The pots from dinner were not on the stove or in the sink, where she was used to finding them the next day. They were stuffed in the fridge with the lids still on top.

By the laundry room, Maggie's pajamas and a pair of underwear were found in the middle of the doorway on the floor, laid neatly. Even more odd, Blanca said, Maggie didn't wear underwear with her pajamas.

In the master bathroom, she said she found a pile of Maggie's clothes by the tub. By the shower on the floor, there was a puddle of water, a towel and a pair of khaki pants.

A damp white towel was found on the closet floor, along with a T-shirt that had fallen from a closet shelf.

[…]

'Very Unusual': What the Murdaugh family housekeeper found the day after Paul and Maggie were killed
Ok gotcha!

My take is: who ever put them there wanted to give the illusion MM did it. They were on the floor next to the tub. As if after the kennels MM was going to have a bath and change into the underware and pj's.
^^rsbbm

Blanca testified that MM left clothes piled on the floor next to the tub but the pj's and underwear were found laid out in the doorway entering the laundry room, and not the bathroom.

Reading at a more relaxed pace today, so still have lots to catch up on, but go Blanca! I really enjoyed the more human side of MM and PM. The wedding ring in the car was interesting. I wonder why the PJs and underwear were laid out?

I have, in the past, watched the McStay famliy's murders, and the Jodi Aries trials, and in both was mislead by small, apparently interesting factoids about the murder sites. In the former, little domestic facts-the eggs were out of the fridge, credit card activity that day-were ultimately not important. Other minor details-the missing futon cover and dirty paint tray-were really critical. It will be interesting to see what will matter to this trial.

I hope to be able to watch her testimony this weekend. Did any of her testimony indicate she thinks Alex is guilty?
I found Blanca to be one of the most credible witnesses to date. She had a professional history working with AM before ever meeting MM. In the end, she appeared to have MM's confidence, and her testimony to me came off as sincere and not trying to take sides.

Being honest about her recollection was sufficient to demonstrate how AM tried to influence her memory as to what he was wearing on June 7. She didn't have to say it -- his actions spoke louder than she could.

Her independent communication with MM also showed MM was lured to return to Moselle on June 7.

It was also clear the murders impacted her and she's grieving the loss of MM and PM. I found her emotion over the deaths of MM/PM more genuine than the husbands.

Surprisingly, Blanca also worked in both the State and Federal prison systems and I think she's since realized that the AM sitting at the defense table is very dangerous. She was only allowed to confirm that she and her police officer husband moved off of the Moselle property on the date of the phony driveby suicide but I wish she was allowed to say that was the moment she knew that AM was responsible for the murders of his family. MOO

ETA: Just as AM used the law firm's runner (Nathan Tuten) to routinely go to the bank to cash checks for AM, this similar check-cashing duty popular with the Murdaughs was assigned to Blanca. However, Blanca shared that MM needed the cash to pay the hired help and we can only speculate what AM was doing with his bank envelopes of cash.

What in the world is this about someone trying to burn down the house on Holly Street?

It never was brought up again. Weird.

At 13:18

Local attorney victim of attempted arson

I knew about the attempted arson but what she said about having to help clean up the accelerant poured through out the home was new. Thought it was just outside.

Local attorney victim of attempted arson

I knew about the attempted arson but what she said about having to help clean up the accelerant poured through out the home was new. Thought it was just outside.
I find it interesting that this contractor allegedly tries to burn down the family home of the son of the most powerful family in the area….yet, the case quietly goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho