SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do agree for if one doesn't feel comfortable taking on that role, shouldn't be forced.
I doubt Judge Newman forced this role on the foreman. My guess would be he took her aside and made sure she felt okay about it. He may have wanted someone with a certain vocational experience, background, or some other quality. I totally trust him. He has done this long enough to have his reasons. OMO.

Is Alex 6 3'? I thought he was 6 5'. Either way he is a big dude and was much heavier at the time of the murders.
Try to get a mind picture of him at 70 steps per minute hosing himself down with cold well water, throwing wet clothes in a cooler, wrapping the weapons in the rain coat, and cleaning up other evidence (did he have to run back to the house, too?).

Seventy steps per minute is more than one step a second. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Well how much training could it possibly require to use a rectal thermometer or to use the armpit method he ended up using? Too bad the job doesn't require much more than that. I mean seeing as these were murders, it would be nice if he thought to actually do the rectal temp to get the most precise temp. Not hard to look around and see a family member found them so maybe it will be very important to have a more exact time, especially since rigor hadn't set in and even 30mins-1 hour time could be a huge piece of evidence to know in this case.

A person with no medical training ought not to be trying to determine time of death, IMO.

His job was to determine manner of death (and it surely wasn't a mutual suicide - no guns lying around and it wasn't an accident) It was rather obviously two homicides. And that's all he should have said.

IMO.

Try to get a mind picture of him at 70 steps per minute hosing himself down with cold well water, throwing wet clothes in a cooler, wrapping the weapons in the rain coat, and cleaning up other evidence (did he have to run back to the house, too?).

Seventy steps per minute is more than one step a second. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I can get a picture of him shooting his son with a shotgun and the his wife with his custom made rifle. No problem. He’s the killer.

I doubt Judge Newman forced this role on the foreman. My guess would be he took her aside and made sure she felt okay about it. He may have wanted someone with a certain vocational experience, background, or some other quality. I totally trust him. He has done this long enough to have his reasons. OMO.
In discussing the email from the jurors, Judge Newman was clear that he always chooses the foreperson and this case was no different. He left it by stating he knows it's done differently in other places but not in his courtroom.

Was he rushing back to Moselle because he wanted to find the bodies in case someone else showed up like CB Rowe (he tried to call him)?

Maybe he realized he forgot something back at Moselle that he needed to take care of?
Notice his second fastest step rate was during a time (10.18 - 10.28) shortly before he could have expect LE to show up. He was probably running around double checking his cleanup.

In short, where one is first convicted (federal vs state) is where one serves time.

See: https://www.cga.ct.gov/2008/rpt/2008-R-0565.htm
Thanks for the link @AugustWest. :)

It answered another question for me about transferring the inmate at the completion of one sentence.

From the quoted link:

Similarly, if the judge in the second case imposes a longer sentence in the second case than did the judge in the first case, the prisoner will be transferred between prison systems. For example, if an individual is initially sentenced to a 10-year term in state court and is subsequently sentenced to a 15-year term in federal court, he or she will be transferred from state to federal prison upon completing his or her initial sentence.

A person with no medical training ought not to be trying to determine time of death, IMO.

His job was to determine manner of death (and it surely wasn't a mutual suicide - no guns lying around and it wasn't an accident) It was rather obviously two homicides. And that's all he should have said.

IMO.
Meanwhile DH was trying to get him to state based on arm pit heat the deaths could have been btwn 8pm and 10pm. Killing me.

I was just thinking about the female (and males too, I guess) members of AM's extended family. As an example, if my husband was one of AM's brothers and he still believed him after everything that's been said so far, I don't know how I could deal with it.

And if he is found NG, then what do you do knowing that there is no way he is not guilty. How do family get togethers go?

I think the reason this came to my mind is because a reporter yesterday said one of AM's SIL's looked mad at what she was hearing. Like she didn't believe AM now and did before.

Well how much training could it possibly require to use a rectal thermometer or to use the armpit method he ended up using? Too bad the job doesn't require much more than that. I mean seeing as these were murders, it would be nice if he thought to actually do the rectal temp to get the most precise temp. Not hard to look around and see a family member found them so maybe it will be very important to have a more exact time, especially since rigor hadn't set in and even 30mins-1 hour time could be a huge piece of evidence to know in this case.
Yes it would be something to know.

I may have missed it..was he questioned if he wore gloves when examining them? Was he questioned about the temp that night? Was he questioned about the time it takes for a body to cool when it's 79 degrees and 89 percent humidity?

Question regarding the armpit method, has anyone ever seen any forensic medical papers written on the effects of antiperspirants and deodorants (those containing aluminum and those without) on deceased body cooling.

Did somebody say Let’s Rock and Roll ?!

[…]
If Waters comes off as obsessive about his job, you should see the work he puts into his rock-and-roll alter ego.

Waters has played guitar for decades, a fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden in his youth before graduating to the more mainstream Rolling Stones and Drive-By Truckers.

For a few years until recently, he was the lead guitarist of Sole Purpose, a Columbia cover band that performs at weddings, parties and restaurants.

YouTube and Facebook are sprinkled with videos of Waters shredding solos at gigs or hourslong practice sessions, having swapped his suit and tie for a T-shirt and shorts.

Waters awed his bandmates with his ability to quickly learn new songs by ear, just as his colleagues at work marvel at his encyclopedic recall of facts and case law during court hearings.

Waters never talked about his cases with the band, due to the strict secrecy rules around state grand jury proceedings. But they could see how music helped him blow off steam from his day job.

That energy came out in his guitar work,” said Bennett, the band’s lead singer and Waters’ childhood friend. “He would channel it in his solos.”

Waters stepped away from Sole Purpose about two years ago as the band’s popularity grew and his work became more demanding, friends say.

That was around the time the state grand jury’s Murdaugh investigations began to heat up.
[…]

IMO.
I agree that a coroner should have some medical experience and don't think it fair to assume Richard Harvey did not have any medical training. His resume shouldn't be discounted. JMO

Did somebody say Let’s Rock and Roll ?!

[…]
If Waters comes off as obsessive about his job, you should see the work he puts into his rock-and-roll alter ego.

Waters has played guitar for decades, a fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden in his youth before graduating to the more mainstream Rolling Stones and Drive-By Truckers.

For a few years until recently, he was the lead guitarist of Sole Purpose, a Columbia cover band that performs at weddings, parties and restaurants.

YouTube and Facebook are sprinkled with videos of Waters shredding solos at gigs or hourslong practice sessions, having swapped his suit and tie for a T-shirt and shorts.

Waters awed his bandmates with his ability to quickly learn new songs by ear, just as his colleagues at work marvel at his encyclopedic recall of facts and case law during court hearings.

Waters never talked about his cases with the band, due to the strict secrecy rules around state grand jury proceedings. But they could see how music helped him blow off steam from his day job.

That energy came out in his guitar work,” said Bennett, the band’s lead singer and Waters’ childhood friend. “He would channel it in his solos.”

Waters stepped away from Sole Purpose about two years ago as the band’s popularity grew and his work became more demanding, friends say.

That was around the time the state grand jury’s Murdaugh investigations began to heat up.
[…]

Link in the above story.

Not sure if anyone has floated this version of the “motive” but I started thinking maybe the immediate Murdaugh family of 4 was starting to fracture into 2 camps - AM&BM versus MM&PM. AM feeling his authority is being encroached on by MM and PM snooping into his pill stash and calling him out. MM is really upset and increasingly worried about the boat case, the community shunning, the possibility of her youngest (always the baby even as an adult) going to prison for a significant portion of his life, and the looming financial exposure of the wrongful death civil cases. The “what’s for dinner” emails between MM and PM really struck and saddened me because it shows at the end of the day Paul just wants to see his mom and have a home cooked meal. Now this is totally speculation, but MM has 2 problems to solve - 1) husband on drugs, more awareness on her part about finances, concern she isn’t in the loop about the real state of affairs financially and 2) AM’s financial and drug distractions are impairing his ability, in her mind, to solve the “what to do about Paul’s” legal situation. Normally she would stay in her lane when it came to legal matters, but she starts to stray into AM’s territory. MM is taking Blanca and her sister into confidence. Maybe MM was on the verge of trying to take over control of the finances and Paul’s legal situation in a very non-Murdaugh fashion - with honesty and possible admissions of guilt, contrition or responsibility. As a mom, you would do anything to protect your child, but AM was acting recklessly. Again speculation- but if MM in the role of more responsible parent is making noise about trying to settle the civil case, liquidating property assets, and maybe thinking about a plea in the criminal case, this threatens the Murdaugh dynasty which is on the brink of being under AM’s “watch” with his dad dying. AM cannot risk MM inserting herself into matters that should be left the men in the succession of the legacy. The pill research and texts show PM and MM were outing him which with AM’s personality type starts to feel very, very threatening; so much so AM is going into self-preservation mode; is there an “intervention” in the works. This is an existential threat that unfortunately calls for drastic measures. His wife is becoming “the enemy” with her prying and the youngest, detective, is enabling her; so those 2 are acting in concert in a very non-Murdaugh manner. MM is acting normal so as not to tip off a confrontation with AM that may be coming. Weighing his options, AM rationalizes that the oldest son has to be the one to survive, so he has to protect Buster at the expense of Paul. And sadly MM is way out of her lane, how dare she, and well, he doesn’t have a choice. The Murdaugh’s are a southern variation of the mob, and killing within one’s family, in the name of loyalty to the dynasty family, is one’s duty in that twisted paradigm.

All speculation - but looking at it as AM & Buster versus MM & Paul kind of struck me today.

I was just thinking about the female (and males too, I guess) members of AM's extended family. As an example, if my husband was one of AM's brothers and he still believed him after everything that's been said so far, I don't know how I could deal with it.

And if he is found NG, then what do you do knowing that there is no way he is not guilty. How do family get togethers go?

I think the reason this came to my mind is because a reporter yesterday said one of AM's SIL's looked mad at what she was hearing. Like she didn't believe AM now and did before.
This reminds me of Law and Crime reporter sitting near his sister, LMG, in the courtroom, and overheard who she suspected was one of her children asking LMG if she was aware of details being given during the testimony on Thursday and she replied, 'no.'

I do think it's been somewhat of an awakening for some of them -- especially since they've seldom been held accountable! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298