SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just hooked it up and towed it to impound with no in depth search.
I'm thinking AM lured CES to roadside scheme intending to either pay him with the ring if he was involved in the scheme or plant it on him if he wasn't involved. AM probably put it there to get it out of his pocket before LE or medical arrived. jmo
Interesting idea but I don't think the value of a wedding band would be sufficient compensation to kill someone. If sounds like what BS found was only the wedding ring (a couple hundred $$) not both her rings. OMO.

Does anyone else find it suspicious that Randy, Alex's brother, was the one who asked Bianca to wash Maggie's car?.......which then led to Bianca finding Maggie's wedding ring underneath the driver's seat (that apparently a professional detective missed after searching)? I certainly do.

I also hear 4 voices on that Snapchat video. Just saying..........
Very interesting take on the wedding band. I was thinking of the possibility that LE did not really search that car (possibly due to the Murdaugh influence). JMO.

I don’t see how the defense can get around the(sound)video of the three of them being at the murder scene. Do you think defense will not address THAT at all? I noticed when it was played for Blanca to identify voices yesterday…AM was looking down and looked whooped for once. He had no nod, cry…just defeat.
The fact alone that AM asked Blanca & her husband to live in his house(mow lawn, feed animals etc) screams that AM knew there was no threat …no murderer(s) still out there!

MOO
I’m so glad she has Maggie’s dog.
Bubba too helped sink AM on that video.
As of now the defense has been avoiding that like the nuclear testing grounds.

There are lots of comments on here casting Alec as a terrible father, husband, employer and friend. I don’t think I’ve heard any testimony that would suggest that prior to the boat wreck, Alec was an evil man. In fact, all who had contact with him, seemed to like him and this whole murder episode shocked them.
It was after the boat wreck, where Maggie claims they were being sued for 30 million when everything changed. Alec went into full squirrel mode, hiding and stealing any money he could get his hands on.
Did the 4.3 million, Satterfield settlement that Alec stole happen after the boat wreck?
Is there record of him stealing prior to the boat wreck?

Last edited:
Her pj’s and underwear were in the doorway of the laundry room, which is WAY stranger than next to a tub!

Perhaps "the stager" wanted to give the appearance that MM had stayed the night before (as he mentioned [a falsehood] in the first SLED car interview) and worn those three items. Going further with the staging, "he" was trying to make it look like BTS had washed them and left them in the doorway where MM would be sure to see them? Agree, it does seem a very strange setup. OMO.

I find all of his insurance claims so odd. I’m his age and have owned plenty of homes. Ive never filed a claim. Ever. Don’t insurance carriers see all of his claims and at some point say hmm… seems to be a pattern here?
As I wrote in a previous comment just now, Alex's great-great grandfather's family most likely started this insurance fraud scheme when he was found dead on the railroad tracks (in his car I think) but was never hit by a train. This is back in the 1920s (?) when people probably just believed one another rather than investigating possible fraud. This family gives me the creeps.

There are lots of comments on here casting Alec as a terrible father, husband, employer and friend. I don’t think I’ve heard any testimony that would suggest that prior to the boat wreck, Alex was an evil man. In fact, all who had contact with him, seemed to like him and this whole murder episode shocked them.
It was after the boat wreck, where Maggie claims they were being sued for 30 million when everything changed. Alec went into full squirrel mode, hiding and stealing any money he could get his hands on.
Did the 4.3 million, Satterfield settlement that Alec stole happen after the boat wreck?
Is there record of him stealing prior to the boat wreck?

Yes. It started in 2005 with the Plyler case. Then we have Hakeem and Natarsha in 2011, Badger in 2013 and on and on and on.

According to what I read in the Greenville newspaper, the train DID hit the car driven by the great great grandfather:

"Engineer W.W. Bartlett testified that he did not see the car near the tracks until about 40 yards away, and that Murdaugh had his hand raised as though waving at the train crew. But when the train drew closer, the car started up and stopped directly on the tracks.

On July 24, 1940, The Hampton County Guardian reported that “the impact hurled the automobile approximately 900 feet up the track, totally wrecking it,” and “Murdaugh’s body was found beside the track approximately 150 feet from the crossing.”

If the financial crimes was disallowed (as it should’ve been imo) then the states case would last 2-3 days from what I’ve seen so far. They don’t have much substantial evidence. The Snapchat video is the most damning evidence so far. It puts him there minutes before the murder and he lied about being there. That’s why prosecutors are playing that every chance they get. Oh and also the interview in the car is pretty damning but some jurors could easily explain that away as shock.

There’s no physical evidence and there’s no evidence so far that he loathed his family. Quite the opposite in fact. The motive evidence is a streeeeetch. The presentation of evidence is disorganized and boring. You can’t afford to be boring when your case is highly circumstantial. The closing argument I predict will be equally bad and rely on character evidence - he’s a bad man so he’s capable of murder. The just verdict is not guilty.

JMO

While this case is circumstantial, through some really strong testimonies, I agree with attorney Eric Bland, there are a lot of pieces coming together like a mosaic to complete the picture (Eric Bland's metaphor in a 10 Feb. Nancy Grace podcast) ... Blanca, Shelly, Tinsley, LE videos, etc. ... they seem to be adding up. Just hope that's how the jury is seeing it. Moo.

Changing topics: I'm surprised we aren't discussing the testimony of Paul's friend and now LE, Nathan Tuten. He was an interesting witness. IMO he seemed hostile to both the prosecution and defense but more toward the defense. OMO.

One thing that confused me was that I thought it was Paul's beige AR to which PM and Loving had added the Ace Hardware site that was missing, and the black AR in evidence, that NT identified as Paul's, was actually Buster's.

Any thoughts on his testimony?

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it suspicious that Randy, Alex's brother, was the one who asked Bianca to wash Maggie's car?.......which then led to Bianca finding Maggie's wedding ring underneath the driver's seat (that apparently a professional detective missed after searching)? I certainly do.

I also hear 4 voices on that Snapchat video. Just saying..........
Yes I find it very odd BS was the one to find MM's wedding ring and not LE. I only hear three voices on that video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay