SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Paul finding those 'bags' of pills in Alex's computer bag and calling him out on it by text "we need to talk'" started the anger ball rolling. Then Maggie's phone showed she was looking up the kind of pills so they were going to confront him in May.

How dare they question him when they benefit by the very means that he provides for them kind of thing IMO.
I don't doubt Alex was "angry," meaning that Paul and Maggie had dealt him some narcissistic injury. But in my view it's important to remember that criminals are not wired like the average person. AM is capable of utter depravity even before we get to the murders. He appears to have no conscience. I doubt that he can bond to other people in the way that most of us understand. So his "anger" or any other emotion is not likely what any of us would feel. To put it bluntly, normal people can be really, really angry without blowing the head off a family member.

Did somebody say Let’s Rock and Roll ?!

[…]
If Waters comes off as obsessive about his job, you should see the work he puts into his rock-and-roll alter ego.

Waters has played guitar for decades, a fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden in his youth before graduating to the more mainstream Rolling Stones and Drive-By Truckers.

For a few years until recently, he was the lead guitarist of Sole Purpose, a Columbia cover band that performs at weddings, parties and restaurants.

YouTube and Facebook are sprinkled with videos of Waters shredding solos at gigs or hourslong practice sessions, having swapped his suit and tie for a T-shirt and shorts.

Waters awed his bandmates with his ability to quickly learn new songs by ear, just as his colleagues at work marvel at his encyclopedic recall of facts and case law during court hearings.

Waters never talked about his cases with the band, due to the strict secrecy rules around state grand jury proceedings. But they could see how music helped him blow off steam from his day job.

That energy came out in his guitar work,” said Bennett, the band’s lead singer and Waters’ childhood friend. “He would channel it in his solos.”

Waters stepped away from Sole Purpose about two years ago as the band’s popularity grew and his work became more demanding, friends say.

That was around the time the state grand jury’s Murdaugh investigations began to heat up.
[…]

Ok this makes perfect sense to me now...he's heavy metal...I totally get where his court persona is coming from now. A real shredder, take no prisoners. Why it's almost like there could be a heavy metal Alice Cooper Welcome to My Nightmare vibe behind the courtroom scenes...:p

No, it does not. But I don't think it matters. This is what I understand:

The last orientation change for MM's phone was at 9:06:20 PM.

OnStar shows AM left 4147 Moselle Rd for Almeda at 9:07:06 PM.

From 9:07:00 PM until 9:31:44 PM MM's phone was locked and the screen was off.

The state's last phone expert (from yesterday or the day before) testified that the program on Maggie's phone would not record orientation changes that occur while the phone is in that state (locked/screen off). Therefore, the lack of an orientation change in MM's phone from 9:07:00 PM until 9:31:44 PM (while AM was leaving and off the Moselle property) does not mean that it wasn't thrown on the side of road during that time period. JMO.
Thank you, thank you for this info. I had an inkling of him leaving and an orientation change having occurred in close proximity to that. Maybe the 9:06:20 orientation change is when AM took the phone off his seat as he was driving out so he had it ready to toss?

Alec calls the neighbor kid. As one does. Did he call Buster? Make sure he was safe? Make sure someone was with him before delivering the horrible news? When/how did Buster find out?

Poor Alec prolly didn't get to eat all day.

JMO
It told me a lot about Alec and this family that they CALLED Buster and let him drive (the 1-1/2 - 2 hrs?) from Rock Hill over to Moselle after he was told about the murders. I never understood why one of the brothers or close family friend didn't go over there to get him. :mad: The poor kid. I can't imagine his experience that night.

Worst case send one of their LE friends to fetch Buster to assure his safety while they determined if a weapon-wielding mad man was out gunning down Murdaughs.

MOO.

Agree. For years, all we had to go on was PM's partying ways where he'd become abusive and offensive while drinking so it was good to hear about the sober, human side of PM.

More specifically, the individual that Ronnie (law firm partner) described as especially good with children, and the grandson who was generous with the time he spent with his elderly, (dementia), grandmother while feeding her ice cream.
And he was a kid who had been raised by a narcissistic, addicted, conscience-less criminal father who didn't allowed him to experience consequences. So it's not surprising that he abused alcohol and had behavioral issues.

Do you think that Paul’s friend who was a runner at the law firm that was cashing checks for AM shared those stories with Paul who also shared them with his mom?
Hmm, Hard to say. Unless PM confided in NT about the drugs or asked him questions, I’m not sure he would want to cause a family conflict. Or jeopardize his job .

He did say they were lifelong friends and talked every other day.
He helped the CFO JS in her investigation with the missing funds.

He continued to work there after the murders and drove AM to the airport in July.

I got the feeling he might have been watching AM and gathering evidence of his own since he has since become a LEO.

Probably had a “ little detective “ mind all along.

I’m sure he would be feeling guilty as heck IF he thought he told PM anything to cause a confrontation.

JMO

It told me a lot about Alec and this family that they CALLED Buster and let him drive (the 1-1/2 - 2 hrs?) from Rock Hill over to Moselle after he was told about the murders. I never understood why one of the brothers or close family friend didn't go over there to get him. :mad: The poor kid. I can't imagine his experience that night.

Worst case send one of their LE friends to fetch Buster to assure his safety while they determined if a weapon-wielding mad man was out gunning down Murdaughs.

MOO.
If there was no one really close by to notify BM and his girlfriend, I can understand calling him because news travels very fast. It would be awful for BM to find out from television or social media.

A double murder at the home of Hampton County most prominent family would definitely make the news.

Plus AM was already alerting all of Paul’s friends.

JMO

Your wife and son are dead beside you. Good time as any to check out a bikini clad image.

Business as usual.

JMO

What's really interesting about this text is that the sender is Michael Gunn. Presumably that's the same Michael Gunn from Forge Consulting who testified earlier in the trial about Alex misusing the 'Forge' name to steal funds.

Hmm, from Gunn's testimony it sure didn't seem like they had the sort of relationship where he would be sending AM pictures of scantily clad women late at night. I doubt this has anything to do with the murders. But it is kind of amusing to see how Gunn spun his association with Alex as, "Oh, we only played golf at industry conferences and had a few business lunches," when it looks like they were really much closer.

I'd add to this that from 9:02 to 9:06 his phone moved at 70 steps per hour, which was much faster than he'd walked at all that day. So if he woke from a nap and then decided to go to see his mom what was this hurried 4 minutes moving before he gets in the car? He was also texting and calling Maggie many times during this time.
I just timed myself normally pacing around the house and I took 70 steps in 50 seconds. So you could take about 253 steps pacing around the house in a little less than 3 minutes to make the phone calls to Maggie, get in the car and drive away--unless I have my math wrong. I think he did it, but this could easily be explained by the defense I think.

On top of everything else, he must have been very upset with MM disposing of all his oxycontin, especially if he was spending all that money for them. Just one more thing to add to his panic and anger.
Exactly -- who could he rob next?!! Poor AM, his hamster wheel was spinning faster than he could keep up.

So what happened to his expensive foot wear witness??
Think the footprint expert may have been put off until next week so they didn't have to pay him over a long weekend. That's probably why we ended up with arm pits v. rectums.

I'm sorry to be flip but I have been crying with laughter and holding my sides ever since reading @justtrish's post up thread. I guess after following this case since June 2021 and livestreaming the trial since day one, the grief and emotions have built up to needing this guy for comic relief -- I can't stop laughing at the absurdity. Glad he's DH's witness. :rolleyes:

Apologies to my fellow WS'ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member