SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the whole alleged timeline well, but might the defendant have showered at the place where he visited his ailing parent? Before then returning to the scene of the slaying? MOO
No, because Shelley would have known this, and he was only there 15 minutes, all the time in the house with his mom, same clothes as he was wearing back at Moselle. Had to have changed in the house sometime after 8:50 after a quick hand wash, drive to house, shower, and before he started pacing around those 253 steps "calling" Maggie.

This is what I have and feel free to add to it or correct or make adjustments. I try to be perfect ;) but sometimes it doesn’t come through.

More importantly, the bold statements are the most worthy and most relevant to get a conviction. Imo.

So possibly a shotgun and an AR-style rifle were the murder weapons and are hidden forever or at least for now, but imo will be fine without them.

Prosecutors provided a timeline based on cellphone and car GPS data to show AM had opportunity. On 06/07/2021, AM’s law firm questioned him about $792,000 in missing funds. That same day, later that evening, MM & PM are murdered near the dog kennels.

Keep in mind that AM is shot by his drug dealer (this was planned by AM) cousin Eddie on the side of a road. AM claimed that he wanted BM to collect on a $10million dollar life insurance policy.

We got some serious cellphone and electronic evidence.

There’s the blue rain jacket found in the home that had gunshot residue consistent with it either being worn while someone used a gun or having a firearm wrapped inside of it, though the clothing had no DNA.

RG spoke with PM and heard AM in the background.

PMs cellular phone Snapchat call at 8:44 pm /three voices can be heard. Over seven people confirmed hearing AM, MM & PM on the dog kennel video.

Supposedly, MM & PM were killed some time from 8:50 p.m. to 9:06 p.m.

AM denied being at the dog kennel. Claimed he took a short nap before heading over to visit his mother.

AM did visit with his mother and advised his mother’s caregiver (days later) that he visited 30-40 minutes. In reality his time spent with his mother was 20 minutes.

At 10:07, AM calls 911 saying he returned home and his wife and son are dead.

The shell casings at the scene and a lack of DNA point to other suspects helped pinpoint AM as the only credible lead.

The cellphone data extracted from the phones of AM, MM and PM plus the GPS data from AM’s Chevrolet Suburban suggest his movements became increasingly quick around the time of the murders.

MM sister testified everyone seemed afraid with the exception of AM who did not seem afraid. AM seemed more concerned with clearing PM’s name regarding the boat crash.

What's really interesting about this text is that the sender is Michael Gunn. Presumably that's the same Michael Gunn from Forge Consulting who testified earlier in the trial about Alex misusing the 'Forge' name to steal funds.

Hmm, from Gunn's testimony it sure didn't seem like they had the sort of relationship where he would be sending AM pictures of scantily clad women late at night. I doubt this has anything to do with the murders. But it is kind of amusing to see how Gunn spun his association with Alex as, "Oh, we only played golf at industry conferences and had a few business lunches," when it looks like they were really much closer.
Good catch -- and good post!

Several edits: changed post as I read more of your posts and learned more about the NBA schedule. Sorry for confusion.

Last edited:
Oof, I just saw the last 2 witnesses of the day. I'm going to try to give the defense the benefit of doubt that they didn't know how much time they would have today, so didn't have any of their better witnesses available, because that was an embarrassment. I almost started feeling bad for Alex if he's paying them anything.

Amidst all these lies, the one consistency I find in AM's interviews is that he sucks at estimating times. One lawyer noted that he never wore a watch, he was constantly late to work, scattered, unorganized desk, more of a people person. This makes sense. Otherwise, he would have been more careful in his alibis as regards to remembering more reasonable times, especially ones that are irrelevant, e.g. how long he was with Paul on the property, when he left work, etc. I honestly don't think he knows much difference between 1 and 2 hours.
These are also classic ADHD traits (it takes one to know one. LOL).

But I also noticed he didn't provide times when it might pin things down -- intentional evasion to keep his story fluid. There were a lot of unfinished sentences and "you know."

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... I don't believe that text had anything to do with the NBA. We've seen a fair amount of talk about sports during this trial, but it's all been about local college sports, pretty much nothing about pro ball. And more to the point, in 2021 Miami lost in the first round of the playoffs. Their last game was on May 29th. By June 7th, I doubt anyone was texting out memes about them. And considering they were swept in 4 games, they certainly didn't 'bring the heat'.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really interesting about this text is that the sender is Michael Gunn. Presumably that's the same Michael Gunn from Forge Consulting who testified earlier in the trial about Alex misusing the 'Forge' name to steal funds.

Hmm, from Gunn's testimony it sure didn't seem like they had the sort of relationship where he would be sending AM pictures of scantily clad women late at night. I doubt this has anything to do with the murders. But it is kind of amusing to see how Gunn spun his association with Alex as, "Oh, we only played golf at industry conferences and had a few business lunches," when it looks like they were really much closer.
Ohhh my gosh, that was radio voice guy!? Well I guess AM's financial treachery with his fake Forge hadn't become known yet?

I’m curious as to what Waters would have rested on if not for the new info? Nothing really compares to it.
I think even without the OnStar data, the timeline document makes a powerful presentation. It lays out all the calls, texts, cellphone locations, FBI analysis, etc.

It would have been a little harder to connect the dots without the GPS data from OnStar, but nearly everything is still there. So, far example you can still put Alex at the scene of the murder shortly before Paul and Maggie's phones fall silent, and then fifteen minutes later the FBI analysis shows his Suburban starting up and him driving off to his mom's place.

The GPS data just makes it a slam dunk.

Alex Murdaugh's cell phone didn't ping off any towers between 6:52 and 9:04 p.m.

• 6:40 - Paul called Alex and talked for 2 minutes.
  • 6:42 - Alex arrives at Moselle.
  • 6:43 - Maggie missed call from Alex
  • 6:52 - Alex calls Terry Branstetter
  • 6:52 - Paul calls John Marvin
  • 7:00 - Paul texts CB Rowe about the dead sunflowers needing to be plowed under
  • 7:02 - Maggie calls Alex
  • 7:03 - Alex takes 165 steps
  • 7:04 - Paul arrives home
  • 7:05 - Maggie calls Marian back
  • 7:05 - Alex texts Maggie asking her to call after pedicure
  • 7:05 - Maggie calls Paul, 1:31
  • 7:05 - Alex calls Paul at same time
  • 7:07 - Maggie calls Marian
  • 7:09 - Maggie calls her mom
  • 7:14-7:15 - Paul and Alex both take about 200 steps.
  • 7:18 - Alex tells CB Rowe to call him
  • 7:25-7:34 - Paul 139 steps
  • 7:28-7:37 - Alex 47 steps
  • 7:35-7:41 - Paul 171 steps
  • 7:37 - Paul getting texts and snapchats
  • 7:39:55 - Paul's phone records video of Alex at the tree?
  • 7:41-7:48 - Alex takes 29 steps
  • 7:45-7:55 - Paul phone location data showing him at kennels, 89 steps traveled
  • 7:50 - Maggie's phone pings in Walterboro on way home from Charleston.
  • 7:52 - Paul's battery at 7% (Previous testimony, Paul continued to used phone on low battery
  • 7:55-8:05 - Paul 262 steps, Alex 270 steps
  • 7:57 - Paul receives reply from Bryan Murdaugh about Snapchat video, saying they need straps on the tree.
  • 8:05 - Paul's phone begins moving from cabin near kennels toward the main house.
  • 8:08-8:14 - Paul's phone location at main residence
  • 8:05-8:09 - Alex 54 steps
  • 8:05-8:15 - Paul 303 steps
  • 8:07 - Paul sends snapchat to several friends.
  • 8:11-8:31 - Maggie's iPhone locked.
  • 8:13 - CB Rowe is in the Augusta, Georgia area.
  • 8:14-8:35 - Paul's phone location at main house
  • 8:15-8:21 - Paul 140 steps.
  • 8:17 - Maggie unplugs phone, believed she's at Moselle by this point.
  • 8:17-8:18 - 38 steps by Maggie
  • 8:19 - Paul's phone connects to wi-fi, he's sending / receiving snapchats with friends
  • 8:23-8:30 - Paul texting, Snapping with friends.
  • 8:30-8:33 - Maggie 38 steps
  • 8:31 - John Marvin group text to Maggie, Alex and family about going to visit Randolph in hospital.
  • 8:31 - Maggie phone unlocked, orientation to vertical, reads message from Alex's sister Lynn, locks again until 8:49.
  • 8:32-8:42 - Paul 283 steps
  • 8:38 - Paul phone located at kennels
  • 8:40 - Paul calls Rogan
  • 8:44 - Paul Facetimes Rogan, creates kennel video after it ends.
  • 8:47-8:48 - Paul texting
  • 8:49:01 - Paul's phone locks for the final time
  • 8:49:26 - Maggie's phone unlocks, reads text message
  • 8:49:31 - Maggie's phone locks for the final time.
  • 8:49:35 - Paul text from Rogan, never
^^rsbm

Listening to AM's three interviews and how evasive he was to commit to a timeline about when he first left Moselle on Monday, AM was intent on selling the idea he "left work early because PM was coming home" -- except evidence proves there was no truth to the father and son spending the afternoon together driving the property.

After listening to AM's confession about his faked drive-by shooter to SLED Agent while in the company of his defense attorney DH, I find AM being just as evasive when questioned by SLED about details on his alleged $10M Life Insurance including the date purchased, name of the underwriter, etc., where DH interrupts and offers that AM believed suicide was an exclusion from his coverage.

First, I think it absolutely ridiculous that AM and his team would put out that AM-- who mastered making big money off of insurance claims, would claim he was unaware of the exclusions of his alleged $10M Life Policy or doesn't know the name of the Insurer!

Of course, AM wasn't about to reveal the name of the insurer and risk the insurer being subpoenaed and AM being found out in another big fat lie.

Second, you don't need a law degree to turn to the exclusions page of your life policy any more than you need an MD degree to read the exclusions of your health insurance!

Today, I find myself in the same company as Mark Tinsley who opined that he doubted AM has or ever had a life policy in place when he faked his drive-by as a substitute for suicide and a payout to Buster.

Just more lies by the master manipulator.....

And for somebody with an alleged 20+ year addiction to opioids -- how did AM expect to get approved for a $10M Life Policy without a medical exam? Google laughed at this inquiry! MOO

Last edited:
On Newsnation there is the body language panel describing AM facial movements the night of the murders when he is in the van talking. His “blink rate, verbal contractions”, etc.

What they said is completely missing at the crime scene from him is ‘horror, bent over gasping, wailing’. Definitely not looking up restaurants…

This is what I have and feel free to add to it or correct or make adjustments. I try to be perfect ;) but sometimes it doesn’t come through.

More importantly, the bold statements are the most worthy and most relevant to get a conviction. Imo.

So possibly a shotgun and an AR-style rifle were the murder weapons and are hidden forever or at least for now, but imo will be fine without them.

Prosecutors provided a timeline based on cellphone and car GPS data to show AM had opportunity. On 06/07/2021, AM’s law firm questioned him about $792,000 in missing funds. That same day, later that evening, MM & PM are murdered near the dog kennels.

Keep in mind that AM is shot by his drug dealer (this was planned by AM) cousin Eddie on the side of a road. AM claimed that he wanted BM to collect on a $10million dollar life insurance policy.

We got some serious cellphone and electronic evidence.

There’s the blue rain jacket found in the home that had gunshot residue consistent with it either being worn while someone used a gun or having a firearm wrapped inside of it, though the clothing had no DNA.

RG spoke with PM and heard AM in the background.

PMs cellular phone Snapchat call at 8:44 pm /three voices can be heard. Over seven people confirmed hearing AM, MM & PM on the dog kennel video.

Supposedly, MM & PM were killed some time from 8:50 p.m. to 9:06 p.m.

AM denied being at the dog kennel. Claimed he took a short nap before heading over to visit his mother.

AM did visit with his mother and advised his mother’s caregiver (days later) that he visited 30-40 minutes. In reality his time spent with his mother was 20 minutes.

At 10:07, AM calls 911 saying he returned home and his wife and son are dead.

The shell casings at the scene and a lack of DNA point to other suspects helped pinpoint AM as the only credible lead.

The cellphone data extracted from the phones of AM, MM and PM plus the GPS data from AM’s Chevrolet Suburban suggest his movements became increasingly quick around the time of the murders.

MM sister testified everyone seemed afraid with the exception of AM who did not seem afraid. AM seemed more concerned with clearing PM’s name regarding the boat crash.
The guns that killed PM and MM were Muraugh firearms, old casings around the property matched the new ones found by the victims.

AM, after his 3rd interview, never gave a firearm list to LE, what was present or missing, like he'd promised to do to help identify them should they be used in another crime or found somewhere.

The blue raincoat had GSR on the inside, just a speck or two found on outside, a large quantity found inside

^^rsbm

Listening to AM's three interviews and how evasive he was to commit to a timeline about when he first left Moselle on Monday, AM was intent on selling the idea he "left work early because PM was coming home" -- except evidence proves there was no truth to the father and son spending the afternoon together driving the property.

After listening to AM's confession about his faked drive-by shooter to SLED Agent while in the company of his defense attorney DH, I find AM being just as evasive when questioned by SLED about details on his alleged $10M Life Insurance including the date purchased, name of the underwriter, etc., where DH interrupts and offers that AM believed suicide was an excluded from his coverage.

First, I think it absolutely ridiculous that AM and his team would put out that AM-- who mastered making big money off of insurance claims, would claim he was unaware of the exclusions of his alleged $10M Life Policy or doesn't know the name of the Insurer!

Of course, AM wasn't about to reveal the name of the insurer and risk the insurer being subpoenaed and AM being found out in another big fat lie.

Second, you don't need a law degree to turn to the exclusions page of your life policy any more than you need an MD degree to read the exclusions of your health insurance!

Today, I find myself in the same company as Mark Tinsley who opined that he doubted AM has or ever had a life policy in place when he faked his drive-by as a substitute for suicide and a payout to Buster.

Just more lies by the master manipulator.....

And for somebody with an alleged 20+ year addiction to opioids -- how did AM expect to great a $10M Life Policy without a medical exam? Google laughed at this inquiry! MOO
And what was up with AM deleting PM and MM's phone communications with him that day?

Thanks justtrish. I had a look but still don't see what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to see/hear some reference to when Alex googled a restaurant after calling 911. Maybe it's there in the link and I'm not seeing it but I need someone to point it out like I'm 6 years old, From memory of listening to the trial live, I believe it was mentioned.

I just can't find it after reviewing video and transcripts and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks justtrish. I had a look but still don't see what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to see/hear some reference to when Alex googled a restaurant after calling 911. Maybe it's there in the link and I'm not seeing it but I need someone to point it out like I'm 6 years old, From memory of listening to the trial live, I believe it was mentioned.

I just can't find it after reviewing video and transcripts and it's driving me crazy!
3rd entry on page 42-

10:40 PM – Alex Murdaugh searched “Whaley’s Edisto” in Safari browser (AM Extraction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth