SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And didn't they say that the "bag of pills" MM found were on May 6th.... only a month prior to their murders?

IMO, this was something recent, and IMO, knowledge of said "bag of pills" was isolated, as far as I can tell, to AM, MM, and PM. This could also contribute to motive, IMO.

JMO. moo

EDITED with the correct date...May 6th not May 26th. IMO, a month is still recent.
AM said to Maggies sister that he believed whoever did this had planned it for awhile, or something like that, and my first thought was "the pills and addiction were a part of his plan"

Re:911 call
Just found a CNN special on YouTube called The Murdaugh Murders: A Twisted Tale of Power and Money. One of the panelists pointed out that 911 starts recording as soon as you dial, not after it’s answered. I was vaguely aware of this from other cases. But then they played AM’s 911 call and the panelists says he’s not breathing hard until it’s answered. It’s very quiet, except for the dogs barking.

BBM

My take?
There won't be any future Appeals at all.
None.
Zip.

Why? In my own opinion, this jury was not sequestered, thus someone or more will have been gotten to.

As you say orchestrated, deliberate taking cotrol, they know what they are doing.....

Again in my own personal opinion, they will find him not guilty, they will go after the criminal activity, and he will get out on bail....

From there he will wiggle his way out of the Criminal activity....
He's NOT going to get out of jail for years due to the financial crimes. His own lawyer stated this.

My main thought in all of this .. where was the vomit? Sorry .. but I can't imagine coming up on a scene like that and not being sick. I can't imagine coming up on that scene and not dropping to my knees and screaming those sounds that you don't even realize are coming from your own mouth. Forget trying to find my phone even if it was glued to my hand .. I'm not sure how I would ever call 911. Someone would have to peel me off of my loved one.

and the fear .. where is his fear?!!
Oh my god, YES!

My main thought in all of this .. where was the vomit? Sorry .. but I can't imagine coming up on a scene like that and not being sick. I can't imagine coming up on that scene and not dropping to my knees and screaming those sounds that you don't even realize are coming from your own mouth. Forget trying to find my phone even if it was glued to my hand .. I'm not sure how I would ever call 911. Someone would have to peel me off of my loved one.

and the fear .. where is his fear?!!
Oh my god, YES!

I wonder why Alec wrote to Buster's girlfriend. That seemed strange to me. I wondered if it was a business letter - an article posted on the previous page says she works in probate and estate planning.

First, AM knows he has to keep close to the gf to remain close to Buster. Given the context of the conversation, I believe the gf either just finished the bar exam or learned that she passed. In previous jail calls to Buster, AM's asked to speak with her and they've shared friendly chit-chat. I think the letter was likely congratulatory and where he probably expressed his sorrow that they were unable to have a "Murdaugh family" celebration. AM is such a tool. JMO

Blanca lives in Brunson the home AM had clothes/toiletries taken to is in Hampton.

Simpson brought all of Murdaugh's clothing and toiletries to a two-bedroom home in Hampton he was using to store his belongings. One day in August 2021, Murdaugh walked into the home as Simpson was preparing to leave, she said.

Really don't think that women are respected in the M family. moo.

I got nosey about BM’s gf… additionally, BM and GF might (him definitely) testify this week.

She has a beautiful sweet smile. See link. You don't see that in court which is understandable. IMO, the gf is too young to be sh@t up like this (in AM words)!

The pictures (again see link) look nothing like her at trial…Did she do a 180 since trial? This can’t be a healthy situation for her… imo. Hope she can find the strength to leave. I know she’s a smart young lady.

Done venting...

I didn’t realize she was a lawyer. Can’t imagine being her and having a boyfriend who was (publicly) expelled from law school for plagiarism.

This is my take as well...the sentence would have been a minimum of 15 Years incarceration that PM never would have been able to cope with....so AM decided to *do the deed*. Why take out his mother?>>> She couldn't cope with PMs sentence /death either. That begs the question>>> Why didn't AM take himself out as well? Maybe he wanted to be there for BUSTER??
Why would he need to take himself out? With PM and MM gone, his problems are gone? Living on Easy St at that point. He settles lawsuit for a lesser amount, gets tons of sympathy from the community. Life is looking good. Real good.

He's NOT going to get out of jail for years due to the financial crimes. His own lawyer stated this.
Right. But IMO, he only said that so the jury would not feel conflicted to find him not guilty, knowing he’d be locked up forever anyway. And, who feels confident he wouldn’t find a way to circumvent those fraud charges?

