SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take local media over 'rumors' and conspiracy theories any day. jmo
This so much touches my heart. Local media. I am reminded of hometown reporting from a piece with the late Jerry (Jerome) Nachman of MSNBC years back. Interviewing a local reporter (as I recall when they pulled those 7? miners up might have been the story then?) - Jerry mentioned the local paper, you know…. the one where they printed the school lunch menu in the paper. Miss those days sometimes.

Re the medical info -- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the judge has so far excluded evidence of the road-side shooting (on hearsay grounds when Chris Wilson tried to testify about it I think), so I'm not sure if the jury knows the meaning of it (yet). JMO.
Correct. Blanca too was specifically cautioned before replying to the question -- just sufficient to confirm she moved from Moselle on this date.

I’m sure it has to do with the roadside shooting! JMO
You can see how nervous it made DH.
I was hoping to see the actual text with the time AM asked her for the insurance card, but all I found was this:

View attachment 402206

Since Alex had been fired, if his health insurance was through work, he might have been paying for COBRA, which is always pricey.

I wonder about his health coverage after being fired.

MOO.

If all BS had to do was push the seat forward and she saw it, how could LE have missed it?! I think you may be right and it could have factored into framing someone. Very interesting that the defense didn't use that to needle the investigators about a sloppy search. That makes me wonder and RM being the person asking BS to clean out MM's car. AJMO
I thought the car was towed from the roadside debacle in Sept and RM asked Blanca to pick it up from the impound and that's when she was cleaning it and found the ring. I don't remember that MMs car was searched back in June while at Moselle. moo

Re the medical insurance card -- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the judge has so far excluded evidence of the road-side shooting (on hearsay grounds when Chris Wilson tried to testify about it I think), so I'm not sure if the jury knows the meaning of it (yet). JMO.
You’re correct about it being excluded so far.
I’m trying to find if the Judge ever ruled on it and I find this on February 6. Will keep searching lol

Since Alex had been fired, if his health insurance was through work, he might have been paying for COBRA, which is always pricey.

MOO.
By Law you have coverage until the end of the month proceeding your fire/resignation. You have the option to continue under COBRA for up to 18 months. Yes, it's extremely pricey especially if he covered Maggie and Paul as well. Paul being a full time college student would apply.

MOO

In its Opening Statement the defense admitted that it was Alex in that recording at the kennels. At 17:50 here. At another point in the opening DH seemed to argue that Alex may not have disclosed everything to LE because he was traumatized, unnerved by the questioning, and thought that LE had already made up their minds that he did it the night of murders. JMO.

So do we think he will testify to explain this ‘small problem’ with his statements?

I think the argument would be that the pajamas and underwear were in a dresser or folded clean in the laundry room (meaning she kept clothes at both Moselle and Edisto). When questioned the night of the murders, Alex told LE that Maggie was at Moselle when he left for work that morning. But Maggie's texts, which were admitted into evidence, show that she was not at Moselle that morning -- rather she was in Edisto and Alex asked her to come to Moselle that day. So the speculation is that Alex would have taken her pajamas out of the dresser or the laundry room to make it appear that Maggie was/had actively been staying at Moselle, when in fact she had been Edisto and had only come to Moselle because of Alex's request. This is all just speculation. Also, Blanca testified that it was very unusual for her pajamas to be be found where they were and for there to be underwear with them because MM did not wear underwear with her pjs. JMO.
I don't know about you, but I don't lay out my pajamas until I am ready to put them on or about to take a shower. I also don't put them on the laundry floor, ever. I think if someone might have ADHD, the floor is where they could end up in a hurried moment of distraction, and yet, the doorway? I think that is purposeful. You'd have to step over them to get in or out of the room. I think AM needed Blanca or LE to notice, but not too much, and he overshot the goal. I think the clothing by the shower was staged, too. I think the story it was supposed to tell is look at these clothes without evidence on them, and he tried to slip in a substitute shirt for 'ol seafoam, and the pants. I cannot believe a lawyer would leave the murder clothes on the floor unintentionally, or just hope that Blanca would wash them.

I think there is going to be a tale of a pre-nap shower and clothing change spun by the defense. I think A had a huge panic about the videos after the murder and tried to make sense out of the clothing switcheroo after the fact. I think he spent the 20 minutes at mom's getting in his head about the evidence, and then the trip to collect the gun from the house was his opportunity to place the jammies, etc, as well as explaining the GSR on his hands. If he planned ahead, I don't think he'd plan a bonus trip to the house for nothing- he could have just left the gun in reach at the kennels.

I think he worried about LE showing up while staging or GPS records putting him there, hence the admitted "trip back to the house." The only snag is why didn't he mention the shower to LE? Maybe he knew the clothes would mention it for him? He was pretty transparent in his effort to shape the investigation, though, and that feels a little subtle for him. Either way, he either took a fake shower or a shower he did not mention.

I think AM super-premeditated these murders and the videos and dogs were the wild cards that he could not control. Thank you Cash and Bubba!

Of course, these are just ideas of mine. Just spitballing!

MOO.
We know that AM was fired but I think the public announcement on Monday morning was going to be that he resigned. Nonetheless, he really didn't have to worry about losing his insurance or COBRA for long since he soon became the burden of the taxpayers due to incarceration. JMO

How is it all their properties didn't have security cameras? Was their homeowner's insurance THAT good that they didn't care about losing stuff in a burglary?

What I found really interesting (and perhaps, unrelated) was..... according to what I read/heard or watched, Mallory Beach's family hired a private detective to follow Paul. It was suggested that maybe cameras, like trail cams, were put up around his property surreptitiously. But I suppose if that was true, it didn't capture anything of value.

Does anyone know anything about Paul being tracked on behalf of the Beach family?

I don't know about you, but I don't lay out my pajamas until I am ready to put them on or about to take a shower. I also don't put them on the laundry floor, ever. I think if someone might have ADHD, the floor is where they could end up in a hurried moment of distraction, and yet, the doorway? I think that is purposeful. You'd have to step over them to get in or out of the room. I think AM needed Blanca or LE to notice, but not too much, and he overshot the goal. I think the clothing by the shower was staged, too. I think the story it was supposed to tell is look at these clothes without evidence on them, and he tried to slip in a substitute shirt for 'ol seafoam, and the pants. I cannot believe a lawyer would leave the murder clothes on the floor unintentionally, or just hope that Blanca would wash them.

I think there is going to be a tale of a pre-nap shower and clothing change spun by the defense. I think A had a huge panic about the videos after the murder and tried to make sense out of the clothing switcheroo after the fact. I think he spent the 20 minutes at mom's getting in his head about the evidence, and then the trip to collect the gun from the house was his opportunity to place the jammies, etc, as well as explaining the GSR on his hands. If he planned ahead, I don't think he'd plan a bonus trip to the house for nothing- he could have just left the gun in reach at the kennels.

I think he worried about LE showing up while staging or GPS records putting him there, hence the admitted "trip back to the house." The only snag is why didn't he mention the shower to LE? Maybe he knew the clothes would mention it for him? He was pretty transparent in his effort to shape the investigation, though, and that feels a little subtle for him. Either way, he either took a fake shower or a shower he did not mention.

I think AM super-premeditated these murders and the videos and dogs were the wild cards that he could not control. Thank you Cash and Bubba!

Of course, these are just ideas of mine. Just spitballing!
Some of my favorite testimony from Blanca was about the designated storage locations for AM's clothes: closet shelf for casual, logo t-shirts, bottom bureau drawer for going to town (weekend) short pants, and the drawer above for the old and worn-out short pants.

And knowing the clothes and shoes on his back (and feet) would be confiscated by LE for testing, of course, AM was sure to dress from his easily disposable or well-worn wardrobe -- and not from his Vineyard Vines collection. :rolleyes:

AM didn't rise early enough to pull anything over Ms. Blanca (or @Cindizzi, @Megnut, @Warwick7, ++). MOO

ETA: Another shout-out to Blanca for some much-needed clarification (for posting purposes) about PM's trucks: the white truck PM exchanged with John Marvin that JMM left on the side of the road broken down late at night on June 7 was the F-150, and Dolly the F-250.

Last edited:
I thought the car was towed from the roadside debacle in Sept and RM asked Blanca to pick it up from the impound and that's when she was cleaning it and found the ring. I don't remember that MMs car was searched back in June while at Moselle. moo
The victim's car not searched? It must have been. That's why it was in impound no?

Fair enough, I take back my comments about Alec being a ‘nice’ guy prior to the boat wreck.

In the category of Alex's bad parenting (and Maggie has full responsibility here as well), I'll place them knowingly buying/providing alcohol to Paul (and likely Buster as well) and his friends while underaged, knowingly allowing Paul to use their credit card to buy alcohol underage, and A&M knowing that Paul regularly drank and drove the boat while drunk even prior to the boat crash and yet continuing to provide him with access to alcohol.

How is it all their properties didn't have security cameras? Was their homeowner's insurance THAT good that they didn't care about losing stuff in a burglary?

What I found really interesting (and perhaps, unrelated) was..... according to what I read/heard or watched, Mallory Beach's family hired a private detective to follow Paul. It was suggested that maybe cameras, like trail cams, were put up around his property surreptitiously. But I suppose if that was true, it didn't capture anything of value.

Does anyone know anything about Paul being tracked on behalf of the Beach family?
Yes. Very interesting.
If our family home had once been torched by a raging contractor…and

Our housekeeper had fallen to her death, resulting in a civil suit…and

My son had killed a very popular young girl by drivjng his boat drunk…and

My son was receiving threats and my wife felt hostility from the community….and

And my profession involved suing people that might become enraged at my win…and

Gee Whiz, I think I’d get a few cameras and top notch security system.

Well, unless there were things I was doing, that I did not ever want seen on any camera.

No he laid them out on the floor where the threshold of the laundry room is, like MM had already worn them and they were ready to be laundered. BS said the pj's were laid out, not folded and a pair of unused underwear, opened up but with the folds still in them so hadn't been worn, were on top of the pj's. According to BS MM never left her dirty clothes there nor did she wear undies with her pj's. It seemed to me that AM wanted it to make itclook like MM had stayed there when she had not. She'd been staying at Edisto beach house.
OK that makes more sense. I was thinking they were all folded neatly in a pile, and I also thought people were saying he wanted to make it look like she was planning on spending the night THAT night, but maybe he was trying to make it look like she was there the night before (or several nights before)?

If the housekeeper/friend knew she didn't wear underwear to bed, you would think AM would know that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en