SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your input here is invaluable. Appreciate the explanation. Unfortunately, I suspect that you gained much law from your own experience that none of us ever want that for ourselves.
Life experiences for sure. I also studied Criminal Justice/Psychology/Sociology, but years ago, and sadly, I have known of Murders from friends in addition to my own family. Also have family/friends in Law, and try to stay observant.
While Laws change, human nature stays the same.
It saddens me that there are so many angry, hate filled people in society. We need more kind Givers overall.

Wait.... is this new witness a medical examiner? But, no medical degree? How the heck... What is his education?
Did he stay at a Holiday Inn?

ETA: Aha, I stand a bit corrected, I see now he is a coroner.... but, still... they didn't state his education/credentials....
You don't have to have a Medical License to be a coroner in SC. It's an elected position, go figure.

Except for flunking out of USC law program for plagiarism. Of course he and dear ole' Dad were on the jailhouse tapes discussing who to get money to in order to get him back in the program.

This family is unbelievable in its sense of entitlement. Nothing is off limits in their way of thinking.

MOO
Paul was finding/hiding AM's Drugs, working with Mom, which threatened AM(in his own mind), as Addicts feel Fight or Flight when their Stash/Resource, etc are threatened in any way. He was angry and scared, did not want to admit or change his behavior, as it had worked for him for years.

If I heard correctly, they proved that Maggie's phone was moving at ~40 mph at the same time as the Suburban was moving ~40 mph and at the same location. Correct?
I didn't hear that (although I might have missed it).
I saw that they showed where Maggie's phone was located and mentioned how fast AM's car was going as it drove past that point. Which means he didn't stop to throw it out the window, but would have thrown it while driving by.
The speed stats came from OnStar, That isn't cellphone info. I don't know that they could determine 'how fast Maggie's phone was going'. They just knew if it was on or off and if any steps were being taken while someone held it.

And Paul was doing a kind deed for a friend. His last act. We get to see a side of him that wasn't irresponsible or out of control.
Agree. For years, all we had to go on was PM's partying ways where he'd become abusive and offensive while drinking so it was good to hear about the sober, human side of PM.

More specifically, the individual that Ronnie (law firm partner) described as especially good with children, and the grandson who was generous with the time he spent with his elderly, (dementia), grandmother while feeding her ice cream.

You don't have to have a Medical License to be a coroner in SC. It's an elected position, go figure.
Kinda scary like there are still grave robbers running around getting paid to snatch bodies for shady medical practices. There goes my plan for a beautiful plot with fountains and such lol, slide me in the furnace like a pizza.

Well how much training could it possibly require to use a rectal thermometer or to use the armpit method he ended up using? Too bad the job doesn't require much more than that. I mean seeing as these were murders, it would be nice if he thought to actually do the rectal temp to get the most precise temp. Not hard to look around and see a family member found them so maybe it will be very important to have a more exact time, especially since rigor hadn't set in and even 30mins-1 hour time could be a huge piece of evidence to know in this case.

I can't believe they don't understand that they took out the info re no danger to public. Ugh.
I know, but I don't think it really means much. Remember that the same was announced when the Idaho killer struck and there are so many more examples. I think if LE assumes a targeted killing then they say that. I mostly think it's just something to prevent public panic and I don't put too much stock in it. Just the defense being nit picky but that's their job, I guess. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead