SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the extended FBI/SLED timeline on 6/7 (pg 37/88):

7:56 PM – Paul Murdaugh’ s iPhone at caretaker house on Moselle Road (PM Extraction)

Wait! I don't recall the "caretaker house" ever coming up!

Where is it in relation to the kennels?

Is this a location where AM could have cleaned up and/or disposed of evidence?

The friend of Paul's who was a runner for Alex/PMPED testified about living at the guesthouse with Paul at some point. He was asked which entrance he used when he lived there. I thought it was at the front of the property near the road, but can't find a map showing location.

Just an observation...

We've been painted a picture in which Alec and Maggie never argued. I think that's probably fairly accurate. No verbal brawls.

In my opinion, however, there's something just as deadly for marriage -- avoidance. Healthy relationships have healthy disagreements. I'm betting that Alec refused to talk about anything he didn't want to talk about. Avoid, deflect, gaslight.

Some of the hardest personalities to deal with. Answers for everything, even if they're senseless answers. Tasmanian devil. Always on the move, impossible to pin down.

Hard to hit a moving target. Hard to get 'even ten minutes' to address or resolve anything.

Physical violence isn't the only way to control another person.

JMO
I did not find MBP's opinion of MM as "happy" in her marriage to be strongly held. It sounded like she wasn't sure she completely believed what she was saying, but she is too gracious to say something denigrating about her beloved, late sister. Why say something that would have embarrassed her younger sister if she were still living. I think MM wanted to believe herself and wanted others to believe she had a solid marriage. She was only just starting to admit things were not right.

MBP did not gush on like some witnesses about MM & AM having the perfect marriage, never arguing, and being completely smitten. When people say only good things about a relationship, red flags should go up! IMO. A couple that never argues, never disagrees, a relationship without healthy anger or concerns expressed -- IMO is a dysfunctional relationship.

MOO. MOO.

Last edited:
Last night on Murder Trial Recap Feb. 17: The Murdaugh Murders, Money & Mystery | Unsolved South Carolina, very early in the podcast, former S.C. AG Charlie Condon pointed out that Alec had trust going for him and that's why he thinks shooting two family members with two firearms was so doable. Paul and Maggie wouldn't think twice about seeing Alec with a gun.

Paul probably didn't see Alec aiming the shotgun before the first fire since he seemed to be looking for something related to Rogan's dog Cash. As CW said "pop, pop," Alec takes Paul down, crouching on a knee and to the side of the feed room door for the second shot that adds another trajectory.

I seems like Maggie may have been pacing around behind equipment and focused on her phone at this time (footprints in crime scene photo). She then must have emerged, startled by the shotgun blasts, but if she saw Alec coming toward her with the AR, she may have thought he was coming to protect her (she certainly wouldn't have thought he was Paul's shooter or advancing to shoot her) until he shouldered the rifle. If this is what happened, that trust is what bought him time. AG Condon's opinion. MO, too.

Im not sure if she reacted the way people think she would at sound of gunfire. They shot guns all the time even out back door of house. Unless pm made a scream or loud noise she heard, i think she would just think the boys with there guns are at it again. I think she would be more in schock and confusion first seeing am coming towards her with a rifle not understanding what was happening. This is a family member. Imagine your father out of nowhere just shooting you. I think they were both caught completely off guard and didnt have time to make sense of what was happening. In disbelif of what they were seeing

I did not find MBP's opinion of MM as "happy" in her marriage to be strongly held. It sounded like she wasn't sure she completely believed what she was saying, but she is too gracious to say something denigrating about her beloved, late sister. Why say something that would have embarrassed her younger sister if she were still living. I think MM wanted to believe herself and wanted others to believe she had a solid marriage. She was only just starting to admit things were not right.

MBP did not gushing on like some witnesses about MM & AM having the perfect marriage, never arguing, and being completely smitten. When people say only good things about a relationship, red flags should go up! IMO. A couple that never argues, never disagrees, a relationship without healthy anger or concerns expressed -- IMO is a dysfunctional relationship.

MOO. MOO.
Totally agree with you on this. I had the same gestalt.

7:56 PM – Paul Murdaugh’ s iPhone at caretaker house on Moselle Road (PM Extraction)

IRRC, the guy that fed the dogs mentioned that when it was really hot, Maggie had him put the dogs in what he called the "skinnin' shed" because it had air-conditioning. I don't know if this is the same place as the caretaker house or not. There isn't any reference on any map I've seen that identifies a skinnin' shed. If it is as it's name implies, it probably has water.

From pg 27/88 of Murdaugh Murders Timeline of Events S/A Rudofski, SLED.

A very eerie text (with answers??) between one Cynthia Washington and AM on June 7.

From the text timestamp, this would have been an hour or so after AM was confronted by CFO, and before AM left the office to go home and murder his wife and son:

5:26 PM – Alex Murdaugh receives a text message from “Cynthia Washington” stating,

“Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last! “I will certainly sanctify my great name, . . . and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—EZEKIEL 36:23 CHAPTER 6. “The End Is Now Upon You”EZEKIEL 7:3. FOCUS: Jehovah’s prophetic judgments against Jerusalem —how fulfilled. 17)-What conditions and events will we witness during the coming great tribulation? 17)-(ANSWERED)-Ezekiel’s prophecy also reminds us that when the coming attack against religious organizations occurs, (ANSWERED)-members of the churches will not be “going to the battle” to defend religion. Instead, (ANSWERED)as they begin to realize that their cry for help, “Lord, Lord,” is going unanswered, (ANSWERED)-“their hands will hang limp” and they will be “shuddering.” (Ezek. 7:3, 14, 17, 18; Matt. 7:21-23) What else will they do? (Read Ezekiel 7:19-21.) (ANSWERED)-Jehovah says: “They will throw their silver into the streets.” (ANSWERED)- That statement regarding the inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem also vividly illustrates what will take place during the great tribulation. (ANSWERED)-At that time, people will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

(Does not show in Dylan Hightower Extraction) (AM Extraction)

Well his hands couldn't have been too clean because MM's blood was on the shotgun he had at the scene The one he went to the house to get for protection..
You know, they don't seem to have made as much about this as I would think they would.

If DH says that it could have gotten there sometime when Maggie went hunting with them, I doubt that's true. Some place they were talking about the boys telling Maggie she made too much noise turning her magazine pages when she was with them in a deer stand. (Did MBP say that?) Doesn't sound like she was handling the firearms.

MOO.

A very eerie text (with answers??) between one Cynthia Washington and AM on June 7.

From the text timestamp, this would have been an hour or so after AM was confronted by CFO, and before AM left the office to go home and murder his wife and son:

5:26 PM – Alex Murdaugh receives a text message from “Cynthia Washington” stating,

“Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last! “I will certainly sanctify my great name, . . . and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—EZEKIEL 36:23 CHAPTER 6. “The End Is Now Upon You”EZEKIEL 7:3. FOCUS: Jehovah’s prophetic judgments against Jerusalem —how fulfilled. 17)-What conditions and events will we witness during the coming great tribulation? 17)-(ANSWERED)-Ezekiel’s prophecy also reminds us that when the coming attack against religious organizations occurs, (ANSWERED)-members of the churches will not be “going to the battle” to defend religion. Instead, (ANSWERED)as they begin to realize that their cry for help, “Lord, Lord,” is going unanswered, (ANSWERED)-“their hands will hang limp” and they will be “shuddering.” (Ezek. 7:3, 14, 17, 18; Matt. 7:21-23) What else will they do? (Read Ezekiel 7:19-21.) (ANSWERED)-Jehovah says: “They will throw their silver into the streets.” (ANSWERED)- That statement regarding the inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem also vividly illustrates what will take place during the great tribulation. (ANSWERED)-At that time, people will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

Pretty wild and prophetic stuff there. Who is Cynthia Washington to AM?

The friend of Paul's who was a runner for Alex/PMPED testified about living at the guesthouse with Paul at some point. He was asked which entrance he used when he lived there. I thought it was at the front of the property near the road, but can't find a map showing location.
Here’s NT describing that cabin location starting around

7:40:00

I agree. Users don't bag their pills -- dealers do.
just curious--if the dealers deliver in baggies, then the users take them all out of the baggie??
Or do they keep them INSIDE the baggie as they use them??

Thanks for laying out this info. Is the above JW reference included in the info you provided?

I've wondered about the caretaker's house and have never remembered to ask you all about it.

The caretaker's house (sometimes they call it the cabin, I think) is right there where the driveway to farm buildings meets Moselle Rd. Could AM have run over there at 70 steps/minute, cleaned up, and changed? I don't recall anyone ever saying the caretaker's house was searched or thought about by LE.

Can see a small building near the entrance on Google maps.

Caretaker cabin.jpg

caretaker cabin.JPG
Yellow arrow marks hangar and kennel area where bodies were found. The red arrow points to the caretaker's cabin. Also check out our MEDIA thread for this case. Lots of photos there.

^^rsbm

Dr. Kinsey (forensics expert) opined that MM was facing toward the feed room when she was shot. I prefer OP's quoted source because I shudder at the idea that MM had a visual of MM getting shot and dying. MOO
I think the first shot would've registered as accidental -- Paul turned forward and I think Maggie turned toward the sound. Both of them would've had to take a second to process, to realize Alec did it on purpose and he wasn't stopping. By then Maggie would have been half way to Paul so yes, I think she watched it happen. Horrific.

JMO

I think the most important question relates to time of death, and I have seen enough evidence regarding the events between 8:44 - 8:49 PM to convince me that this is when they died. It's evident that Paul was shot first based on where his body was found - shot by surprise. Alex was at the location where they were shot when they were shot, so unless someone wants to see Alex get away with murder, I don't think there's any reason to find him not guilty.
BBM
Ive been following since the beginning however, after reading this, my stomach did flip flops--
I agree this is how it happened.

While I knew the CS was horrific and the thought of a mom/wife and son murdered is horrifying, as a mom, I find this terrifying.

That said, to have PM shot first, while MM is clearly right there, the horror she must have felt seeing this.
It breaks my heart.

Wait so AM's didn't have cancer?
He died of heart disease and lung cancer (Former South Carolina Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III Passes Away - FITSNews) but the issue that sent him to the hospital before the murders was thought to possibly be pneumonia which could have been treated with antibiotics.

My guess is that the cancer was advancing and they were trying to determine whether to do more radiation/other treatment or hospice. When the thought came up about possible pneumonia they decided to check it out. It is not uncommon for people with lung diseases to get pneumonia and with advanced disease the question about treatment for infections is one that is posed to the patient and families.

Yes, RM3 had cancer but his latest symptoms were not believed related to his cancer. My understanding is there was a suspected blockage that was impacting his breathing and his doctor recommended radiation treatment.

Seems to me that he was taken to Savannah for a second opinion and a pulmonologist suspected RM3 had pneumonia and radiation the wrong treatment. RM3 was admitted to hospital for a study on the obstruction and treatment for pneumonia.

We know RM3 did not remain in Savannah hospital much longer because he was home to make an appearance outside of John Marvin's hunting lodge where AM and several lawyers from the firm gathered to support AM as SLED agents arrived for more interviews. RM3 died at his home on Thursday, June 10. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest