SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the cooler questions/point? Owens said it was there Monday night, right? Did I mishear? I thought Meadors was trying to imply the cooler was used to transport bloody wet clothes. I’m lost.
You heard right. Yes, implying cooler was used to transport clothes. Something about CB Rowe seeing the cooler.

State is desperate. Speculation upon speculation. They got in the roadside incident. Smh.
I don't see it as desperate. For many of us we think this is part of the case. The timing of it and the events, his lying, making up a fake person that shot him, etc.. This is who he is and how he tries to manipulate stories and events to get his way and derail the investigation into his wife and son being murdered and also to distract from his financial misdeeds. It is now allowed because the defense brought it up. I don't see it as desperate, the door was opened and it is relevant to this case so they walked through it.

Can someone explain the cooler questions/point? Owens said it was there Monday night, right? Did I mishear? I thought Meadors was trying to imply the cooler was used to transport bloody wet clothes. I’m lost.
He was trying to say that CB Rowe saw it on Friday night but it was gone on Monday (I think)

Defense objected for hearsay and Judge sustained so shut him down

JMO

And we're all remembering the LOUD sound of a hose going at the kennels in PM's Snapchat, right? Thinking that *maybe* AM washed off at the kennels (after all, he was a trial attorney, and KNOWS how important it is to execute search warrants for...evidence; thus, far be it from AM to go washing up inside the house at Moselle...).

By the way, does anyone recall from Miss Shelly's testimony: Did she ever mention having heard AM showering during his unusual 15-20-minute visit the night of June 7, 2021? (I don't recall that, but just thought I'd ask...)

It's fairly obvious by now that the weapons used to commit the two murders were tossed, orrrrr... Were they placed in a very weird place, where no one would ever find them? (I have read that per various comments, but...have no idea if that is true.)

And we're all remembering the LOUD sound of a hose going at the kennels in PM's Snapchat, right? Thinking that *maybe* AM washed off at the kennels (after all, he was a trial attorney, and KNOWS how important it is to execute search warrants for...evidence; thus, far be it from AM to go washing up inside the house at Moselle...).

By the way, does anyone recall from Miss Shelly's testimony: Did she ever mention having heard AM showering during his unusual 15-20-minute visit the night of June 7, 2021? (I don't recall that, but just thought I'd ask...)

It's fairly obvious by now that the weapons used to commit the two murders were tossed, orrrrr... Were they placed in a very weird place, where no one would ever find them? (I have read that per various comments, but...have no idea if that is true.)
He was an ambulance chaser attorney, personal injury basically, and perhaps some Real Estate cases...Lawyers often know many other types as well, sometimes within the same Firm. If he committed these crimes, I'd bet he planned it well, and knew where he would hide or dispose of the guns used.

You heard right. Yes, implying cooler was used to transport clothes. Something about CB Rowe seeing the cooler.
Oh, CB saw the cooler? Owens DID NOT see it the night of the murder? Is that right?

Griffin finishes his cross-examination. We move on to Meadors' redirect.

Now Judge Newman allows prosecutors to bring in the September 2021 roadside shooting. Meadors asked for this just a bit ago, arguing Griffin’s questioning of Owen about Curtis Smith and a drug gang had opened up the door for this.

Owen testifies that before 9/4/21, AM never mentioned any other specific suspects for the 6/7/21 slayings. He never mentioned the Cowboy gang or Curtis Edward Smith. Smith only came into the picture after the September shooting.

Prosecutors have some damning stuff - Murdaugh’s Big Lie, the dog kennel video, the missing clothes, the matching .300 Blackout shells. But a lack of evidence is also forcing them to theorize - rather than prove - when, how and where Murdaugh covered up his alleged involvement.

On final questioning of one of the state's final witnesses, we're now hearing - for the first time, I think - a theory from Meadors about Murdaugh using a cooler to hide evidence at Almeda on the night of the slayings. (I think)

Meadors closes his questioning, basically shouting: Did Alex ever mention anybody else who could have killed my wife and my son on June 7, 2021? “Did he ever mention anybody else?” Owen: “No.”

Griffin rises to recross Owen. First question: “Is it police procedure that the suspect of your investigation is supposed to solve the crime?” Owen. “No, it’s not.”

Meadors snaps at Harpootlian for laughing at his rhetorical question about whether AM suggested to law enforcement that they search Almeda. Harpootlian stood and said Meadors is supposed to address the witness, not him. “If I found the question humorous, I’m sorry.”

Owen is done for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member