SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering now if the blue raincoat (that the housekeeper didn't recognize, nor was it seemingly the right size for AM) was something AM snagged at the law office to use for this purpose (hide/cover guns while taking them to dispose of)? Lots of offices have a lost and found box and people rarely come back to claim their stuff, could have been something snagged from the box that day or a bit earlier in anticipation of using it to shield what he's carrying from prying eyes. (Bonus might be that someone else's dna would be on it.) MOO.

Lucky for him.

Unlucky for Maggie and Paul.

Maggie should be rebuilding her life from the mess he made, making it her best life.

Paul should be facing the consequences of the fatal boat accident, living sober while serving his sentence, finding a way to do some good in the world. Prison service dog ministry....

Alec stole that from both of them. Their lives didn't matter. To him.

JMO
Their lives had to end to serve his means. IDK how he can look any of his family members in the eye and pretend he's innocent.

He knew the vehicle info would reveal stuff. If you recall, when talking to LE, he said “when you get my vehicle info back, it’ll help” (paraphrasing). Thus, he didn’t drive his car to the kennels to murder them.

But I don’t think he knew how much his phone could track or the extent to which onstar could collect details.

Twenty seconds to find the bodies, check their pulses and call 911? Right.

Where are the weapons used and the bloody clothes??
My guess: into the woods at Almeda.

Then came home and showered and changed again.

JMO

Question on the timing of the murders. WE know the boat case had a hearing later that week. We know Alex requested this line of credit increase just a few days before. We know the day of he asked for info about his 401K. We know he found out his dad was dying that day also. Was there some benefit to him to have Maggie and Paul dead before his dad died? We know Maggie was fond of Alex's dad. Was Maggie and/or Paul in Alex dads will? Would them being dead leave those assets to Alex instead of them?

Why does #AlexMurdaugh need to be driving 80mph coming back from visiting his mom? What is the rush to get back to the bodies of Maggie and Paul? Doesn't make sense.
I’ve posted before here that I am suspicious of coordination when I see multiple critical things happening at 15 minutes times on the clock (15 minutes after the hour, 30 minutes after, 45 minutes after, and on the hour). if AM was coordinating with others, he may have been running slightly behind planned times. Thus the high speeds to and from the Almeda house. There may have been a coordinated plan for AM to be back and to make the 911 call at 10 pm.

I had earlier suggested that MM’s phone may have been used by conspirators to signal each other. AM texted MM both when he left Moselle as well as when he was returning, and those texts would light up her screen as they came in.

Also, there is the interruption of the 911 call (before emergency responders had even arrived at the property) to “call family” 17 minutes into the call. Was that call to family supposed to happen at 10:15 Rather than at 10:23, and was it to establish alibi for another family member?

It is also notable that the first two attempts to reach RM4 failed and then when AM called RM4’s wife’s cellphone, RM4 had returned and could take the call. RM4 was inconsistently reported in newspapers to have been “out shooting” and to have been “with his dogs” when AM had earlier attempted to reach him by cellphone.

According to this last witness, it also sounds like the calls from AM to RM4 were deleted from both devices.

Also, it was interesting that the SLED agent who conducted the phone interview of AM asked whether RM4 knew about the roadside shooting In advance. They may have since resolved any such suspicions, but it appears that at least in early September, LE was concerned that something was hinky was going on and that it involved more family members than just AM.

Hanging over all of this was the terminal condition of RM3 At the time of the murders.

Question on the timing of the murders. WE know the boat case had a hearing later that week. We know Alex requested this line of credit increase just a few days before. We know the day of he asked for info about his 401K. We know he found out his dad was dying that day also. Was there some benefit to him to have Maggie and Paul dead before his dad died? We know Maggie was fond of Alex's dad. Was Maggie and/or Paul in Alex dads will? Would them being dead leave those assets to Alex instead of them?
I can sooo see this factoring into AM thinking...more money for me.

He knew the vehicle info would reveal stuff. If you recall, when talking to LE, he said “when you get my vehicle info back, it’ll help” (paraphrasing). Thus, he didn’t drive his car to the kennels to murder them.

But I don’t think he knew how much his phone could track or the extent to which onstar could collect details.

Twenty seconds to find the bodies, check their pulses and call 911? Right.

Where are the weapons used and the bloody clothes??

Thinking at almeda, moved after that night.

I think AM pretty much counted on the shield of invincibility that his generational family heritage gave him. In his mind, nobody would really investigate because of the strong family influence in the area. (It may have shielded or protected them in the past from other suspicious deaths. IMO.) And I think the family influence did buy him time because I think LE was still deferential to a point. As a lawyer, he knew that he would be a "suspect" from being the husband/dad, as well as being the ones to report the deaths. But, he figured he wouldn't be thoroughly investigated and probably thought that tossing out ideas like retaliation for boat death/accident would be good enough to keep it in the SODDI/nebulous "bad guy" territory forever and ever.

I think the only thing the defense can reasonably argue at this point is that LE overlooked a lot of stuff/didn't test certain things/made more allowances (lots of people at Moselle the next day, for example) than might normally be given, etc.

Regardless, all the evidence points straight to AM.

Really have to wonder how many more family skeletons are in the closet, waiting either to be further/better hidden or fall out into the light of day.

MOO.

It looks like dinner was about ~8:20ish to 8:30ish. Fast eaters!

So how long did he actually spend with Paul riding around?
Alec didn’t get home until 6:42pm.
Paul got there about 7:04pm?

So from 7:04ish to 8:15? The “goodbye Paul” ride. :(

I’ve posted before here that I am suspicious of coordination when I see multiple critical things happening at 15 minutes times on the clock (15 minutes after the hour, 30 minutes after, 45 minutes after, and on the hour). if AM was coordinating with others, he may have been running slightly behind planned times. Thus the high speeds to and from the Almeda house. There may have been a coordinated plan for AM to be back and to make the 911 call at 10 pm.

I had earlier suggested that MM’s phone may have been used by conspirators to signal each other. AM texted MM both when he left Moselle as well as when he was returning, and those texts would light up her screen as they came in.

Also, there is the interruption of the 911 call (before emergency responders had even arrived at the property) to “call family” 17 minutes into the call. Was that call to family supposed to happen at 10:15 Rather than at 10:23, and was it to establish alibi for another family member?

It is also notable that the first two attempts to reach RM4 failed and then when AM called RM4’s wife’s cellphone, RM4 had returned and could take the call. RM4 was inconsistently reported in newspapers to have been “out shooting” and to have been “with his dogs” when AM had earlier attempted to reach him by cellphone.

According to this last witness, it also sounds like the calls from AM to RM4 were deleted from both devices.

Also, it was interesting that the SLED agent who conducted the phone interview of AM asked whether RM4 knew about the roadside shooting In advance. They may have since resolved any such suspicions, but it appears that at least in early September, LE was concerned that something was hinky was going on and that it involved more family members than just AM.

Hanging over all of this was the terminal condition of RM3 At the time of the murders.

I’m totally confused about what you are explaining but I’d like to understand it. Can you put it in tech for dummies terms? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn