SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the long timeline:

I wish we were given their phone logs from the day before. Because I'm really curious about some calling behavior I'm seeing and wondering if it is "normal" for them.

On the day of the murders, Maggie calls her sister 5 times (plus 2x she didn't get through), and Marian calls Maggie 3 times. The shortest call was 1:27 mins, then 2:39m, 4:08m, 4:43m, 6:44m, 7:39m, 12:41m and 26:34m (at 10:17 in the morning after she'd already spoken to her once that morning!). Their last conversation is at 7:31 pm. That's in addition to Maggie forwarding Marian the group chat info about Richard's health updates.

I loved my sister dearly, but even when our mom was in the hospital after getting sent there for needing bypass surgery and I was unable to come down until the next day, I don't think I've had 8 phone conversations in one day with her.

So I'm wondering if this was usual for them, or was this more frequent and if so, why?

My closing argument:
—said MM showed up to surprise him that night, but MP’s testimony says MM was asked to come reluctantly did
—only 19 seconds between AM’s car arriving at kennels and 911 call is contradictory to what he told 911 operator he did
—8:44pm video includes AM’s voice yet he said he wasn’t there
—tried to talk Shelley into lying for him about the time he spent at parent’s house
—cartridges found outside gun room match cartridges for bullets that killed MM
—he was a pill head living two lives and everything was crashing down. His family discovered addiction, his co-workers discovered his theft
Tried to talk to Shelly AND Blanca into lying...and with the later he was acting very melodramatic about it too! Blanca and her hubby moved out of Moselle the next day, didn't they? And poor Shelly was so shook up she went and talked to her LE brother about it. That lady was scared

And also....good heavens, this family talks on the phone A LOT, IMHO. Unless the timeline just left out irrelevant imessages or texts from Alex and Maggie (they didn't seem to leave them out with Paul), they were mainly constantly calling people on the phone. Even for multiple 1 to 1 1/2 min conversations with their kids that day. I get Alex being on the phone for his job, but the three of them call each other and Buster non stop!

Is this common? In my social circles (I'm only a few years younger than Maggie) and my older son's (about Paul's age), we just don't call. We text, especially for short day to day stuff.

I'd be real interested to see what their phone call to text msg ratio was before the boat crash compared to after. Because to my mind, it almost feels like a group of people who are going to great lengths not to leave text records of their conversations that could be used as evidence in the boat trial.

Maybe tears for PM and MM but I don't think for AM, I truly don't. The brothers had to have known AM was lying about taking/visiting his father to the hospital because JMM did that. And RM knew AM was lying about leaving the firm early that night because AM was still there when RM left at 6pm. It was just a circling of the wagons, IMO

Pretty certain the brothers weren’t shocked by the financials. I think they were surprised by the Eddie connection because RM told LE that AM was trying to get a phone so he could call Eddie from the hospital. He offered money to the nurses to let him use a phone.

On Newsnation right now Eddie’s attorney is speaking. She said the defense hasn’t subpoenaed him yet.

Pretty certain the brothers weren’t shocked by the financials. I think they were surprised by the Eddie connection because RM told LE that AM was trying to get a phone so he could call Eddie from the hospital. He offered money to the nurses to let him use a phone.

On Newsnation right now is Eddie’s attorney speaking. She said the defense hasn’t subpoenaed him yet.
I wonder what prompted RM to contact LE about Alex and the phone at the hospital. It's the first time I've heard of one of the Murdaughs going to LE about another family member.

The more I keep thinking about this the more I'm convinced that drugs were the motive behind these murders. DO NOT get in between a junky and his drugs. I keep think that either MM or PM took those pills. If they destroyed those pills that causes significant problems for Alex.

Yes, there is a mountain of evidence concerning all the financial fraud and I do think that is another motive. The walls were coming down fast. But stick with me here.

If AM was in fact an addict and his stash of pills were taken. He's in a world of poop from a physical standpoint. I went into this in a previous post of mine some threads or pages back, but the short of it is he would potentially be facing life threatening withdrawal IF he was taking the amounts of drugs he says he was taking.

OR

If AM was an addict perhaps MM and PM confronted him and were threatening to leave him, or perhaps they gave him an ultimatum " Get help and go to rehab or we're leaving" or MM told him she was going to file for divorce and all of AM's skeletons were more than likely going to be exposed to everyone. There are a few scenarios there that could enrage someone. A divorce would make AM's money situation which was already spiraling out of control, significantly worse. All these factor could very easily make AM snap that night in a fit of rage.

There is another angle to this as well. IF he was dealing or distributing, he would potentially be missing out on a tremendous amount profit from selling drugs. And we know he desperately needs that money to pay back the law firm and any other debts he owes.

Now I know there are going to be people here who are going to say that he owed those drugs to someone and they are going to come looking for it. In my opinion it doesn't work that way. If he's a distributor, junkie's aren't going to kill their dealer. That's how they get their product. They will just go find their drugs from somewhere else. If he somehow owes someone $$$ there is no way to get money out of a dead man. They are going to want their money most definitely, but you don't kill the goose that's laying the golden pills.

You also don't go killing a prominent local attorney's family. That's a great way to get the the cops and feds involved. It brings a tremendous amount of heat down on the scene and the 'players' in that life. Also IF AM's family got killed and the rest of them were really in danger, AM would have cashed in all of his chips/favors/relationships with judges/police/lawyers etc and call in the National Guard to protect the rest of his family and get them into some kind of protection.

So that's just some thoughts to chew on as we go back to court tomorrow morning. See ya'll there.
Perfect storm where it all just became too much for him to fix. If the story in People Magazine was correct and Maggie was talking to a divorce lawyer, you know finding bags of pills was discussed and getting an accounting of finances all the more important. JMO

On Newsnation right now Eddie’s attorney is speaking. She said the defense hasn’t subpoenaed him yet.
That GMA interview was fairly soon after the murders, wasn't it?

Nobody wants to have Cousin Eddie take the stand. I guess it will depend on how the defense handles the rehabilitation of "addict" AM for the jury. Prosecution can call rebuttal witnesses

Looking at the long timeline:

I wish we were given their phone logs from the day before. Because I'm really curious about some calling behavior I'm seeing and wondering if it is "normal" for them.

On the day of the murders, Maggie calls her sister 5 times (plus 2x she didn't get through), and Marian calls Maggie 3 times. The shortest call was 1:27 mins, then 2:39m, 4:08m, 4:43m, 6:44m, 7:39m, 12:41m and 26:34m (at 10:17 in the morning after she'd already spoken to her once that morning!). Their last conversation is at 7:31 pm. That's in addition to Maggie forwarding Marian the group chat info about Richard's health updates.

I loved my sister dearly, but even when our mom was in the hospital after getting sent there for needing bypass surgery and I was unable to come down until the next day, I don't think I've had 8 phone conversations in one day with her.

So I'm wondering if this was usual for them, or was this more frequent and if so, why?
Good questions...I do remember MP saying her and MM got very close after their kids flew the roost. They did a lot more together

And the missing shotgun that killed PM. They found shell casings with matching ballistics on the Moselle property. Both victims shot with Murdaugh weapons.
Which IMO eliminates the defense trying to assert an unknown assailant was targeting the family and killed Paul and Maggie. Anybody going to the property for the purpose of killing them would bring their own weapons.
And the missing shotgun that killed PM. They found shell casings with matching ballistics on the Moselle property. Both victims shot with Murdaugh weapons.

That GMA interview was fairly soon after the murders, wasn't it?

Nobody wants to have Cousin Eddie take the stand. I guess it will depend on how the defense handles the rehabilitation of "addict" AM for the jury. Prosecution can call rebuttal witnesses

Yes, it was the Monday after the murders as I recall. If not Monday it was close thereafter.

I wonder what prompted RM to contact LE about Alex and the phone at the hospital. It's the first time I've heard of one of the Murdaughs going to LE about another family member.

It probably had to do with RM hearing about the drugs for the first time. Acting like an interventionist on behalf of his brothers major addiction.

That was the first day DH made a forceful public statement about his addiction to opioids that began after an injury. It was a way of deflecting from AM being corrupt. Damage control, ‘poor Alex’.

I'm curious whether there's evidence that Paul and Alex travelled from the kennels to the house together between 7:30 and 8:00 AM, or whether they travelled separately. Did they meet at the house with their guns at 8 PM and Alex offered to put them away - putting him briefly back at the kennel between 8:02 and Maggie arriving around 8:17 PM?

He could have hidden the guns before Paul arrived, but Paul would have looked for the .300 blackout for the ATV ride.

From 7:14 to 7:22, both Paul and Alex record around 200 steps, so it seems they were together at that point, I don't know any way to tell if they travelled to the kennel together on the timeline Rudofski put together. Around the time Paul got to the house (7:04 p.m.) AM recorded 165 steps, I don't see any other step record until 7:14.

Dang! RM filed lawsuit against his brother AM October 2021.

As Alex Murdaugh's many alleged victims argue for courts to freeze his assets so they get a fair reward in any future civil judgments against him, the disgraced attorney now has two other noteworthy plaintiffs coming after money. And Alex knows them well.

One is Alex's own brother, Randolph "Randy" Murdaugh IV. The other is John E. Parker, powerhouse attorney and president of Alex's former law firm, Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth & Detrick (PMPED) in Hampton.
Randy Murdaugh and John E. Parker filed debt collection lawsuits against Alex on Thursday and Friday of this week in Hampton County court.

Alex owes his brother and former partner a combined $523,500 in unpaid personal debts, according to the complaints filed this week.

Randy Murdaugh in his suit gives a detailed breakdown of the $46,500 he claims his brother owes him. Parker, meanwhile, is decidedly vague in his accounting of $477,000 he alleges he loaned Alex.

Parker says he he gave Alex Murdaugh three loans between March and July of 2021 — $150,000 in March, $77,000 in May, and $250,000 in July. He gives no further details besides the fact that money hasn't been paid back, however.

Each of these substantial loans came in the months immediately before and after Alex's wife, Maggie (52), and son, Paul (22), were murdered outside the family's home in the secluded Moselle community in Colleton County, June 7, 2021.

Randy, meanwhile, says he first gave Alex a loan ($75,000) to cover an overdrawn bank account on Sept. 2, 2021. That's the day before PMPED forced Alex to resign for stealing money from the firm and its clients.

Randy's next loan to Alex came four days later, when Randy says he drove Alex to check into a drug rehabilitation facility out of state. Randy says Alex asked him to loan him the $15,000 it would cost to enroll in the rehab clinic, and Randy says he agreed.

[…]

As for the money Randy says Alex owes him, he claims to have deducted $43,500 from an original $90,000 in exchange for a tractor and a brush clearing implement he got from Alex.

[…]

Dang! RM filed lawsuit against his brother AM October 2021.

As Alex Murdaugh's many alleged victims argue for courts to freeze his assets so they get a fair reward in any future civil judgments against him, the disgraced attorney now has two other noteworthy plaintiffs coming after money. And Alex knows them well.

One is Alex's own brother, Randolph "Randy" Murdaugh IV. The other is John E. Parker, powerhouse attorney and president of Alex's former law firm, Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth & Detrick (PMPED) in Hampton.
Randy Murdaugh and John E. Parker filed debt collection lawsuits against Alex on Thursday and Friday of this week in Hampton County court.

Alex owes his brother and former partner a combined $523,500 in unpaid personal debts, according to the complaints filed this week.

Randy Murdaugh in his suit gives a detailed breakdown of the $46,500 he claims his brother owes him. Parker, meanwhile, is decidedly vague in his accounting of $477,000 he alleges he loaned Alex.

Parker says he he gave Alex Murdaugh three loans between March and July of 2021 — $150,000 in March, $77,000 in May, and $250,000 in July. He gives no further details besides the fact that money hasn't been paid back, however.

Each of these substantial loans came in the months immediately before and after Alex's wife, Maggie (52), and son, Paul (22), were murdered outside the family's home in the secluded Moselle community in Colleton County, June 7, 2021.

Randy, meanwhile, says he first gave Alex a loan ($75,000) to cover an overdrawn bank account on Sept. 2, 2021. That's the day before PMPED forced Alex to resign for stealing money from the firm and its clients.

Randy's next loan to Alex came four days later, when Randy says he drove Alex to check into a drug rehabilitation facility out of state. Randy says Alex asked him to loan him the $15,000 it would cost to enroll in the rehab clinic, and Randy says he agreed.

[…]

As for the money Randy says Alex owes him, he claims to have deducted $43,500 from an original $90,000 in exchange for a tractor and a brush clearing implement he got from Alex.

[…]

Well that’s encouraging. I’m glad they aren’t letting it go out of sympathy, especially Randy. Maybe seeing the trial has opened their eyes to the real Alex. I hope more will come forward.

My guess is to support the “Alex is so addicted to opioids, he‘s still trying to get drugs even while hospitalized“ narrative.

Just like the Good Morning America appearance advanced the operative narratives.

My bad, I answered earlier thinking you asked something totally different...nevermind:rolleyes:

Knew about some of these, but it's a very intricate case and trial, and some of these clues are very mysterious and really need further explaining to be relevant. I did not know about any brown hair.

• The Gucci Receipt
  • The Wedding Ring
  • Envelopes of Cash
  • The Brown Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics