SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks justtrish. I had a look but still don't see what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to see/hear some reference to when Alex googled a restaurant after calling 911. Maybe it's there in the link and I'm not seeing it but I need someone to point it out like I'm 6 years old, From memory of listening to the trial live, I believe it was mentioned.

I just can't find it after reviewing video and transcripts and it's driving me crazy!

Attachments

• FpMgz4nXoAEGZ2o.jpeg.jpg
    FpMgz4nXoAEGZ2o.jpeg.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 20

Thank you twall! I will sleep tonight!

I missed the connection between Whaley's Edisto being a restaurant at 10:40 pm.

Link to Whaley's Edisto - Home Page - Whaley's Famous Restaurant | Edisto Beach, South Carolina

edit Thanks sunshine ray!

Last edited:
For anybody wanting to understand why Alex is Alec, etc. in Hampton County, SC -- I suggest you hit up Reporter Michael DeWitt on Twitter @mmdewittjr.

And here is more on how to speak low country...

For anybody wanting to understand why Alex is Alec, etc. in Hampton County, SC -- I suggest you hit up Reporter Michael DeWitt on Twitter @mmdewittjr.

And here is more on how to speak low country...

I've never heard of S Carolina Low country. What does that name mean?

Re the pronunciation of AM’s name
To test my own theory I wrote Alex Murdaugh on piece of paper and handed it without comment to my father. My dad is in his 90s, emigrated to Australia from Western Scotland in his 40s and still has a pronounced Scottish accent. He looked at the paper, looked at me and said “that’s a good Scottish name, who is Alec Murdoch?” (his pronunciation)!
ETA i assume there was a Scottish ancestor

I've never heard of S Carolina Low country. What does that name mean?
It's coastal marshland that extends inland from my experience, but apparently there's a lot more to it culturally and historically according to this article.

Re the pronunciation of AM’s name
To test my own theory I wrote Alex Murdaugh on piece of paper and handed it without comment to my father. My dad is in his 90s, emigrated to Australia from Western Scotland in his 40s and still has a pronounced Scottish accent. He looked at the paper, looked at me and said “that’s a good Scottish name, who is Alec Murdoch?” (his pronunciation)!
ETA i assume there was a Scottish ancestor
With all that red hair, I'd suspect you are correct :)

Why hasn't State made a big deal about AM parking om the grass, amongst trees at Almeda.
Is this where he hid items initially, then moved them at a later date????
They only got the OnStar info that showed AM's car parking there in the past 7 days. I'm sure they will emphasize it in Closing.

This is what I have and feel free to add to it or correct or make adjustments. I try to be perfect ;) but sometimes it doesn’t come through.

More importantly, the bold statements are the most worthy and most relevant to get a conviction. Imo.

So possibly a shotgun and an AR-style rifle were the murder weapons and are hidden forever or at least for now, but imo will be fine without them.

Prosecutors provided a timeline based on cellphone and car GPS data to show AM had opportunity. On 06/07/2021, AM’s law firm questioned him about $792,000 in missing funds. That same day, later that evening, MM & PM are murdered near the dog kennels.

Keep in mind that AM is shot by his drug dealer (this was planned by AM) cousin Eddie on the side of a road. AM claimed that he wanted BM to collect on a $10million dollar life insurance policy.

We got some serious cellphone and electronic evidence.

There’s the blue rain jacket found in the home that had gunshot residue consistent with it either being worn while someone used a gun or having a firearm wrapped inside of it, though the clothing had no DNA.

RG spoke with PM and heard AM in the background.

PMs cellular phone Snapchat call at 8:44 pm /three voices can be heard. Over seven people confirmed hearing AM, MM & PM on the dog kennel video.

Supposedly, MM & PM were killed some time from 8:50 p.m. to 9:06 p.m.

AM denied being at the dog kennel. Claimed he took a short nap before heading over to visit his mother.

AM did visit with his mother and advised his mother’s caregiver (days later) that he visited 30-40 minutes. In reality his time spent with his mother was 20 minutes.

At 10:07, AM calls 911 saying he returned home and his wife and son are dead.

The shell casings at the scene and a lack of DNA point to other suspects helped pinpoint AM as the only credible lead.

The cellphone data extracted from the phones of AM, MM and PM plus the GPS data from AM’s Chevrolet Suburban suggest his movements became increasingly quick around the time of the murders.

MM sister testified everyone seemed afraid with the exception of AM who did not seem afraid. AM seemed more concerned with clearing PM’s name regarding the boat crash.
Looks good.

But AM wanting to clear Paul's name in the boat crash was more of him trying to get out of liability. I believe if Paul had lived and gone to trial, they would have tried to say that C was driving at the time of the crash. Remember how AM and RM went to the hospital right after to talk to all the kids saying not to tell LE anything?

AM always, always was scheming and conniving through something. It is his nature.

MOO

Did somebody say Let’s Rock and Roll ?!

[…]
If Waters comes off as obsessive about his job, you should see the work he puts into his rock-and-roll alter ego.

Waters has played guitar for decades, a fan of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden in his youth before graduating to the more mainstream Rolling Stones and Drive-By Truckers.

For a few years until recently, he was the lead guitarist of Sole Purpose, a Columbia cover band that performs at weddings, parties and restaurants.

YouTube and Facebook are sprinkled with videos of Waters shredding solos at gigs or hourslong practice sessions, having swapped his suit and tie for a T-shirt and shorts.

Waters awed his bandmates with his ability to quickly learn new songs by ear, just as his colleagues at work marvel at his encyclopedic recall of facts and case law during court hearings.

Waters never talked about his cases with the band, due to the strict secrecy rules around state grand jury proceedings. But they could see how music helped him blow off steam from his day job.

That energy came out in his guitar work,” said Bennett, the band’s lead singer and Waters’ childhood friend. “He would channel it in his solos.”

Waters stepped away from Sole Purpose about two years ago as the band’s popularity grew and his work became more demanding, friends say.

That was around the time the state grand jury’s Murdaugh investigations began to heat up.
[…]

Well I’ll be-never judge a book by its cover.

These are also classic ADHD traits (it takes one to know one. LOL).

But I also noticed he didn't provide times when it might pin things down -- intentional evasion to keep his story fluid. There were a lot of unfinished sentences and "you know."

Made up question before.

That made me nuts, “you know”, the detective would ask, so what did she do when she got there? Well she walked in the house and you know.
No Alex we don’t know please say what she did?

I would have said, No I don’t know.

Duh

IMO...

I was trying to find any RICO charges yesterday, but couldn't. Surely if he was hiding income from South Carolina (tax evasion, wrong amounts on tax forms, etc) he was also using the same figures for federal taxes? But I see no filings from the IRS (I haven't been following closely though). I thought I'd find federal charges, but I didn't.

Could the Feds be waiting? Because it costs them, too, to prosecute and this guy is probably going to get a long sentence for several of the crimes already charged by South Carolina. I think he should also be investigated federally, for sure.

Federal prisons are, IME, somewhat more comfortable and pleasant that state prisons (but I've never been to a SC state prison). Do we know anything about his conditions at Colleton County Jail?

Other inmates there have their federal holds marked in their records, but Alec does not. Just another SC hold for his 19 indictments and 99+ charges.

Good points. I think further indictments may depend on how this trial goes. IF he is going to be sentenced to Life in Prison, they may not want to waste more tax dollars on further charges, investigations? If there are off shore accounts, I would hope they would want to recover those monies, and If he was involved with others in drug pushing, etc I would hope they would follow any leads to shut that down. There are so many tenacles in this man's years of crime. Just throwing my thoughts out there to ponder. MOO

Made up question before.

That made me nuts, “you know”, the detective would ask, so what did she do when she got there? Well she walked in the house and you know.
No Alex we don’t know please say what she did?

I would have said, No I don’t know.

Duh
Exactly, and then, Gee Alex, I am so interested in your Sunflower story, and wow, the Black Panthers. Really? Please continue that line of Racist BS deflection. Ya know...MOO

Imagine the sympathy people would feel at the dad/husband discovering such a horrific scene.
For some who immediately sympathized with AM, I am sure they feel betrayed, disgusted. Especially those who helped him afterward. Some may even feel a bit of guilt, standing with him, only to learn the horrid truth. I feel especially sad for MM's sister and her family. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1