SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gf's been described as mostly looking angry but Thursday, she was allegedly seen crying for the first time.

The only change in Buster's demeanor has been looking down at the floor and not at the witness. But that might be trying to control himself given the alleged mid-finger salute at the strong witness for the prosecution that caused him to be moved backward a couple of rows. MOO
If I were this gal I’d get out of dodge real quick and never look back. Leave BM now! moo

Not sure if anyone has floated this version of the “motive” but I started thinking maybe the immediate Murdaugh family of 4 was starting to fracture into 2 camps - AM&BM versus MM&PM. AM feeling his authority is being encroached on by MM and PM snooping into his pill stash and calling him out. MM is really upset and increasingly worried about the boat case, the community shunning, the possibility of her youngest (always the baby even as an adult) going to prison for a significant portion of his life, and the looming financial exposure of the wrongful death civil cases. The “what’s for dinner” emails between MM and PM really struck and saddened me because it shows at the end of the day Paul just wants to see his mom and have a home cooked meal. Now this is totally speculation, but MM has 2 problems to solve - 1) husband on drugs, more awareness on her part about finances, concern she isn’t in the loop about the real state of affairs financially and 2) AM’s financial and drug distractions are impairing his ability, in her mind, to solve the “what to do about Paul’s” legal situation. Normally she would stay in her lane when it came to legal matters, but she starts to stray into AM’s territory. MM is taking Blanca and her sister into confidence. Maybe MM was on the verge of trying to take over control of the finances and Paul’s legal situation in a very non-Murdaugh fashion - with honesty and possible admissions of guilt, contrition or responsibility. As a mom, you would do anything to protect your child, but AM was acting recklessly. Again speculation- but if MM in the role of more responsible parent is making noise about trying to settle the civil case, liquidating property assets, and maybe thinking about a plea in the criminal case, this threatens the Murdaugh dynasty which is on the brink of being under AM’s “watch” with his dad dying. AM cannot risk MM inserting herself into matters that should be left the men in the succession of the legacy. The pill research and texts show PM and MM were outing him which with AM’s personality type starts to feel very, very threatening; so much so AM is going into self-preservation mode; is there an “intervention” in the works. This is an existential threat that unfortunately calls for drastic measures. His wife is becoming “the enemy” with her prying and the youngest, detective, is enabling her; so those 2 are acting in concert in a very non-Murdaugh manner. MM is acting normal so as not to tip off a confrontation with AM that may be coming. Weighing his options, AM rationalizes that the oldest son has to be the one to survive, so he has to protect Buster at the expense of Paul. And sadly MM is way out of her lane, how dare she, and well, he doesn’t have a choice. The Murdaugh’s are a southern variation of the mob, and killing within one’s family, in the name of loyalty to the dynasty family, is one’s duty in that twisted paradigm.

All speculation - but looking at it as AM & Buster versus MM & Paul kind of struck me today.
What a good summation! I’ve asked myself from the beginning about his motive. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Good post.

The gf's been described as mostly looking angry but Thursday, she was allegedly seen crying for the first time.

The only change in Buster's demeanor has been looking down at the floor and not at the witness. But that might be trying to control himself given the alleged mid-finger salute at the strong witness for the prosecution that caused him to be moved backward a couple of rows. MOO
Trouble in their relationship? I’m sure there is tension and possibly her family is saying RUN! I would be advising my daughter that!

I dunno. But she's also not the student that was kicked out of law school and is now practicing law.

As I said in my initial reply, I think some of the family are experiencing an awakening for the very first time, and in this case, this could include the gf. JMO
Ah I’m sorry. I didn’t know anything about her.

I dunno. But she's also not the student that was kicked out of law school and is now practicing law.

As I said in my initial reply, I think some of the family are experiencing an awakening for the very first time, and in this case, this could include the gf. JMO

I can't imagine the shock of hearing all of this for the first time, not to mention finding out while sitting in a courtroom. I'd probably be dizzy in court and then furious with whoever didn't give me all the facts.

Does the time AM is driving by the location where MM's phone was found (it was marked with a circle on AM's Onstar data map) match the time that MM's phone is locked but it says it changed orientation (landscape to portrait or vice versa)?
No, it does not. But I don't think it matters. This is what I understand:

The last orientation change for MM's phone was at 9:06:20 PM.

OnStar shows AM left 4147 Moselle Rd for Almeda at 9:07:06 PM.

From 9:07:00 PM until 9:31:44 PM MM's phone was locked and the screen was off.

The state's last phone expert (from yesterday or the day before) testified that the program on Maggie's phone would not record orientation changes that occur while the phone is in that state (locked/screen off). Therefore, the lack of an orientation change in MM's phone from 9:07:00 PM until 9:31:44 PM (while AM was leaving and off the Moselle property) does not mean that it wasn't thrown on the side of road during that time period. JMO.

Last edited:
He didn't need to, he just left it back at the house before he went over to the kennels.
Except the kennel video blew up that nap alibi.

AM's phone continually recorded steps--not necessarily many but some, which would imply that it was moving with him since it would not be moving by itself at the house. No napping with all those steps.

Last edited:
He didn't need to, he just left it back at the house before he went over to the kennels.

AM's phone continually recorded steps--not necessarily many but some, which would imply that it was moving with him since it would not be moving by itself at the house.

AM's phone continually recorded steps--not necessarily many but some, which would imply that it was moving with him since it would not be moving by itself at the house.

I have a question. Silly but I have to know. Why do some people refer to Alex Murdaugh as Alec Murdauch? I’ve seen that and heard it all along and his name is Alex, not Alec. And his last name is Murdaugh, not Murdauch.
Thanks to anyone who knows.

That tech today did say that iPhones do that sometime, randomly. MM's phone, after is was licked the last time, took an internal "snapshot" of some process it was reviewing. It also showed it changed orientation after it was locked for the last time.

That tech today did say that iPhones do that sometime, randomly. MM's phone, after is was licked the last time, took an internal "snapshot" of some process it was reviewing. It also showed it changed orientation after it was locked for the last time.

There are apps that access your data and info to take snap shots for the developer/company which is why that. The orientation can also be face ID locking.

It makes sense that AM left the phone back at the house when he killed them.

RSBM

*all IMHO*

I think this is why Buster was not murdered. Buster was released from the lawsuit, and therefore not a public embarrassment to Alex and the Murdaugh name.

Alex always wants to appear likeable and successful. I think Alex is very concerned about his reputation and loss of stature.

I know Alex is keenly aware of his family legacy and the part he plays in it. I'm sure he and his father expected the boys to follow along the same career path to continue the family's appearance of prominence and good standing in their community.

Alex worked hard to look like a good family man, had a nice house with a wife and two kids. I think Alex was extremely furious at Paul for ruining their reputation. In his mind, his second kid became a liability to the family name. In Alex's mind, Paul became the "spare" child and could be sacrificed for the good of the family name. Buster is still "good" enough to continue the legacy. Paul's death would also be a distraction from Alex's pill habit and major financial crimes.

When Maggie found out about the pills, I think Alex panicked and knew Maggie would divorce him. Maggie would soon cause Alex even more embarrassment with a public divorce and so he added her to the kill list.

Now Alex and Buster can have a fresh start! /sarcasm
I agree that Paul was an embarrassment; he was also a financial liability. But what we have here is a narcissistic addict. Maggie and Paul learning about the addiction effectively ripped the mask off this hollow man. They were also likely to learn about his financial shenanigans at the law firm because of the boat wreck case. They would no longer look at him as a good man, a good father, a good provider, an important person. Just speculating here, but he may (as his implied about the killer) have thought for a long time about killing them but the discovery of the drugs may have made that an immediate need in his mind. That way Buster and AM's parents and siblings would not have learned about the addiction and the money issues. They were a liability but they became expendable because they were no longer fooled by his act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness