SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[…]

Evidence teased​

A receipt with a $1,021.10 item from Gucci circled. Hair in Maggie Murdaugh’s hands. Footprints near the kennels that seemed to be from her flip flops.

Those are among the evidence that prosecutors have presented but not yet explained.

Out of nowhere Thursday, prosecutor John Meadors mentioned a cooler that a caretaker at the Murdaugh home mentioned was there before the killings and he hadn't seen since.

Meadors asked a state agent if someone could theoretically take wet clothing or guns away in a cooler and not get the inside of their vehicle dirty. No cooler has been placed in evidence and that was the only mention of it so far.

Lookie that. Cooler right there on the cabin picnic table.
If he had taken the cooler with bloody clothes, etc. to Almeda and returned it that night, it would have contained evidence, blood at a minimum, and dna. I don’t know whether SLED checked for those things, but AM couldn’t have been stupid enough to return a potentially incriminating cooler to the crime scene.

Maybe I’m misunderstand what y’all heard. I was confused by the testimony.

The state on Friday entered into evidence the transcript of a voicemail Paul left his father on May 6, 2021 – roughly a month before the killings.

I am still in EB (Edisto Beach) because when you get here we have to talk,” the message said. “Mom found several bags of pills in your computer bag.”
What strikes me as odd about Paul's message to his father is that he tells Alex to talk to him about the pills. He doesn't tell Alex to talk to his wife about it, but to his son - almost a role reversal of parent and child. Was Paul the in-between communicator for his parents?
IMHOO:

Yes, the family dynamics changed once PM took MM's side against AM in the pill popping business.

He showed them. Nobody puts Alex in a corner.

I don't know where all of the millions are that Alex stole but I firmly believe that, in addition to MM spending her fair share of dough, he spent a lot on his drug habit that was upwards of $30k a month. It can be painful to live with oneself when one is a devious, and allegedly a murderous, coward.

His pupils were extra large thereby, making him resemble one who has black eyes - with no irises at all. Opioids enlarge and dilate the pupils.

Signs and symptoms of opioid abuse and addiction include:
  • an increased tolerance for the drug
  • an inability to stop or reduce usage
  • withdrawal symptoms when you stop using
  • a desire to keep using even when health complications arise
  • an impact on quality of life, including relationships and employment
  • spending excess time and money on drugs
  • excessive sleeping or extreme weight loss or gain
  • turning to crime to pay for more opiates
A reason a person with an addiction to opioids uses so frequently is bc their own bodies stop producing the feel good stuff:

Long-term opioid use has serious health consequences, impacting multiple organs. Opioid abuse can impair the brain’s production of natural painkillers and dopamine, the brain’s “feel-good” chemical. Opioids and Related Disorders | Definition and Patient Education

Screenshot 2023-02-18 7.52.33 PM.png
Alex Murdaugh: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Sad isn't it even burger joint's profiting off the dead.
I don't think that's fair. The place didn't know she was dead ( or even knew who she was) when he was looking at the menu. The burger is also on the Kid's menu. Looking at the rest of the menu there are other items named after people who, I'm willing to bet have a connection to the place. I REALLY don't think a restaurant in that small town would be that classless. The locals would be appalled at something like that. I say this as a local who lives in Charleston. That kind of thing wouldn't be done on purpose. I would be totally shocked if they did. I truly think this is just a coincidence.

Unfortunately Whaley's is another victim in Alex's scorched earth policy of the Low Country.

[…]Evidence teased

A receipt with a $1,021.10 item from Gucci circled. Hair in Maggie Murdaugh’s hands. Footprints near the kennels that seemed to be from her flip flops.

Those are among the evidence that prosecutors have presented but not yet explained.

Out of nowhere Thursday, prosecutor John Meadors mentioned a cooler that a caretaker at the Murdaugh home mentioned was there before the killings and he hadn't seen since.

Meadors asked a state agent if someone could theoretically take wet clothing or guns away in a cooler and not get the inside of their vehicle dirty. No cooler has been placed in evidence and that was the only mention of it so far.

“Out of nowhere Thursday, prosecutor John Meadors mentioned a cooler that a caretaker at the Murdaugh home mentioned was there before the killings and he hadn't seen since.”

Now THIS^^ makes sense. But someone said the cooler was back at the scene the same night, right?

“Out of nowhere Thursday, prosecutor John Meadors mentioned a cooler that a caretaker at the Murdaugh home mentioned was there before the killings and he hadn't seen since.”

Now THIS^^ makes sense. But someone said the cooler was back at the scene the same night, right?
I’m trying to find video of it and will post it. It all happened so quick and got shut down by Defense objections.

I see in the media there a few still promoting Paul was the shooter.
Ugh!

Why Paul is not shooter:

* He wasn't laying on his weapon. There was no weapon.

* Hose is being heard in the Cash video. Who used it AND who wrapped it wrong?

* He told the caretaker for his mom to lie for him. To say he was there for 40 min. But was only there 20. (17 min actually with Mom.)

* AM made them come to Moselle, not Paul.

* He wanted Blanca to believe and say he was wearing a Vinyard Vine shirt not the polo shirt.

* He lied about not being at the kennels. Until P's cell is unlocked everyone believed Alex was never there.

* The murders served as AM's means to shift the focus away from himself and buy himself some additional time to try and prevent his financial crimes from being uncovered, which, if revealed, would have resulted in personal legal and financial ruin for Murdaugh.

* Paul had no reason to kill his Mom.

* Shooter of Paul had to be 3 foot away, according to stippling and blood splatter

* The financial motive points to Alex and not the son, as the murderer.
Plus, Paul would have needed to eat the guns after he blew his own brain out.

Thought I might try to show you visually why I'm having trouble with AM's account of the 'discovery'.
If the On Star system is to be believed, surely MM's body would have been the first visible to AM the driver, based on positioning relative to the buildings, AM's possible direction of approach and where he was exiting the car from. Obviously we can't know exactly because there is no video cam of the first approach of the suburban. But we have the data, and we have the positioning of AM's car the second time around and where he parked that time. Documented by LE.

So, does this make it more clear why I think there's something hinky?

murdaugh1.jpgmurdaugh2a.png

BBM
Ive been following since the beginning however, after reading this, my stomach did flip flops--
I agree this is how it happened.

While I knew the CS was horrific and the thought of a mom/wife and son murdered is horrifying, as a mom, I find this terrifying.

That said, to have PM shot first, while MM is clearly right there, the horror she must have felt seeing this.
It breaks my heart.
Maggie told friends that "Alex was up to something" as she drove to Moselle that day. If it occurred to her that Alex might hurt her, I think she would have felt that there was safety in numbers. She knew Paul was there, and she would have been certain that Alex would not do anything to either of them while they were together. What they both did not realize is that they were there by design because Alex intended to murder both of them.

I think Maggie's death was exceptionally cruel. Not only knowing that Alex killed Paul, but then she suffered 3 non-fatal but extremely painful injuries prior to two fatal shots to the head. Paul's death was cruel as well because his non-fatal injury left him able to walk to the door of the shed and look at the shooter before his fatal shot to the head.

Nathan Tutan said the guesthouse is 100 yards off Moselle road, near the entrance to property. He lived there with Paul at one time when they were in college. I think what you're showing is referred to as the "clean-out station" which has two walk-in coolers?

That makes sense. But I thought the caretakers cabin was the one in the photo I posted because there is what I thought is a cooler sitting right next to it.

Some coolers have wheel's and some are ribbed on the bottom, both could leave wheel or drag marks.
Alex didn't have anything heavy to tote away other than a couple of guns and some clothing, some shoes, maybe. He could easily lift, without dragging, a cooler. His adrenaline was pumping.
Could the cooler have caused the straight lines in the wet pavement that the State mentioned early in the trial? Someone posted 2 photos of the lines that were admitted into evidence but I don’t have access to them now.
pbibm * Edited Photos*

From the google images of the case - I do not possess the link for the entire reel but this image shows two lines on the concrete sidewalk outside of the dog pens.
Screenshot 2023-02-18 8.31.02 PM.png

And, then, there is this one that has 2 parallel lines running N-S between the orange ring.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 8.32.54 PM.png

https://storage.googleapis.com/www-courttv-uploads/2023/01/2cbb3406-52651198661_c9967ed24b_o.jpg

https://storage.googleapis.com/www-courttv-uploads/2023/02/7eb8efd1-state-506_kennels.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maggie told friends that "Alex was up to something" as she drove to Moselle that day. If it occurred to her that Alex might hurt her, I think she would have felt that there was safety in numbers. She knew Paul was there, and she would have been certain that Alex would not do anything to either of them while they were together. What they both did not realize is that they were there by design because Alex intended to murder both of them.

I think Maggie's death was exceptionally cruel. Not only knowing that Alex killed Paul, but then she suffered 3 non-fatal but extremely painful injuries prior to two fatal shots to the head. Paul's death was cruel as well because his non-fatal injury left him able to walk to the door of the shed and look at the shooter before his fatal shot to the head.

I couldn't agree with you more, it seems he wanted to punish them as much as kill them.

There was also a bullet strike in the gravel, apparently a missed shot at MM (shown on the LE diagram), so he took at least 5 shots at her, if not 6.

When he texted her about the "pedi!", I have to wonder if he wasn't mad about the frivolous expenditure, she was supposed to go to the doctor's but she also had a manicure and foot massage before coming to Moselle, given his cavern of money woes, that may have made him fairly angry. mooo

just curious--if the dealers deliver in baggies, then the users take them all out of the baggie??
Or do they keep them INSIDE the baggie as they use them??

Excuse my ignorance as I’m still trying to figure out what affects AM was receiving from his pills of choice (if he was using).

Thankfully, I have no experience with taking recreational drugs nor have I gotten hooked after a painful injury or surgery. So I’m guessing when I say I would tend to think a user would put them in a OTC or vitamin bottle? Leaving them in a bag seems too risky for protective safe keeping and visual exposure.

That makes sense. But I thought the caretakers cabin was the one in the photo I posted because there is what I thought is a cooler sitting right next to it.

The cooler was supposed to be next to the skinning shed. I would guess it's either that building or one of the 2 smaller ones I circled in this photo.

20230218_185428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members