SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO:

IANAL, but I suppose that if the elder Murdaugh had a standard division of his heritable property, AM would have received a large amount. I think it's possible that in many states, that would then be treated as community property (monies coming to one partner in the marriage while still married, divided equally upon divorce - as with retirement funds, etc).

But I don't know. Maybe someone knowledgeable about this aspect will weigh in - I bet it's been discussed here before. You make a very good point. If he realized his dad truly was dying, then he didn't have time to divorce and he wanted ALL of his half. Even if it was eventually not considered community property, Maggie could surely have tied him up in court over it for a long time.

What an amazing web of intertwining reasons for him to murder his family (Buster is lucky to have gotten out alive). We see almost every one of the Big Red Flags that research shows are related to family annihilation triggers.
Have you given any thought as to why Buster wasn’t killed also? Was he daddy’s favorite?

Not sure why I haven't thought of this before.. if Blanca found the wet towel and the kakhi's the next day then maybe he showered much much later. She arrived the following day to find that. This wasn't found right after the murders. Maybe Alex goes up to change at dinner time. Takes the Kakhi's off and puts on shorts. Then returns downstairs that accounts for Kakhi's on the floor. Who knows what he put on at this time, but it doesn't matter because those clothes are likely missing. I think Alex had extra clothing in his car as he mentioned wanting the car back because it had clothing and golf clubs in it he needed. I think the clothing he had on when police arrive was the clothing he had in his car to change into quick. I don't think he showered in that house during any of this time. I think that wet towel could have came from sometime after he gave his clothing to police.

Am I remembering correctly that there were notebooks and pens available, but that no one wanted to take notes?

IMO
To my knowledge, there's nothing in the SC statute prohibiting jurors from taking notes, and pens and notebooks were available here.

I shared my personal juror experience earlier which might be similar in this case: Judge told us the law provided jurors could take notes and he was using his discretion to let us decide whether or not we wanted to take notes with the instruction that the decision had to be unanimous. Judge explained his reason for all or nothing is to avoid a situation where the juror(s) without notes suddenly wants to rely on the notes and/or influence of the note-taking juror, upsetting the balance during deliberations. MOO

I had to go watch the beginning of the day after I saw posts of what a bad mood DH was in…boy was he ever!! Have to say, this agent held his own with DH’s rude remarks.

Can’t imagine living with this rude old man.

DH was even arguing with the judge when he sustained an objection.

This may have been answered already? GM notified the Prosecution over the weekend, past they had gotten the info off of Alex's Suburban. No reason why they did not get it last year when asked. Mr. Waters thinks someone watching the show may have been responsible for getting the ball rolling? Is what I remember being said Monday morning.

I thought LE (SLED?) said they didn't even contact GM to ask because GM usually doesn't answer back on that kind of stuff. So they didn't even try. (At least as I remember. I've just been reading summaries/overviews at the end of each day.) Am I misremembering that??? (I'm thinking the other part of it may be the Murdaugh influence factor so why even *really* try, kwim?)

But, someone at GM must have been paying attention & got things rolling & finished quickly. I think this was the piece that was needed. Thank you to the person at GM who came through with this info, even though it was down to the wire.

MOO.

No AM deleted calls and texts frim his phone, not PM
I may have jumped to conclusions and had missed something. But why were PM’s calls after TOD not in his regular extraction? When the calls in AM’s were not in his extraction, but only the cdr’s I got the impression that was because AM had deleted them off his phone, but how could that happen on PM’s. Are phone calls able to be deleted from the home screen without unlocking (so no passcode actually needed) or did I miss the explanation?

Example at -1:25:29 at 10:34 Nolan tuten call to PMWATCH LIVE: Murdaugh Family Murders — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Day 18

I thought LE (SLED?) said they didn't even contact GM to ask because GM usually doesn't answer back on that kind of stuff. So they didn't even try. (At least as I remember. I've just been reading summaries/overviews at the end of each day.) Am I misremembering that??? (I'm thinking the other part of it may be the Murdaugh influence factor so why even *really* try, kwim?)

But, someone at GM must have been paying attention & got things rolling & finished quickly. I think this was the piece that was needed. Thank you to the person at GM who came through with this info, even though it was down to the wire.

MOO.
You may be right? I thought they just never heard back from GM? I just know they got the info last weekend. So last minute witness. Info they would not have had without doors being opened and the trial lasting longer than expected. I will go back and check, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6