I mean, Casey Anthony is walking free. Anything is possible.

Several witnesses commented on how much time Alex spent at his parents. Blanca said that Maggie told her he was going over there at night and she was worried that he wasn't getting enough sleep. Maggie's sister testified that he went over a lot, sometimes twice a day. But Miss Shelley testified that she'd only seen him there at night a couple times. Where was Alex actually going at night?

I can't stop thinking about Alex's interview in the car a couple hours after the murders. He said that Paul was "a very intuitive dude, almost like a little detective." Some have said that they hear Alex say, "Paul, why'd you have to get involved?" early in the 911 call.

What had intuitive little detective dude learned? We know he found pills. Was there something else?

That was a weird convo with Buster “Deer or Dove hunting” at Moselle?? JG??

Notice in the previous call when Buster talks to AM and he ask Buster how he got to Vegas. “On Spirit Airlines”. AM says “how was that” with a chuckle. I read somewhere that they were used to flying private.
Yes that did seem odd. The defendant seemed a little perplexed that the remaining son did not want to go deer or dove hunting at the estate, scene of the slayings. And that if he did not intend to go, then he was going to allow one of his defense attorneys on the property to do so. Interesting. IMO.

AM said to Maggies sister that he believed whoever did this had planned it for awhile, or something like that, and my first thought was "the pills and addiction were a part of his plan"
According to article Ms. Proctor’s testimony “but he felt like whoever did it had thought about it for a really long time,” spoke volumes for me. Curious why AM would say such a comment. Was that a confession? Moo.

I’ve linked article, see paragraph below:

Second, although Alex appeared “very torn up” about the deaths, Proctor said, he had given her a confusing response when she had asked him whether Maggie and Paul had suffered as they were killed. After he assured her they had not, Proctor asked Alex if he had any idea who might have killed them. “He said that he did not know who it was, but he felt like whoever did it had thought about it for a really long time,” she said.

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about Alex's interview in the car a couple hours after the murders. He said that Paul was "a very intuitive dude, almost like a little detective." Some have said that they hear Alex say, "Paul, why'd you have to get involved?" early in the 911 call.

What had intuitive little detective dude learned? We know he found pills. Was there something else?
Sure PM (insider detective) knew more about AM then AM thought he did and will never see the light of day.

When Proctor heard that her sister and nephew were dead, she initially felt it had to be some sort of terrible mistake, she said. But as her shock and horror subsided in the days that followed, Proctor said she began to notice a few things that she found odd.

To begin with, she told the court she had found it strange that Alex had gone to see his mother alone that night, given that Maggie had told her that accompanying him had been “the whole reason she went home that night.” (Alex’s father had been taken to a hospital earlier that evening and was not at home).

Second, although Alex appeared “very torn up” about the deaths, Proctor said, he had given her a confusing response when she had asked him whether Maggie and Paul had suffered as they were killed. After he assured her they had not, Proctor asked Alex if he had any idea who might have killed them. “He said that he did not know who it was, but he felt like whoever did it had thought about it for a really long time,” she said.

“I just didn’t know what that meant,” she added.

Finally, although a killer or killers remained at large, Alex didn’t appear to be at all scared for his safety or that of his surviving son, Buster. Like many people, Proctor had immediately suspected the killings might be some form of retribution against the Murdaughs over the boat case. But although Alex repeatedly raised that as a possible motive when he originally spoke with the 911 operator and first responders, he didn’t seem to be living in fear that someone was after him.

“We were afraid. We didn’t know what was going on. My family was scared. I was scared for Alex and Buster. I thought that they needed protection. I think everybody was afraid,” Proctor said. “Alex didn’t seem to be afraid.”

In fact, Alex seemed most concerned with trying to prove that Paul had not been driving the boat on the night of the 2019 crash — and thus that a potentially multimillion-dollar lawsuit against the Murdaughs by the dead girl’s family was moot.

“He said that his number one goal was to clear Paul’s name, and I thought that was strange because my number one goal was to find out who killed my sister and Paul,” Proctor said. “I don’t know how he could have thought about anything else.”

Several witnesses commented on how much time Alex spent at his parents. Blanca said that Maggie told her he was going over there at night and she was worried that he wasn't getting enough sleep. Maggie's sister testified that he went over a lot, sometimes twice a day. But Miss Shelley testified that she'd only seen him there at night a couple times. Where was Alex actually going at night?

I posted a bit back that both caregivers made that comment/statement. Where was he going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties