SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had hopes Buster would carry on family name and become a lawyer I believe.

Yeah, probably, so he could use Buster to save his *advertiser censored* when he was 85 and still up to his neck in crimes. Imo.

Also wonder if Buster was more likely to tow the line/follow (family) marching orders/etc. (Older child sense of responsibility vs. wild child ways of youngest/baby child.)

All MOO and IMO.

I may have jumped to conclusions and had missed something. But why were PM’s calls after TOD not in his regular extraction? When the calls in AM’s were not in his extraction, but only the cdr’s I got the impression that was because AM had deleted them off his phone, but how could that happen on PM’s. Are phone calls able to be deleted from the home screen without unlocking (so no passcode actually needed) or did I miss the explanation?

Example at -1:25:29 at 10:34 Nolan tuten call to PMWATCH LIVE: Murdaugh Family Murders — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Day 18
PM's phone was dead. Do phones record incoming calls or texts when battery is dead?

Inheritance is not community property, so whatever he inherited from his dad would have been all his. More than likely, though, the inheritance would have gone to Alex’s mother, and he would inherit when she died.

Thank you so much. I suspect that Alex would still have been expected to share with Maggie and the kids in some way (but it would have been entirely up to him). Now I'm wondering wha sort of estate his dad and mom did leave and whether he has spent all of it on lawyers.

If it all went to mom, well, mom is still alive, AFAIK. I wonder who is in charge of her affairs at this point.

Speculation and pondering.

To my knowledge, there's nothing in the SC statute prohibiting jurors from taking notes, and pens and notebooks were available here.

I shared my personal juror experience earlier which might be similar in this case: Judge told us the law provided jurors could take notes and he was using his discretion to let us decide whether or not we wanted to take notes with the instruction that the decision had to be unanimous. Judge explained his reason for all or nothing is to avoid a situation where the juror(s) without notes suddenly wants to rely on the notes and/or influence of the note-taking juror, upsetting the balance during deliberations. MOO
We had the option as well when I was a juror on a murder case a long spell back.

I thought LE (SLED?) said they didn't even contact GM to ask because GM usually doesn't answer back on that kind of stuff. So they didn't even try. (At least as I remember. I've just been reading summaries/overviews at the end of each day.) Am I misremembering that??? (I'm thinking the other part of it may be the Murdaugh influence factor so why even *really* try, kwim?)

But, someone at GM must have been paying attention & got things rolling & finished quickly. I think this was the piece that was needed. Thank you to the person at GM who came through with this info, even though it was down to the wire.

MOO.

I believe it was the FBI guy who testified to that

I feel like the judge could use his discretion to have them elect their own foreperson if he wanted to, with the parties’ agreement. I find it odd to force a juror to be foreperson and to impose the decision on the jury as opposed to them naturally deciding it themselves based on personality, group dynamic etc.
IMO, the Judge has been around the block in this 14th district and knows what, if any, shenanigans may affect juries and therefore, appointing the foreman himself tends to limit the possibilities. IRRC, Judge N wondered aloud who and/or what gave them the idea they could elect their own foreman....I wonder about that too.

It looks like dinner was about ~8:20ish to 8:30ish. Fast eaters!

So how long did he actually spend with Paul riding around?
Alec didn’t get home until 6:42pm.
Paul got there about 7:04pm?

So from 7:04ish to 8:15? The “goodbye Paul” ride. :(
During police interviews, without ever giving the actual time -- AM wanted to sell investigators a story that he left work early on Monday because Paul was coming home.

Investigators continued to challenge AM about his schedule on Monday during each interview and in the last interview, AM finally committed that his time with PM driving the Moselle property was more than 20 minutes but less than 2 hours. AM was a lying madman from the get-go. JMO

From 9:56:57 to 10:06:57 AM's phone shows 231 steps...iPhone data

At 10:00:30 AM's car turns into Moselle...Onstar

So AM is stepping, according to his iPhone at (rounded up 3 sec) 9:57...while he's driving his car still...according to Onstar data?

Why does #AlexMurdaugh need to be driving 80mph coming back from visiting his mom? What is the rush to get back to the bodies of Maggie and Paul? Doesn't make sense.
He may be concerned that Rogan, because Paul isn't returning his call, will come over and find the scene before Alex gets there so he can be the one. It would ruin his narrative if he wasn't the one to discover the carnage. jmo

Can't imagine how the jury can comprehend and recall all the OnStar and phone data evidence without taking notes. Hope jurors aren't shell shocked from all the confusing technical testimony.
Waters will tell the story in closing. Jurors will remember as he makes each point. Most of all jurors will remember their own thoughts and feelings hearing the story again and conclude there is no other person with means, opportunity and motive. Reasonable doubt is overrated, IMO.

Have you given any thought as to why Buster wasn’t killed also? Was he daddy’s favorite?

I've never been able to think of any theory. Perhaps Alex thought of Buster as much less trouble than Paul, and maybe Paul was Maggie's favorite, but that's all I got. Somehow, Alex's mind conceived of killing these two people. I do think that when Alex said "Killer had been thinking about it a long time" he meant, "From time to time, it popped into my head that I wish Maggie were dead...and I wish Paul had never been born and I wish Paul were dead" (and this was accompanied by various violent fantasies.

If most of his anger was directed at Maggie and Paul, then maybe not enough left over for Buster.

All opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members